+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ECPAT fraud?

Re: ECPAT fraud?

Nope, it does not sound familiar at all and I stand ** my statement.

Hello Jigsaw, :
    You are 100% right. Charitiesí scamming trend is exactly what you and the European police are saying. They are charging the same project to different donors and that is a very easy thing to do if the donors are not communicating with each other and if you have a donor that is not checking the financial reports such as those connected with hedge funds managers.:2gunsfiring_v1: So they play it safe with the government donors but take advantage of less inquisitive donors. On top of that they scam the junior members of the organization with their salaries to keep the whole overhead cost down. Also the auditor just sees if the report matches the bills and receipts, they donít look at how the money has been used.:errr: The only way you can catch scammers like ECPAT is ** having a proper audit investigation conducted ** authorities and European Anti-fraud Audit Investigators that know what they are supposed to be looking for.yb:
    In addition, when charities get caught their tendency is to defend themselves with statements and words. They do that to the very end, but during the period of investigation they are unable to produce evidence to show they didnít do it. Just like the Nazis at Nuremberg. Deny, deny, deny. :chicken:

The biggest fraud ECPAT commits is saying they speak for children but never following up and showing any harm to children. They were never chosen or elected b-y the children or parents of the children they pretend to represent. In many cases these families are bribed or pressured b-y their local police into testifying.

The people themselves can investigate ECPAT agents:
    In Chiang Mai, Thailand they will hang out at certain places, like Bake and Bite Cafe, the Wine Bar.
    In Bangkok, they often eat at Ranee's in the Khao San road area.
    In Vientiane, they will go to Scandinavian Bakery.
    In Cambodia, they will go places like Cafe Fresco or Sentiment.

You will be able to spot the difference between tourists and ngo agents, like ECPAT people. Take a small camera or use a camera phone and just snap photos. Then keep comparing your photos, and you will start to see the same faces of people dressed similarly.

ECPAT operatives will sit in cafes and work at their laptops. Most ordinary tourists will not do this.

You can set up a database and identify networks.

This is not harassment because this is exactly what ECPAT is doing to innocent tourists without their knowledge. The US government gets a tourist's name from the outbound airline flight roster then matches it with the passport picture. They send this to consulates in countries the tourist visits. The consulates give this data to groups like ECPAT.
    Last edited by safe-happy-kids; 09-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Hello and welcome to the forum safe-happy-kids!
    I read your post with a lot of interest. I do not understand a 100% how NGOs work. For what I know through contacts that worked at ECPAT, the office in Bangkok doesn't do investigations like the one you mention. I do not know about other ECPAT offices. Let's see if anybody posts further details.
    Have a good day!
    Watchdogyb:

Quote Originally Posted by ECPAT WATCHDOG View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum safe-happy-kids!
    I read your post with a lot of interest. I do not understand a 100% how NGOs work. For what I know through contacts that worked at ECPAT, the office in Bangkok doesn't do investigations like the one you mention.
    watchdog:

thank you for your welcome.

ECPAT people will not reveal all of what they are doing, partly because US consulates do not want their activities known. If ECPAT revealed their information, they would be implicitly revealing how they get it because certain information can only be obtained from certain sources.

The French version of ECPAT is APLE. They hire networks of street vendors and motorcycle taxi drivers in Phnom Penh to inform for them. Of course they do not want the identities of such people revealed. This was explained b-y them in the Cambodian newspapers.

I think charities should be better regulated. General audits are best. I do not understand why those charity organizations do not have a regulatory body or government branch to supervise the management. We need more transparency.

I must say, I am surprised to hear of this.
    :spin2:

Anybody have documentation or a URL redirect to documentation that ECPAT is under investigation?

Ecpat.se is tracked by us since May, 2012. Over the time it has been ranked as high as 4 496 699 in the world. All this time it was owned by annecp2282-00001, it was hosted by Patrik Olsson, Loopia AB and others.
    Ecpat has a high Google pagerank and bad results in terms of Yandex topical citation index. We found that Ecpat.se is poorly Ďsocializedí in respect to any social network. According to MyWot, Siteadvisor and Google safe browsing analytics, Ecpat.se is quite a safe domain with no visitor reviews.