+ Reply to Thread

Help: Stealing Bank Credit Scam

Hello everyone,

I have came across a scenario where an individual has been offered an 'opportunity' where he can make good money. The man told him that he works in taking credit from banks, using them in a limited amount of time, and go to jewelry stores to buy diamonds, or simply go to Vegas to blow as much cash as possible. The limited amount of time, that he mentioned, was 24-48 hours. By this time, he would get someone who he 'knows' in upper management of banks and have him mark the missing credit as an 'error', which in this case results in the bank receiving money (sometimes twice the amount) from insurance, so the bank itself doesn't lose money.

Is this a scam?

HELP: Is this a scam?

Hello everyone,

I have came across a scenario where an individual has been offered an 'opportunity' where he can make good money. The man told him that he works in taking credit from banks, using them in a limited amount of time, and go to jewelry stores to buy diamonds, or simply go to Vegas to blow as much cash as possible. The limited amount of time, that he mentioned, was 24-48 hours. By this time, he would get someone who he 'knows' in upper management of banks and have him mark the missing credit as an 'error', which in this case results in the bank receiving money (sometimes twice the amount) from insurance, so the bank itself doesn't lose money.

Is this a scam?

PS: He only told my friend he needs a 'rough estimate' of my credit score to get started, nothing that is necessarily personal.

Re: Help: Stealing Bank Credit Scam

um, yeah. they are going to charge up a lot of stuff in your name and not care what happens to you. if it was $10, the credit card company would write it off. but you are talking about thousands. the bank and the insurance company will investigate you, prosecute you, and your credit will be ruined forever. yes, you could go to jail. i never thought i needed diamonds bad enough to go to jail. you know anybody in insurance? ask them how they feel about tricks that make them pay false claims.
    Last edited by mumbles; 06-14-2011 at 12:13 AM.