+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

saw an oppty that allows you to make $100...

I saw an opportunity that allows you to make money from home, called brilliant mail - something like that - anyway, it's a type of 2 level program where someone Joins by sending $100 to the first of two people already in the program (the Sponsor), for the "License" to use the same program (as well as receiving all of the required doc's, info and resources you will need), and then they send $100 to the 2nd person (the Sponsor's Sponsor), for the "Product" - which is then mailed to the person joining, from the 2nd person.

This sounds reasonable and acceptable to us - but we're interested in finding out the views of people here, from anyone familiar with programs like this? And/Or this program specifically?

And is there any type of agency that we can contact to check on the regulations of such a program? or any other home-based opportunities for that matter?

Thanks!
    Last edited by I_have_questions; 06-06-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Re: saw an oppty that allows you to make $100...

Quote Originally Posted by I_have_questions View Post
    I saw an opportunity that allows you to make money from home, called brilliant mail - something like that - anyway, it's a type of 2 level program where someone Joins by sending $100 to the first of two people already in the program (the Sponsor), for the "License" to use the same program (as well as receiving all of the required doc's, info and resources you will need), and then they send $100 to the 2nd person (the Sponsor's Sponsor), for the "Product" - which is then mailed to the person joining, from the 2nd person.
    Sounds like cash gifting, which is illegal.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I agree with Meri, sounds VERY illegal, there is a very good article on it here; http://www.affhelper.com/cash-giftin...t-get-scammed/

The only thing I wish he had included in the article is the fact that when the scammers called the IRS to get their recordings they probably asked "Is cash gifting legal".. well of course it is, you can give money to a charity, you can gift a certain amount per year to your children, however that is NOT what this pyramid scheme of cash gifting is all about.

If they had fully explained what they were really asking about they would have gotten a much different answer.

It also sounds like a money chain letter, distantly descended from the Dave Rhodes scheme of the 1980s. Also quite illegal (and has been illegal for nearly 80 years in the States).

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    If you'll provide more info, a link maybe, an actual name...you'll get feedback...

So far....it don't look good.

It Is NOT Cash Gifting -

Here is a Link I saw -

http://www.lazywealth.com/millionmail/Millionmail.pdf

Not cash gifting? ROFL! So what EXACTLY is the "product" you are buying when you fill out the order form?

That's Larry Oxenham's website. Scam-O-Rama!

I wouldn't trust him with anything financial farther than a jelly donut could polevault unassisted.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Not cash gifting? ROFL! So what EXACTLY is the "product" you are buying when you fill out the order form?

It's a manual detailing Direct Mail Marketing and how to best use the techniques in running a business

and... ROFL?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    That's Larry Oxenham's website. Scam-O-Rama!

I wouldn't trust him with anything financial farther than a jelly donut could polevault unassisted.

So are you saying you just don't like Larry, or that you don't think the concept of this program is legitimate?

And have you actually done business with him, to have come to the opinion you have?

It appears that he has been around for many years, and he actually answers your emails right a way - and that's better then 90% of the others out there...

Thanks!

Manual? Hardly. The very sales method is a criminal act in itself. Try reading these:
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/02/eileenspam1.shtm
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/12/pushenvelope.shtm
    http://daverhodes.etee2k.net/
    http://www.snopes.com/luck/chain.asp
    http://www.silcom.com/~barnowl/chain...bliography.htm

What you have there is fraud, not education, and what it will teach you is how to get busted by the law for doing the same scam as the person whose website or letter you fell for.

Quote Originally Posted by I_have_questions View Post
    So are you saying you just don't like Larry, or that you don't think the concept of this program is legitimate?

And have you actually done business with him, to have come to the opinion you have?

It appears that he has been around for many years, and he actually answers your emails right a way - and that's better then 90% of the others out there...

Thanks!

I've watched him get deeply involved in one securities fraud and pyramid scheme after another, reassuring his victims that it "works" and is honest the whole time. He's a regular Charles Ponzi.

the "opportunity" is not to get $100, it is to lose $200, then try to make it up by finding other suckers willing to pay $200, for nothing. there is no company, no product or service.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    the "opportunity" is not to get $100, it is to lose $200, then try to make it up by finding other suckers willing to pay $200, for nothing. there is no company, no product or service.

I appreciate your opinion - thank you - but I'm not clear about something - if they say we get a guide explaining how to do direct mail marketing correctly, and we can use this info, and their resources, for this opportunity or for any other - isn't that a product and-or service?

I mean someone once sold rocks to people, calling it a pet, and made millions - how was that not a scam? and selling information in this case is?

I received Links to the FTC and others sites to show how this is not a good opportunity, but what they talked about doesn't seem to relate to this program - at least from what I've seen so far -

I don't know - but I will be contacting the FTC to find out more about it.

thanks -

they didn't sell the rocks for $200 and promise you would make money selling the rocks to others.

if the idea is selling e-books, they can do that for $10. e-books cost nothing.

but you think it is a company? what is the company name? where is it registered? it has a credit rating? an IRS taxpayer number?

i think not. i think it is just this one joker "saying send me $200."

while you are on paypal, send me a couple hundred, too. you are just going to waste it on money making schemes, anyway.

actually, it could get worse. once he has your address & phone number, he can sell it over and over to anybody else who wants to sell you their money making scheme. you might have to get unlisted number to stop the calls.

won't you feel like a sucker for having paid $200 for that?
    Last edited by mumbles; 06-06-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    if the idea is selling e-books, they can do that for $10. e-books cost nothing.

but you think it is a company? what is the company name?
    Thanks again Mumbles -

That's part of what I'm trying to find out -

Is it the fact that they are asking people to pay them $200 - and not $10 - that makes it a scam? Aren't people allowed to charge what they want? I mean if I think that would be a fair price, isn't it up to me to pay that amount? and if everyone thought it was to much they would make no money.

Or if I wrote some kind of ebook, can't I charge whatever I want for it - why would it have to be cheep just because I could produce an ebook for nothing?

and is it the fact that there is no company that makes it a scam? I have made many purchases from [people] and not a company and got a great deal - so I'm not sure what the difference is?

or is the issue really - that someone is making claims that others can make money to - that makes it a scam? especially if it doesn't work out for some?

I have actually lost money with BIG companies because one of their employees gave me the wrong info [or lied to me] - can't that happen anywhere.

Thanks -

you have convinced me that you should send them two thousand dollars. if $200 of this "product" is good then $2000 is ten times better. just do the math.

again, the object of the pretend company is not distribution of any product, not books, not rocks. it is simply a cash pyramid.

a cash pyramid, a ponzi scheme, is illegal everywhere because people always lose their money.
    Last edited by mumbles; 06-07-2011 at 07:03 AM.