+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?

Hi everyone, I've been applying for all manner of jobs recently at www.seek.com.au, which is a major career resource in Australia. A few days ago I applied for this job, attaching my resume.

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/mobile-ph...ourne/19846638

The next day I recieved the following email;

Hi,

You have applied for the SMS job from home advertised on Seek.com.au. This email is to tell you a little bit about the job (your role, pay etc) and also for use to get an idea as to whether you will be good at the job and enjoy it.

Job Description:

Workers answer trivia questions from home on their computer. They are taught a research protocol using Google, Facebook and Myspace. They must be very familiar with these sites and have confidence browsing the internet. They must also have confidence thinking on their feet and problem solving around tough questions. Witty, good humoured, well spoken people suit this job. If you do not meet the mentioned requirements read no further. Save yourself and us the time. If you think this job is perfect for you then proceed!

99% of the questions are people wanting to know what we know about them. Itís called ego texting. They get a funny, positive, ego boosting text message back with accurate information (hair colour, friends names, school name, footy club name etc) that we find publicly available on the internet. It is not a casual muck around job. It is a monstrous business operating internationally and the current workers all realise it is one of the best jobs they will ever have and hence give it due respect. After all, when working from home it is easy to become lazy. If you are likely to fall into the lazy-category do not pursue this job as you will only end up being hassled by managers for not being on time etc.

Workers are paid 50 cents per question. There is always tonnes of questions flowing in and the roster is never over rostered! The average worker does 32-45 questions per hour. If you do the math this is great money for sitting at home. Computer and English savvy workers can do 45+ per hour. The roster is done fortnightly. Shifts are 4 hours long. The service runs nearly 24 hours a day. Each worker allocates the shifts they want across the fortnight. There is a requirement that all workers will do at least 4 shifts per week Monday-Friday and at least 8 hours a fortnight over the weekend shifts that include (Sat from 6pm onwards or anytime Sunday).

If you think this job suits you, email back and we will get you to sign a contract (confidentiality purposes) and then train you up. Takes about 2 weeks to train you up and get you into the roster. IF the job description does not suit you then donít force it! You will find a job that suits you somewhere!

It is a great job that allows you to earn really good money from home. We want hard working staff that take their jobs seriously....fun, light hearted people that respect us who we can respect back!

Kind Regards,
    James Reid

So what do people think? Scam or not a scam?

Angus Roche

Re: Is this a scam?

By the way, the company's name, supposedly, is igenYZ

I don't see anything about the job that points to it being a scam.

Just make sure that they don't require any upfront payments and carefully read over the contract they give you.
    Have you been scammed? Report a scam and we'll help get your money back and exact revenge!
    Articles Users Have Submitted: Quibids, Robert Allen, Ashley Madison, Nopalea, Melaleuca

I also got the exact same thing. Anyone know if this is legit or not?

I applied for this on seek too and actually did the job for a short while. It's for the SMS service 199 Jerry. It is definitely not a scam, but it is hard to make good money unless you are fast.
    You need to have your own ABN (which you can get for free) and then you use a web platform to answer SMS questions sent in from customers, usually like "who is NAME from SUBURB?" You get paid 50c per question answered.
    I wasn't fast enough to make worthwhile cash, so I didn't continue with the job. I can see how if you stuck at it you could get quite fast at it though. I just don't have the patience.
    Do some googling on igenyz, the company owns sites like myfashionzoo and mymonthlycatch as well :)

Hi,

I just wanted to ask, how you got on with the Ego Txting job?

I got the exact same email?

Thanks! :angel:

I also received the same email but did not care so much about the job. just have a feeling it is a scam that so many people have received it.

I don't know if its a scam or not, your country standards are different from mine.
    It would most definitely be legit if it was in my country, and good thing its all free because you get to make some really good money, on that site good luck to you.