+ Reply to Thread

Judgment Day - May 21, 2011 - WRONG AGAIN

randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/1317-oh-theres-much-more-to-come.html

WRONG AGAIN

clubconspiracy.com/forum/f29/judgment-day-may-21-2011-a-13663.html

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Re: Judgment Day - May 21, 2011 - WRONG AGAIN

David (Dennis) seek help.

You are no longer grounded in reality. You've become the laughing stock troll of the Internet.

Why do you hate reality so much?
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 05-27-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

WE should believe upon this statement. It is 100 % true. No doubt this universe will be end one day, that day will be , Day of Judgement. Everything will be end.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

How convenient that ANY day the world end, will be Judgement Day. Talk about moving the goal posts.

This is why the bible is not a credible source.
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

There is no dead line. One fine day that will happen. May be it will take years.

It's kind of like the high school kid after graduating saying: "I'll get a job tomorrow mom!" The thing is "tomorrow" is always a date put one day in the future. It never comes to pass.

Whenever anyone in history has spoken of judgment day, they either leave it open-ended (which is pointless), or they assign a specific date. Those that give a date are quickly proven wrong once that date comes to pass. Those that leave it open ended are like the kid in the example above--claiming it will happen tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, or just plain SOON. And those people lose credibility as each day goes by and judgment day never comes--not that they had much credibility to begin with....
    Last edited by needs2stop; 07-05-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny4u View Post
    There is no dead line. One fine day that will happen. May be it will take years.
    Of course the end of the world will happen...but how will you know there was any supernatural being responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Of course the end of the world will happen...but how will you know there was any supernatural being responsible?
    What I have never understood is a few simple questions these people have never asked themselves.

Why should people care when the end of the world is?

Do they think that some sudden change in additude is going to make up for a lifetime of misdeeds?

Do they think they think the last few seconds in fear will make them a better person?

The simple and basic reality is that if you live a good life each and every day than when where judgment day comes does not matter. It's only those who live in shame that should be afraid.

The are millions of lives being wasted and forgotten because we all think that we are the last generation. That we don't need to be prepared for the next one. The simple reality is that we do have to be prepared for the next one.

Spector567 said:
    What I have never understood is a few simple questions these people have never asked themselves.

Why should people care when the end of the world is?
    This position is all about their own personal security, Spector.

Do they think that some sudden change in additude is going to make up for a lifetime of misdeeds?
    Again, self-preservation is a powerful motivator. Most want to be "in gods good graces" by being "obedient." They never think about a god seeing them "acting obedient to get on his good side," even though they may feel differently. This is a game they play to save their souls and get to heaven. Still others pray to god to let them live a little longer out of their own fear and insecurity, when it would be more practical to die, releasing someone else from the debt of keeping them alive longer.
    Do they think they think the last few seconds in fear will make them a better person?
    Fear runs the planet, IMHO. They haven't realized yet that if there was a god he just might hate us and longs for the opportunity to destroy us along with everything in the solar system. They cannot bring themselves to say, "Hey, thats ok."

The simple and basic reality is that if you live a good life each and every day than when where judgment day comes does not matter. It's only those who live in shame that should be afraid.
    "The simple and basic reality" is that we live a "good" life in spite of our fears and worries about "what will happen to me when this body is put in the ground." Being fearful of a "god's wrath" is a lowly existence, IMHO.

The are millions of lives being wasted and forgotten because we all think that we are the last generation. That we don't need to be prepared for the next one. The simple reality is that we do have to be prepared for the next one.
    If we are the last generation to live on planet Earth, so what? Who is going to stop anything that would destroy all life on the planet, if and when that comes? Right now, at this very instant, there may be billions of lifeforms dying in some distant galaxy millions of light-years away from Earth. And the universe goes on as if nothing happened. Nature hasn't any feelings or emotions for it's creations.

Its human beings that hang emotions on everything they come into contact with.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 07-06-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Realistically, the Earth won't end until the suns supernova swells and swallows the inner planets. But that's a few billion years off from now. Fortunately we've got time to find a way off this rock.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

We could be ripe for the proverbial asteroid strike, also.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Hold it, everybody.

Don't panic, but I have bad news.

I heard that the world is really going to end next year, on December 21, 2012.

And it's going to happen right before my birthday.

Bummer!

Sad wasn't it, the countdown continues, and no one is claiming that December 21st, 2012 is the end of the world. It's the completion of the Re-alingment of planets that begins anew for another 26K years, now that could be a toughie.
    hiseredman

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    We could be ripe for the proverbial asteroid strike, also.
    That Apophis asteroid that's coming back in 2023... Are they really sure it's going to miss?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.