+ Reply to Thread

Leery of new Marketing Company in Culver City,CA

As we all know, *****slist.org is replete with scam jobs.
    That said, I just received a favorable email response from a sales/marketing company near my residence, asking me to arrange an interview.
    However, the email did not address me by my first name ("Hi Applicant First Name" is what it said), and the message was dubiously familiar:

Thank you for applying. We are excited to inform you that management would like to meet with you for an interview! They reviewed your resume and feel that you are qualified for one of our open positions. They also compared your resume to others received and feel that you have the right skill set and experience they are looking for in an employee.
    This is one of our busy seasons and unfortunately interview times are limited. Please call our HR Department at our original headquarters to secure a time for an interview, or you will be contacted by a member of our HR team shortly

Does the above message look
    familiar to anyone?
    Thank you!
    Transform and Roll Out!
    Teletran1
    Last edited by mumbles; 05-17-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: font tags removed

Re: Leery of new Marketing Company in Culver City,

Quote Originally Posted by teletran1 View Post
    As we all know, *****slist.org is replete with scam jobs.
    That said, I just received a favorable email response from a sales/marketing company near my residence, asking me to arrange an interview.
    However, the email did not address me by my first name ("Hi Applicant First Name" is what it said), and the message was dubiously familiar:...

Does the above message look
    familiar to anyone?
    Thank you!
    Transform and Roll Out!
    Teletran1
    The letter is very similar to a company in New Jersey. Click here and scroll about a third of the way down and read the letter... http://www.ripoffreport.com/employme...0-st-ae9c6.htm If it is the same type of operation you will most likely be put out with a lead trainer on a phone desk, in stores or neighborhoods (no matter what the weather) to promote products or other companies' products or services. IF you are good they promote you to trainer. Next position is a team leader, maybe office manager and ultimately you go out and start your own office somewhere, at your own expense or a very small initial stipend, and start the hiring process that you came in under.

It is not MLM and not a scam per se but that type of company targets new grads and unemployed with the allure of big overrides and eventually their own business. It's a tough row to hoe and high stress meeting quotas, not to mention expensive starting your own branch. These types of companies have a VERY high turnover rate at the entry level.
    Last edited by GeryD; 05-18-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb