+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Mutual Warranty: Beware

I signed up with Mutual Warranty; home appliances insurance company. About 10 days later, my toilet got blocked, I called the company right away but was told that plumbing was not covered. I read out the clause in the contract that specified plumbing covearge but the customer service represetative would not budge. Finally after asking to speak to her supervisor I was able to speak to someone who confirmed that plumbing problems were indeed covered and assured me that a plumber would contact me that very evening and that someone would be out by the next morning.

24 hours later; 3 kids and wife going crazy, unable to use toilets, shovers, sinks, I finally called a local plumbing service who came right out and fixed the problem.

Mutual Warranty has a 30 day opt out clause with a $35 cancellation fee so I right away called and cancelled the policy. Guess what, the moment I cancelled the policy a plumber called. I told him that I had cancelled the policy and that his services were not required.

1 month later after numerous phone calls Mutual Warranty reimbursed me, less $235, claiming that an estimate had been made. Now Mutual warranty will not respond to Emails, you cannot get through to customer service.

Beware this company, customer service is rude, is only interested in sucking money from you, they will NOT provide you with promised coverage and you will spend hours on the phone. They are a complete scam.

Oh, Mutual Warranty, this is in reference to contract # 0030384
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-11-2006 at 05:38 AM.
    Stephen

Re: Mutual Warranty: Beware

Can anyone give me an ext. number to SOMEONE that will actually return your calls or answer their line?? I can't get a REAL person to answer or call me back. In the last few weeks I have left more than 30 messages and 20 emails for ANYONE that will call me. I have not gotten ONE response. This company owes me money for a microwave that JERRY CHAPMAN authorized. I was told the check was being mailed three weeks ago. The company ALSO owes the repairman over 400.00 for the work that he did. They told him the same thing.."the check is in the mail." Can ANYONE give me phone numbers or names of people to call there? I only get voicemail. I did try to call and select the sales dept. I actually DID get someone there. DAVE. I begged him to not send me to a voicemail, to find a PERSON, a MANAGER, to talk to. He said he was on a different floor. BUT, he said he would send me to HIS manager. "Mark Armstrong". He sent me right to a voice mail for a person named PAUL CRUISE, I think that is what it said. Well, that is one of the people I left a message for last week that didn't call back. I am at my wits END. I really believe I have been scammed by this company.

Mutual Warranty is a Scam

I signed up with Mutual on Jun 13th. Over the weekend, my air conditioner broke. I tried all Sunday afternoon to get through to them, but just got messages telling me to try again later. Monday morning, I got through to their voice system, but it's an endless loop. As soon as you hit 2 for service, it redirects you to the main menu.

Through sheer bloody-mindedness, I kept hitting numbers for 15 minutes until I finally got through to someone in sales. I opened a service request, and expected a response within 24 hours (as I had been told would be the case when I started the policy). It's now Wednesday, and still no call.

I battled the phone system again this morning and finally got through to Raj. He said there's a clause in the contract that says that there has to be a maintenence log for each air conditioner in order to receive service. A what? I asked why this wasn't mentioned when I purchased the policy--he didn't know. the Warranty companies I've worked with at previous houses never required this. I asked Raj if he kept a log for his air conditioner--he admitted he didn't. He said it's a new clause, added recently.

Clearly, this company intends to avoid service in whatever way they can. I asked to cancel my policy and was told that a supervisor will call me back. I intend to fax my cancellation, write a certified letter, and notify my credit card company of the scam. I'm also reporting them to the BBB.

DON'T SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

Re: Mutual Warranty is a Scam

Yeah, I've heard alot of negatives about Mutual Warranty! These scammers need to be stopped! :mad: I sure hope you get your money back! Go get em!

Please believe me when I tell you that you aren't the only one being SCAMMED by Mutual Warranty. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. I've cancelled my credit card so that Mutual Warranty can no longer charge me. My case is different from many that I've read. I actually cancelled my "contract" about 2.5 weeks after it was established because they were VERY unprofessional. I told the rep exactly what I thought of Mutual Warranty and the rep said "Sir, your contract has now been cancelled."
    THIS WAS LAST YEAR (August 2005). I check my bank statements last week and I noticed that these crooks were trying to charge me.
    I will also be contacting BBB.

I'm glad you are all contacting the BBB. I already have. I have also contacted the Dept of insurance and some other places as well. As you can see on other posts, I have been scammed by this company also. I am actually on hold with THE RECORDING again, as I type this! I email, use the live chat and call EVERYDAY. The live chat is the ONLY way to actually GET someone. But, they don't know anything. They always refer me to someone else and that "someone else" doesn't contact me. BIG FREAKIN SURPRISE! Good luck to you guys. Keep us posted if you actually GET SOMEONE to respond to you. I would LOVE to get the name and number of someone in that company that will actually HANDLE something.

Oh man am I kicking myself. After researching home warranty companies (I'm a real estate agent) I found mutual warranty, but not much information. What I did find was that they DID fix some major problems, even if it took a while. I figured they were a newer company and would wait to build up their name before they started ripping everyone off.

I ordered the plan in April, when we closed escrow on an existing home. Our guest bathroom stopped working over a week ago, as in, we have no water coming out despite the handles being turned.

We contacted Mutual Warranty on June 26th and spoke with Edgardo over chat (since we were experiencing the same problems with the "loop" when calling). We were told someone would contact us within 24 hours. No one did.

So we called again and spoke with someone named Karen via chat. She told us that our claim was denied, since we didn't notify them when it first happened. We explained that there was a miscommunication and that it had just happened. She looked over the original chat, and told us she would reauthorize it and someone would contact us within 24 hours. No one did.

Another 24 hours go by, and we speak again Via chat to someone named Fernando. He tells us again that it was denied because we didn't tell them the day it happened. Pretty mad now, we tell him that we've already been over this, and he agrees to correct the information and tells us someone will contact us.

We figure we'll cut them a little slack and not even try to contact them over the weekend and holiday, so we call the on the 5th, and someone answers the phone (finally!) with "Hello?" We are then transferred to someone who tells us we will be called back later today, and that they are having problems with their phone system.

No call.

Today we finally get someone who answers the phone with the greeting "Mutual Warranty", and we ask for a supervisor. We tell him the whole situation, and he tells us that there's a chance our problem may not be covered if its the pressure regulator, but he will send someone out.

As he is on the phone, I searched for complaints on mutual warranty again, and lo and behold, I see all of these complaints start in June. If they'd happened at the end of March/ beginning of April, I would have gone with another company.

So, should I just cancel, will they pro-rate me? Anyone gotten anything back from them?

Well, I cancelled today, after another 48 hour period with NO contact after we were promised it again. I was told we would get our check within 30 days. I told them if I didn't have it within that time, that I would be calling, because I'm hearing rumors that they are not reimbursing people. Not that that does any good, but if their conversations are recorded, at least its on record that they promised me 30 days.

*sigh* I feel so stupid.

I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I sincerely think everyone should be filing a complaint.
    Last edited by bitesize; 07-11-2006 at 02:02 AM.

I cancelled service today (july 10th) and also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I sincerely think everyone should be filing a complaint.

All Mutual Warranty complaints here

I would like to condense all the Mutual Warranty complaints into one thread, this will make it easier to keep track of the numerous complaints. I'm checking into a class action lawsuit, and would like to keep things organized as much as possible. Please continue to update with your situation, I would also like to remind people to get ALL of their chats sent to their emails and document each and every conversation along with the time and the person they spoke to.

If we could get one of the moderators to merge all the threads in here, that would be fantastic and greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by bitesize; 07-14-2006 at 11:53 PM.

Re: All Mutual Warranty complaints here

I'm so sorry they are stuck in the middle of it, and I wish them all the luck in the world that they are able to find better jobs.

Mutual Warranty Ripoff

:mad: I SIGNED UP WITH MUTUAL WARRANTY ON JULY 16,2006 AND THEY TOLD ME THAT I COULD ORDER SERVICE AS SOON AS 24 HOURS OF POLICY PURCHASE. MY A/C STOPPED WORKING ON MONDAY NIGHT, I CALLED TODAY TO GET SERVICES AND THE GUY WAS REALLY RUDE AND ASKED WHEN THIS HAD HAPPENED I TOLD HIM ON MONDAY NIGHT AND HE TOLD ME IN A VERY UNPLEASEANT TONE OF VOICE " WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL US RIGHT AWAY. I TOLD HIM IF HIS PHONE SYSTEM WOULD WORK PROPERLY THEY WOULD OF GOTTEN MY CALL ALOT SOONER THEN HE ASKED THAT IF I HAD ANY KIND OF MAINTANCE PAPERWORK ON MY A/C AND I TOLD HIM NO, THAT WHO GIVES TOSE PAPERS OUT AND HE RESPONDED WITH A RUDE VOICE " WELL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IT'S YOUR UNIT" AFTER THAT HE TOLD SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY KIND OF PAPERWORK ON MY A/C, HE GAVE SOME BAD NEWS SAYING THAT MY A/C WAS NOT COVERED BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY KIND OF PAPERWORK ON MY UNIT. IS THAT STUPID OR WHAT? NOW THAT THEY GOT THE FULL AMOUNT OF PAYMENT THEY WON'T GIVE YOU NO KIND OF SERVICE. I TOTALLY REGRET GETTING THIS INSURANCE I SHOULD RESEARCHED MORE , BUT I WENT WITH THEM BY WORD OF MOUTH. I'M STILL WAITING JENNIFER TO CALL ME AND CANCEL MY POLICY. IF THEY DON'T CALL ME BY THE END OF THE DAY TODAY I WILL. :mad:

Re: Mutual Warranty Ripoff

They asked me the same thing about paperwork on my unit. It clearly states on their website that the a/c is covered. Doesn't say anything about having to have paperwork on it. They are all a bunch of idiots.

Count me in. I bought my policy a month ago. Tried to file a claim last week. It was denied. I spent over 5 hours trying to get it reinstated. Finally got them to agree to have someone call me today and I've still had no response. I want to cancel my policy. Feel free to include me on any kind of lawsuit.

Has ANYone gotten ANYTHING from Mutual? I have been on hold with the recording today AGAIN for over an hour. It keeps saying "your wait time is approx. 11 minutes." R U KIDDING ME!!!???
    I have had a "live chat" screen open, waiting all day for someone to respond.
    If you have the name and number of someone that will ACTUALLY help, please share it.
    ALSO, if someone actually is putting together a law suit, add me. I will do whatever I need to, to help.
    Thanks,
    [email protected]

Have you considered taking your complaint to the Attorney General?

We have experienced nothing but problems ourselves, with Mutual Warranty. I have submitted complaints now to the Better Business Bureau of Denver and the Attorney General's Office.