+ Reply to Thread

Making $80,000 Working From Home

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-l...-and-so,10718/

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE MONEY? Have you ever dreamed about working from the comfort of your own home? Do you wish you could be your own boss, working as much or as little as you like?

I know I've had these thoughts, but that kind of success always seemed out of my reach. After all, what chance do I have of striking it rich? I'm almost 40 with NO SKILLS, NO COLLEGE EDUCATION, and NO CREDIT. Well, that's precisely why I developed the Instant Money Invention Plan. It changed my life... in an instant! From the very first day, I was able to tell my friends and neighbors that I made $80,000 a year working from home! It was SO EASY! I needed NO SPECIAL TRAINING, and there were NO STARTUP COSTS.

With the Instant Money Invention Plan, you, too, can tell people that you've achieved financial independence without even breaking a sweat. DO NOT miss out on this amazing opportunity!

To get you started right away, call for our special informational packet. You'll learn everything you need to know to convince people you are making more money than you've ever dreamed possible. Soon, you'll be saying, "It was so easy!" and "It only took a few minutes a day!" and "Finally, I have the home and car I've always wanted!"

How does it work, you ask? It's simple! All you have to do is make up a story about your AMAZING FINANCIAL SUCCESS. Soon, everyone you know will hear how you made $7,000 in your first month!

Re: Making $80,000 Working From Home

The sad part is that this is almost true.. write an ebook that has even a teeny tiny bit of truth in it.. create a sales page with all kinds of wild claims and add in a price tag of $99+ (If you create a dvd you can thousands), put it on clickbank.. squidoo, etc.. get some spammers to hit the forums and you have an "instant" success.. Don't forget to use really ugly colors, giant fonts and fake testimonials...

Will you make $80k? I doubt it.. Will you sleep well at night? I hope not.. :bah:

It's funny how close that Onion article is to real ads for make money online scams.

Maybe it's just me, but $80k a year doesn't sound that exciting. Now, if it were $80k a month, that would be worth looking into.

Katie, you're an internet marketer right? What kind of offers are you promoting. What types of numbers and traffic are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    The sad part is that this is almost true.. write an ebook that has even a teeny tiny bit of truth in it.. create a sales page with all kinds of wild claims and add in a price tag of $99+ (If you create a dvd you can thousands), put it on clickbank.. squidoo, etc.. get some spammers to hit the forums and you have an "instant" success.. Don't forget to use really ugly colors, giant fonts and fake testimonials...

Will you make $80k? I doubt it.. Will you sleep well at night? I hope not.. :bah:
    My sentiments exactly. As someone who has been involved in legitimate affiliate marketing for the better part of 10 years (mainly Commission Junction), it bugs me that some of the new generation of marketers have absolutely zero ethics.

The whole attitude has become to get some junk info product together, create some phony testimonials and slap it all over Facebook ads and watch the suckers roll in.

I see so many marketers blatantly violating the FTC Truth in Advertising but they push the envelope until they get caught, pay a fine and right back to business.

Oh well, at least some of us can sleep at night.
    Legal Problems? Find a Lawyer

Wow that is a lot of money even for any person who has never worked online to know that it is a scam. It is not just realistic to make that a lot of money in one month.