+ Reply to Thread

Grand Capital Incorporated

I'm in Australia and I'm always intrigued about US companies that ring me to be part of this and that or the other.

www.grandcapinc.com

is the latest, they faxed me in introductory letter in which they say...

"As an introduction, GCI is a long established firm of highly qualified financial blah blah blah..."

So a quick Google reveals nothing , not the slightest bit of info on this "long established" company. Same with the signatory Jeffrey Morton and the caller Bianca Lopez.

A 'whois' check of the domain reveals it was registered last year, in London of all places.

On the two occassions that Biance Lopez rang me, it sounded as if she was calling on a sat-phone in a tunnel. Now I call friends in New York regularly and I could be talking to my nextdoor neighbour it's that clear. So I guess the heavily Spanish accented Bianca is not in NY.

So I made a call straight back to the number shown on the fax and it went through a call service and after lots of clicks and delays. I hung up.

PP

Re: Grand Capital Incorporated

Hi there,

Yeah these guys are crooks.The Grand Capital Incorporated scam has cost my father about $14,000 NZD. There is a company called Grand Capital in California which appear legitimate, but people are posing as them and creating fraudulant websites like the one listed below. They told my father they would write off his losses in the OECI company which he had earlier been scammed with by Dreyfus Securities Inc. He had to send the money first, which he sent without consulting anyone. I would love to hear other stories about Grand Capital Incorporated fraud. People were using the names of Christopher Hill, Jeffrey Morton and Terry Swertsfeger.

Cheers
    MP

In that case also watch out for a Kiwi going by the name of John Peterman.

I have also been called by Christopher Hill from GCI. Story goes that he has a client who needs to reduce his US tax liability and proposes to do so by buying shares in a company (Interactive Solutions) that has now ceased trading. Theu offer to swop my IS shares for Yahoo shares - but first I must pay them some money for the Yahoo shares to make the transaction look genuine.

I always suggest to these people "why don't you buy the shares"