+ Reply to Thread

DeeDee1965 is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

Bombs Bursting in Air........

Hello People,

While I listen to the fireworks, M80s, (aren't they really 1/4 of dynamite?) Cherry bombs, and probably interspersed, gunfire, I have a thought. More like a sinking feeling....

~~Imagine listening to the 4th of July celebrations, everyday, and every night for over 3 years.

~~Imagine hearing concussion explosions on a regular basis.

~~Imagine these sound intermingled with screams and cries of women, and children. Mothers and Father. Husband and wives.

~~Also imagine, not knowing when these sounds will end.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel/Palestine, The Sudan, the Congo, Ivory Coast, Chechnya........................

As some of the member on this board, calm down their dogs, cats, and other assorted pets, remember this;, they do not know what is going on. They do not know it is a "celebration." Now imagine what the children in the aforementioned countries are thinking and feeling. Imagine, not knowing, not understanding, and having no way to express yourself.

Imagine being a soldier, home on leave, hearing these sounds in your everyday life. When you are asleep, playing with your kids, when you are alone, and when you are in a crowd. And imagine that same soldier, being told they must return to their 5th or 6th or 7th tour of duty, and have to hear all these sound again, in the flesh.

Just imagine.....................

Thank you for your indulgence :cool:
    Last edited by DeeDee1965; 07-05-2006 at 07:19 AM.

Re: Bombs Bursting in Air........

my dog is hiding under the bed and shivering......do you think he knows!?and the dumb thing is.....i always wished everyday could be the 4th of july!?cause that's when we all(the people) get together and party!?course,the day OFF from reality mighta just been a WEE part of it!?now there ya go!!when we attacked iraq,we shoulda used FIREWORKS!?i'm always thinkin.......differently!?hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 07-05-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Re: Bombs Bursting in Air........

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hello People,

While I listen to the fireworks, M80s, (aren't they really 1/4 of dynamite?) Cherry bombs, and probably interspersed, gunfire, I have a thought. More like a sinking feeling....

~~Imagine listening to the 4th of July celebrations, everyday, and every night for over 3 years.

~~Imagine hearing concussion explosions on a regular basis.

~~Imagine these sound intermingled with screams and cries of women, and children. Mothers and Father. Husband and wives.

~~Also imagine, not knowing when these sounds will end.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel/Palestine, The Sudan, the Congo, Ivory Coast, Chechnya........................

As some of the member on this board, calm down their dogs, cats, and other assorted pets, remember this;, they do not know what is going on. They do not know it is a "celebration." Now imagine what the children in the aforementioned countries are thinking and feeling. Imagine, not knowing, not understanding, and having no way to express yourself.

Imagine being a soldier, home on leave, hearing these sounds in your everyday life. When you are asleep, playing with your kids, when you are alone, and when you are in a crowd. And imagine that same soldier, being told they must return to their 5th or 6th or 7th tour of duty, and have to hear all these sound again, in the flesh.

Just imagine.....................

Thank you for your indulgence :cool:
    We certainly have no concept of what it would be like over in the oppressed countries. North America has only experienced civil wars, or fighting with the natives on their own soil.

And the question is, what would people do, and what could they do? The only way would be to fight or flee to the mountains (if they are available) If we look at history, no matter which country it was, there was always a resistance group fighting the occupational forces. That's just the way it will always be. In many cases, it's the only thing to do.