+ Reply to Thread

Prime Insurance Company Scam????

I was searching online at reed.co.uk for a new job and this one popped up and i was thinkin this cannot be real. Surely this is some kind of scam or be illegal in some way. Has anyone heard of the company or know if this is legit?

Prime Insurance Company is looking for work at home payment agents in United Kingdom.

For working with us you will need to have:

-Available mobile number so we can contact you at any time.
    -Internet access
    -You must be located at United Kingdom

Our company have offices in Russia and United States and planning to open offices in United Kingdom 3-4 months later. You will need to receive money from our clients within United Kingdom to your bank account and resend it to us by instant payment systems such as Western Union or MoneyGram.

You don't need to invest any money to start working and can easily combine our work with your main work. Our work will take 2-3 hours a day 4-5 times at month, but you must check your e-mail and mobile phone number for task from us.

You will receive 5% from transfer amount instantly and 2000 usd at the end of the month. (For example our client will send 5000 usd to your account, you will need to resend 4750 USD to us and 250 USD you will earn.)

We need money to be transferred to your account firstly because we need money instantly but the international transfer can take week. 3-4 business days and if there is a holiday or weekend it's week. Because of this matter we need payment managers who can transfer money by instant payment systems to us.

Jack Smith,
    Prime Insurance Company

Re: Prime Insurance Company Scam????

Ive just seen this myself, and at the very least you would probably be investigated for money laundering. At worst, you would be cleared out. This seems to come around every now and again by the look of it, the last posts about it were in late 2009.

Ask yourself this, why would any company pay that kind of money for someone to do all that when they could do it themselves for a lot less? and why not simply pay the person directly by that method in the first place? if they can transfer it instantly to you, why cant it be transfered instantly to somebody else? why does it need to go by western union?

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, then it probably is shit.

Typical scam whereby you receive a phony check to deposit, and then are required to supposedly take your portion out, and then send them by western union the balance, or some variation of this. Anything involved in using western union is always a scam.

I, too, was looking for a homeworking job and browsed today here in London. The Prime Insurance Co. job came up through some agency called Frankly Recruitment - don't fancy researching it as I might get a website which plants a virus. Reed are a respectable agency for office staff here but I think they are just advertising at the top of the web page so all the jobs look like theirs. In fact, beside each entry of a job is the logo of the agency offering the job and a job ref. number - in this case Frankly Recruitment, 20165565.
    The wording is the same scam. At first thought I thought it was a money-laundering job, then I seached for the insurance co. name and came across this website about scams - just as I expected I would! I had hardly looked at any jobs when this came up; I will not return to the site.

100% scam, you are correct.

There is no job.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPS/FedEx billing account number and send most of the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When your bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

When you refuse to send him your cash he will send increasingly nasty and rude emails trying to convince you to go through with his scam. The scammer could also create another fake name and email address like "FBI@ gmail.com", "police_person @hotmail.com" or "investigator @yahoo.com" and send emails telling you the job is legit and you must cash the fake check and send your money to the scammer or you will face legal action. Just ignore, delete and block those email addresses. Although, reading a scammer's attempt at impersonating a law enforcement offical can be extremely funny.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fraud Western Union scam", "money mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com