+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 22

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    Organize these complaints in one place!

    This site is great, a lot of communication but it can be very difficult to try and find the 'good' information. Sifting through pages and pages of information is difficult. If you have ever been scammed or have a problem in general with a company I suggest placing your complaint here at: advertising removed. Hopefully the mods don't mind if I post that here since it provides a safe haven to put up a specific company, organize the complaints and group them all together in an easily index-able and searchable database made specifically for companies. If you have a testimony/praise it would also be a great place to suggest those very few trustworthy companies that we SHOULD be hearing about.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 04-25-2011 at 07:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Domain Name: VERIQUERY.COM
    Created on: 15-Apr-11

    so ya built a huge database in a week. wow, you are special!



    Company Search Results
    Home» Search » Company Search Results
    No record found.

    thanx.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    I know the guy is spamming, but...

    Look up "Gripe" if you need to complain about a company and want to put it out to the world.

    They will try and contact the company for you, and you can spread the word about your complaint via social networking. My word-of-mouth power is 759,054 people, which is a bit too much, but is good enough to scare companies in thinking the complaint could destroy their business.

    But honestly, if you have issues with a store/bank/etc, talk to the manager. If that doesn't solve your problem, call corporate.
    :king22:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Quote Originally Posted by complaintscan View Post
    This site is great, a lot of communication but it can be very difficult to try and find the 'good' information. Sifting through pages and pages of information is difficult.
    Which is why most people would use the "search" button at the top of the page to search the entire site or, once in a forum, use the "search" button to the right to search a specific thread.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    listing the names of fake companies is a waste of time. the scammers just change the name every week or even everyday, doesn't matter since it's not real.

    more important are basic rules to live by:

    most scams go like this: blah, blah, blah, send money by western union, blah, blah.

    see? doesn't matter at all what blah, blah is - just don't send western union to any stranger for any reason.

    whatever company they say, doesn't matter, it's more blah, blah, blah.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Agree.

    And I did see a few of those listings on that site, and well, they sound fake within themselves. There's NO way you're going to stand in line at a bank for 30 minutes just to get a check. This isn't Wal-Mart, it's a place where any mistake can hurt the company.
    :king22:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Domain Name: VERIQUERY.COM
    Created on: 15-Apr-11

    so ya built a huge database in a week. wow, you are special!






    thanx.
    Actually I have a csv being imported in with 22 million company names in about 2 weeks. Why are you trying to be negative? The site was built with the consumer in mind I don't see how that is a bad thing?


    Which is why most people would use the "search" button at the top of the page to search the entire site or, once in a forum, use the "search" button to the right to search a specific thread.
    You're saying that a forum is a more organized way to hold complaints than a dedicated database doing only that? Why is everybody looking for a reason to point out faults here? If it is a good place to show these things off then there is no reason to not publish there right? I mean thats why you post here correct?

    Agree.

    And I did see a few of those listings on that site, and well, they sound fake within themselves. There's NO way you're going to stand in line at a bank for 30 minutes just to get a check. This isn't Wal-Mart, it's a place where any mistake can hurt the company.
    Agree? what does that mean? That was a complaint placed by my girlfriend. And its the only complaint on the site. This bank is the inspiring reason why the complaint was made because the bank is absolutely terrible and the BBB doesn't actually show their complaints and ripoffreport doesn't show praise.

    How about the members on this site are fake. Hows that? Sounds equally ridiculous to me. Anyways, I have been datamining since I'm a c++ programmer and I currently have about 10 million business names, addresses and telephone numbers collected. By the end of the month the other half or so should be done and I'll import them into the sql database. These aren't companies with complaints, but they will appear as a company you can compliment or complain on. So, mumbles, what complaint do you have about that now?Oh by the way, you can do a whois, so can everyone else. In fact I'm going to have whois be a part of my site to check other sites out. Usefultool, but doesn't always tell much. I'm going to integrate streetview into the site as well.


    EDIT: Typos i'm sleepy :(
    Last edited by complaintscan; 04-25-2011 at 07:23 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Down View Post
    I know the guy is spamming, but...

    Look up "Gripe" if you need to complain about a company and want to put it out to the world.

    They will try and contact the company for you, and you can spread the word about your complaint via social networking. My word-of-mouth power is 759,054 people, which is a bit too much, but is good enough to scare companies in thinking the complaint could destroy their business.

    But honestly, if you have issues with a store/bank/etc, talk to the manager. If that doesn't solve your problem, call corporate.
    Well, this comment is a lot better, and I haven't stumbled upon gripe before.... But I'm a coder and I wanted to do something of my own, my way and I wanted to contribute. Can you fault me for that? veriquery.com doesn't do anything similar to what this forum is doing.

    EDIT: There is no reason to call corporate when my complaint will get washed up and my issue never really becomes resolved. If I'm going to waste my time and ultimately get zero results out of it instead of saying, "Its not worth my time" I want that opinion of their company to be published smack dab on the internet so people can see it. So that they have REAL consequence for literally having a horrible banking center. 30 minutes IS extreme for a check and it was probably a little more than 30 minutes. I was there. Not acceptable and I'd much rather put it online and not go back then sit on the phone with corp and fill out forms or whatever.
    Last edited by complaintscan; 04-25-2011 at 07:31 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Quote Originally Posted by complaintscan View Post
    Actually I have a csv being imported in with 22 million company names in about 2 weeks.

    I currently have about 10 million business names, addresses and telephone numbers collected. By the end of the month the other half or so should be done and I'll import them into the sql database. These aren't companies with complaints, but they will appear as a company you can compliment or complain on.
    Then some of us here will take a closer look at your site in 2 weeks and see what you have done.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Organize these complaints in one place!

    Quote Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
    Then some of us here will take a closer look at your site in 2 weeks and see what you have done.
    Thanks! I'll report back here when I have something to show. The other half of the datamining should be done in just a couple/few weeks.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    The truth about paid surveys and work at home jobs

    I have dealt with a lot of companies, good ones, bad ones and I have extensive knowlege regarding advertising and certain business aspects. A lot of people wonder how they could possibly get paid to do a survey, read emails, click on ads etc.

    The answer, is it is POSSIBLE, but highly unlikely. Here is why. These websites who offer this types of surveys must create fly by night websites to gather information. Their purpose for gathering information is so they can collect it and sell it. This information they are selling about you is called a lead. Now, keep in mind the way they are getting you to their website, generally though a search engine is by attracting you there with popular, trendy things like a free iPad etc. Now if I had advertised said survey site with, "WIN A FREE 8 TRACK!" then you'd see how that wouldn't work out very well. They need to constantly change, to adapt to the market and ALWAYS be offering what YOU want. Money. Prizes. You name it. Now considering the fact that you have absolutely no information about this website other than the web address itself and you likely don't have any type of written and signed contract that states they will pay you anything, they ultimately have no legal reason to do it. They will easily be able to find a loophole and say you didn't qualify for any specific reason or part of their payment agreement requires that you do something that is completely unrealistic and it would be easier to just be lost and out the hours that you spent. Nobody in their right or wrong mind is going to take the time to track down someone potentially from another country and try to create an international suit.

    Now, the point about it being POSSIBLE. The fact that they do sell this information, does create a revenue stream for them, potentially a very large one, so they do have the capacity to pay you, but the cost of actually paying you anything and the fact that is, if they don't pay you they can just make more money and ultimately have virtually no legal issues. If they do, then they could quash it with a 5 dollar check to you to settle. This is the preventative part from you actually getting paid, its just not realistic. And online survey company that is new that does have intentions of paying its users, eventually will forget to pay one or two. Then three or four. Then they will realize none of those people really put up a fight and its just easier to not pay anyone at all. They will then create a new website once that domain has obtained a bad reputation or the product/services/prizes it offers, do not create the traffic that they used to.

    They will also try to do 'lead forming' which means they will try to only collect information about certain types of people. For instance, perhaps they will only advertise in Dubai. This gives you the idea that any person filling this form out will have a reasonable financial situation. Hypothetically. Sometimes they will require that you spend a very small sum of money for "XYZ Information" or membership. They do this not only to create a small revenue stream to counter-act their advertising costs of getting you there, but most importantly that makes YOU a buyer lead. This is a person who is so very interested, aka "Targetted" in a product or service that they are willing to pay for it. This rogue site can have a completely different website but more professionally cater to businesses themselves. The businesses could be ultimately oblivious to the ways this information is created or collected however if they produce results and realize conversion then the product speaks for itself and if it helps them meet their financial goals then they will pay for it. This rogue survey site is now able to tell the prospective business that these people are 'buyers'. Meaning, they filled out a survey, marked in the check boxes all the areas of interest they have, AKA Make Money from home, how much time you have available, how much money you have to spend etc etc. These are all great bits of information for the prospective busineess and the big key here is, THEY KNOW YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD. To spend 100 dollars or 1 dollar for the membership or information, you are showing them you have a card. Credit cards are very important to doing business with another company so this tells the company they are saving time by calling you since they know its at least possible to set you up.



    Hopefully someone finds this information useful, I will write more if anyone cares.

    regards!
    Last edited by complaintscan; 04-27-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    --------
    Do more than just report your complaint, get a resolution! VeriQuery will not only keep your complaint organized with others like yours, but they will attempt to contact the company to achieve a resolution. Always free for everyone and anonymous.
    Click here-> File Business Complaint

  12. #12

    Re: The truth about paid surveys and work at home

    I was going to just leave this for everyone else to come along and say "WTH?". I'm afraid you just shot yourself in the foot when it comes to credibility here.

    However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me PROOF that a paid survey company like20/20 research is a fly by night company, has EVER asked a panelist for a credit card or has EVER sold a panelists information?

    You are also claiming that work at home is a scam? Here is a job opening for a BuddyPress developer to work from home for Cornell University.. are they going to sell your information? Ask for your credit card? Are they a fly by night company?
    http://www.authenticjobs.com/jobs/82...ress-developer

    Show us PROOF of your so called scams.. just REAL survey sites and REAL work at home companies.

    I'll help you out.. Vindale is NOT a real paid survey site, Panda Research is NOT a real survey site.

    The point is you can't make a blanket statement that you are offering the TRUTH, when you haven't done the research to back it up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: The truth about paid surveys and work at home

    Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    I was going to just leave this for everyone else to come along and say "WTH?". I'm afraid you just shot yourself in the foot when it comes to credibility here.

    However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me PROOF that a paid survey company like20/20 research is a fly by night company, has EVER asked a panelist for a credit card or has EVER sold a panelists information?

    You are also claiming that work at home is a scam? Here is a job opening for a BuddyPress developer to work from home for Cornell University.. are they going to sell your information? Ask for your credit card? Are they a fly by night company?
    http://www.authenticjobs.com/jobs/82...ress-developer

    Show us PROOF of your so called scams.. just REAL survey sites and REAL work at home companies.

    I'll help you out.. Vindale is NOT a real paid survey site, Panda Research is NOT a real survey site.

    The point is you can't make a blanket statement that you are offering the TRUTH, when you haven't done the research to back it up.
    LOL, says someone who runs or promotes a paid survey company. *Sigh*

    The sky is blue and therefore paid survey companies are all legit. You're right.

    EDIT: Lets say someone like Nielson. I've actually seen my gf receive a check from them for doing a survey. They have a financial gain from obtaining your information obviously, but for all intents and purposes paid survey companies are crap, they sell your info, 99% of the time, if that is not true with a couple companies here or there, for the average consumer, their best bet is to just stay away from them. Its like saying OH YES work at home businesses are legit. But the fact is, 99% of them are a waste of time. Can they get a check? Sure. Maybe thats possible. Was it worth their time? Absolutely not, and thats if they don't get scammed. Was their goal to make a worthwhile profit or waste their time? Did they end up getting what they were advertised, Mercedes and huge prizes? Nope.
    Point: If a majority of your clients fail, then quit setting people up to fail.

    If I am a base jumping instructor, and I successfully teach 1 out of 99 students to pull their shoot in time and avoid death, it does that make me a good instructor? You can try and disassociate this but the fact is many many people waste their time with ALL of these things. Look at the complaints. I'm complaining. Are you saying I don't feel the way I do?

    I think there are enough idiots who will fall for the paid survey scam stuff that we don't need to advertise them any more. Lets just advertise yours, lol.

    You say I've lost my credibility? Credibility of what? The fact that I deal heavily in leads and with lead sources? You're saying that I don't know many, many companies around the world that do exactly as I describe? Are you proposing that what I'm saying is not correct at all? Please elaborate.

    BTW: I've been in marketing for over a decade and a half, I think I know enough about the specific businesses, survey sites and other companies that I've encountered. I highly doubt you're qualified to tell me who they are or are not.

    The truth would be these survey sites telling you they are SELLING your information for a profit, instead of tacking it into some Terms of Conditions clause at the bottom.
    Last edited by complaintscan; 04-28-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    --------
    Do more than just report your complaint, get a resolution! VeriQuery will not only keep your complaint organized with others like yours, but they will attempt to contact the company to achieve a resolution. Always free for everyone and anonymous.
    Click here-> File Business Complaint

  14. #14

    Re: The truth about paid surveys and work at home

    You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. However you aren't entitled to state that they are ALL scams and they ALL work the same..

    Since you seem to feel so adamant and weren't able to provide any real proof.. we will just say you are right..

    Good Housekeeping, Allure, Redbook, 20/20 Research, Focus Forward, Johnson and Johnson, Harvard, and all the rest of them are scams.. they all want to steal your information and sell it to someone else.. :rasta:

    Let's not forget the companies who hire people to work from home.. GE Call Centers, Hilton Hotels, Home Shopping Network.. yep, they are all out to get us.. none of them are real.. :

    Luckily the people we have visiting here are smart and realize that while there are some schemes and scams out there.. not every company is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18

    Re: The truth about paid surveys and work at home

    i did surveys and loads for www.mailpay.co.uk not got any money from them as yet.


    Dave.

  16. #16

    Re: The truth about paid surveys and work at home

    Mailpay is a "paid to read email" program. Much like hits4pay and others. I don't know anyone who makes more than $10 a year to read the spam they send out.

    They are not a paid survey site though. When I talk about paid survey sites, I refer to true consumer research companies. Places that contract with major corporations who need real people to try out their new ideas or products and pay you to tell them what you think about those ideas or products.

Similar Threads

  1. Paid-Surveys-at-Home.com
    By Swiftness in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 04:44 PM
  2. Paid surveys at home
    By mooniez in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:27 AM
  3. The Truth About Paid Surveys
    By trottertowers in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
  4. Paid Surveys truth
    By dcohon in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 07:40 AM
  5. The truth behind Paid Surveys
    By katiescorner in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 06:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •