+ Reply to Thread

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Religion IS the False Prophet

Religion IS the False Prophet that the faithful fear. The fear, however, prevents them from understanding that truth. The fear perpetuates the myth...which in turn, perpetuates the faith.

Ask yourself a question, when was the last time, or name a time, that Religion provided something beneficial for mankind?... What can we look back and say. "wow...without Religion, we never would have learned or accomplished that!"

Science has provided answers...Medicine has provided cures...the Arts provides us beauty and creativity....What has Religion provided us?

Answer: Fear, division, bigotry, hatred, narrow-minded thinking, distraction from real problems and issues....
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 04-26-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Re: Religion is the False Prophet

when was the last time, or name a time, that Religion provided something beneficial for mankind?
    Religious orders founding universities and hospitals comes to mind.

"Wag more, bark less."

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
    Religious orders founding universities and hospitals comes to mind.
    No, actually...that was the individual Orders or individuals themselves. When has a Religion, acted as one to solve an issue?

(edited)..Yes, there is some merit to your point on that level.
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 04-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

I meant to add this to my original post as an interesting sidebar:

http://www.sjhsyr.org/sjhhc/stj_about_2.asp?id=122

St. Joseph's has stood as a community landmark atop Prospect Hill in Syracuse since 1869 when five Sisters of St. Francis transformed a dance hall and bar into a 15-bed hospital. Still sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis, the growth of Syracuse's first hospital has paralleled that of the city.
    Those poor dislocated winos, lolz!
    "Wag more, bark less."

Religion is a scam as it's cannot be asked to deliver on it's promises. "Pay is now....for life ever after...."

Religion was structured to avoid the responsibility of have to "put up or shut up"...it's the ultimate Fear Factor.

Truth is, Religion is a "For Profit" organization selling a cure-all snake oil. If it weren't, all it's monies would be going to solve all the problems and diseases of the world.

"Give unto Ceasar...but keep 90% for salaries, art, real estate, buildings, politicians, lawyers fees.... "