+ Reply to Thread

counterfeit clothing

Nine men who sold clothing and shoes under brand names such as Nike and Timberland out of stores in Chicago and Oak Park face charges related to a counterfeit apparel-sales ring, police said.

Ali Shaheen, 27, and Said Aljuba, 30, both of Chicago Ridge, face felony counterfeiting charges in the case, according to court records. Investigators this week seized more than $150,000 in clothing and shoes from shops on the West and South Sides and one in Oak Park, according to a release from the Cook County Sheriff's office.

Shaheen, of the 10600 block of South Parkside Avenue in Chicago Ridge, on Thursday was ordered held in Cook County Jail in lieu of 30,000 bail; Aljuba, of the 7000 block of West 100th Street, was ordered held in lieu of $20,000 bail, according to records. They have both since been released.

All those arrested following raids Tuesday and Wednesday are either close friends or family members, police said. The seven other people arrested, who live in Chicago Ridge, Chicago, Orland Park and Oak Lawn, were all charged with misdemeanor counterfeiting.

Police began their investigation in early March after someone tipped them off that the stores might be selling counterfeit goods. Investigators made undercover purchases of items at the shops, conducted surveillance on the stores and identified the nine as being involved in selling the counterfeit apparel, police said.

Most of the 4,000 items, including shoes, jackets, hats and shirts, that police seized bore counterfeit logos of Nike, Timberland and Major League Baseball, police said.

The five stores raided were: Oak Park Tobacco & More, 6319 W. North Ave., Oak Park; State Street Discount, 7100 block of South State Street; North Avenue Discount, 5540 W. North Ave.; Chicago Avenue Discount, 5600 block of West Chicago Avenue; and Madison Discount Store, 5100 block of West Madison St.

Aljuba previously pleaded guilty in a 2008 case to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized use of a trademark and spent 6 months under court supervision.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/n...,7261505.story

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Re: counterfeit clothing

I don't support attacking couterfitters.

Brand labels cost way too much for no good reason, and they're often just as poor quality as the couterfits. Do you know how many times I've bought a good pair of $200 Nike's just to wear through them in 3-6 months? Now I get bargain basement (probably couterfit) Nike's on clearance, and they still last 6 months, but I only pay at most $50 for them. Good deal!
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.