+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    32

    Islamic Terrorism

    I've yet to hear an Imam denounce terrorism.

    But, I've heard from many who claim Islam to be a peaceful religion. Unfortunately, the evidence doesn't back up their peace talk.

    I would like somebody to direct me to a website link wherein a real Islamic leader flat out denounces terrorism, ...for real!

    In the mean time, I will contend that Islam is a religion of violence.

    Please prove me wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Yeah, cos if you search on google (you've heard of it?) for the phrase "iman denounces terrorism", there are no results.

    Oh, wait, no, there are. Heres part of the very first page:


    This page focuses on condemnations of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and other terrorist incidents since then as well as of terrorism in general. It is not a complete listing of all condemnations written or spoken by Muslims but is intended to provide a representative sample.
    It has often been claimed in the media that Muslims are "silent" and do not condemn terrorism. This page is intended to refute that claim. Muslims have not been silent. Not even close. See also How American Muslims Really Responded to September 11 for more information about the Muslim response to 9/11. And another listing is at Statements Against Terror. Also Muslim Voices Against Terrorism. Related commentary at Friedman Wrong About Muslims Again , by Juan Cole and The Myth of Muslim Condemnation of Terror by Ali Eteraz.

    Muslim Leaders
    A Message from the Council on American-Islamic Relations
    American Muslim Leaders Condemn Attacks
    American Muslims Denouncing Terrorism
    American Muslims and Scholars Denounce Terrorism on Anniversary of 9/11
    Australian Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attack
    Bin Laden Distorts Islam, Islamic Scholars Say
    Bin Laden's Idea of 'Jihad' is Out of Bounds, Islamic Scholars Say
    British Muslim leaders condemn terrorism
    British Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks
    Canadian Muslims Condemn Terorist Attacks
    Islamic Statements Against Terrorism in the Wake of the September 11 Mass Murders
    Islamic World Deplores U.S. Losses
    Looking for Answers in Islam's Holy Book: What Islamic Scholars Have to Say
    Muslim Reactions to Sept 11
    Muslim Voices Against Extremism & Terrorism - Part II - Statements by Organizations
    Muslim World Condemns Attacks on U.S.
    Muslim rulers condemn WTC attacks
    New Zealand Muslims Condemn Terrorism
    Organization of the Islamic Conference Foreign Ministers Condemn International Terrorism
    Quran a Book of Peace Not War, Islamic Scholars Say
    Scholars of Islam Condemn Terrorism
    Some American Muslims Take a Look at Their Communities' Shortcomings
    U.S. Muslim Scholars Condemn Attacks
    UK Muslim Leaders Condemn 'Lunatic Fringe'
    When is jihad OK? Muslim Perspectives

    Specific Muslim Scholars
    A Common Word Between Us and You, by 130 Islamic scholars
    Attacks on Civilians: Forbidden by Islam, by Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi
    Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah of Lebanon condemns Osama Bin Laden, by Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah
    Bin Laden's Violence is a Heresy Against Islam, by AbdulHakim Murad (Tim Winter)
    Defending the Civilians (a fatwa against terrorism), by Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti
    Expert Says Islam Prohibits Violence Against Innocents, by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
    Grand Sheikh of al-Azhar Condemns Suicide Bombings, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi
    High Mufti of Russian Muslims calls for Extradition of Bin Laden, by Russian Muslim leaders
    Iran's Supreme Leader Condemns Attacks on U.S., by Ayatollah Ali Khamanei
    Islam and the Question of Violence, by Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Iranian scholar
    Jihad and the Modern World, by Dr. Sherman Jackson
    Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui
    Most Prominent Sunni Muslim Scholar Condemns Killing of Civilians, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Imam of Al-Azhar University
    Muslim Attitudes about Violence, by Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid
    Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part I - Fatwas, by various scholars
    Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part IV A few Quotes, by various scholars
    On the Terrorist Attacks, by Imam Zaid Shakir
    Prominent Pakistani Cleric Tahir ul Qadri condemns Bin Laden, by Tahir ul Qadri
    Reclaiming Islam from the Terrorists, by AbdulHakim Murad, British scholar
    Reflections on the National Horror of September 11, 2001, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui
    Refutation of Bin Laden's Defense of Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar
    Response to a Question about Islam and Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar
    Saudi Clerics Condemn Terrorism, by Sheikh Abderrahman al-Sudayes
    Saudi Grand Mufti Condemns Terrorist Attacks in U.S., by Shaikh Abdulaziz Al-Ashaikh
    Scholars' Statements Regarding The Attacks In The United States, by Shaykh Abdul-Aziz Aali-Shaykh, Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and President of the Committee of Senior Scholars, and Shaykh Saleh Al-Lehaydaan, Chief Justice Of The Saudi Arabian Judiciary, and Shaykh Dr. Saaleh Ibn Ghaanem As-Sadlaan, Pres. Higher Studies Dept. Al-Imaam Muhammd Ibn Saud Islamic University
    Spanish Muslim Clerical authorities Issue Fatwa against Osamah Bin Laden, by Spanish Muslim leaders
    Terrorism Is at Odds With Islamic Tradition, by Khaled Abou El Fadl
    Terrorism: Not a doorway to heaven, by Jamil Abdul Razzak Hajoo, of Idriss Mosque, Seattle
    The Myth of Islamic Terrorism Exploded, by Shaykh Abdul Azeez bin Abdullah bin Baaz and Shaykh Muhammad Bin Saalih al Uthaymeen
    The worst enemies of Islam are from within, by Hamza Yusuf
    Top Saudi Cleric Says Attacks on U.S. a Terrible Crime in Islam, by Shaykh Salah al-Lahidan, head of the Islamic Judiciary of Saudi Arabia
    Violence Against Innocents Violates Islamic Law, by Imam Siraj Wahhaj
    What is jihad? What is terrorism?, by Statement by Muslim scholars

    Individual Ordinary Muslims
    Special links
    A Country United- Poem by a Muslim woman about September 11
    Islam Denounces Terrorism- Site of Muslim scholar Harun Yahya
    Muslims Against Terrorism- An organization founded by Muslims who stand against the hijacking of Islam by extremists and terrorists
    Report: Muslim Celebrities Condemn Attacks- Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens), Muhammad Ali, Hakeem Olajuwon of the Houston Rockets
    Muslim charities who solicited donations to help victims in New York City:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    carlbegood should consider forming/joining some kind of mercenary group that hates muslims and actually go over there and do some damage!? no wait, that would interfere with his CAPITALIST DREAMS!? here's an idea, elect a government to do it for you!? that way you can just spend time on the net promoting that idea in a SUBTLE way!? :cwm2: : :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    To determine the danger, why not count the bodies of mutilated and murdered innocents from terrorists' (Islamic) attacks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    To determine the danger, why not count the bodies of mutilated and murdered innocents from terrorists' (Islamic) attacks.
    Ok, lets do that.

    In 2009 there were 14,971 deaths from terrorism around the globe, 11,725 in 2008, and 14,435 in 2007. That's a total of 41,131 in that three year period.

    Source:
    http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2009/index.htm

    For comparison, the civilian death toll in Iraq, if we take a modest estimate, is at least 10,000 per year. So the total rate of deaths due to terrorism around the entire globe is roughly the same as the rate of civilians being killed in Iraq.



    Deaths by................Death Toll per year (roughly)
    Car crashes (USA)........30,000
    Cigarettes...............5,000,000
    Obesity...................2,800,000
    Alcohol...................1,900,000
    Firearms.....................29,000
    Air pollution.............1,900,000
    Malaria..................15,000,000

    Total deliberate deaths (war, suicide, terrorism etc).....19,800,000
    Those of these due to Terrorism........................................1 4,000
    Those due to Iraq occupation........................................ ....10,000

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Ok, lets do that.

    In 2009 there were 14,971 deaths from terrorism around the globe, 11,725 in 2008, and 14,435 in 2007. That's a total of 41,131 in that three year period.

    Source:
    http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2009/index.htm

    For comparison, the civilian death toll in Iraq, if we take a modest estimate, is at least 10,000 per year. So the total rate of deaths due to terrorism around the entire globe is roughly the same as the rate of civilians being killed in Iraq.



    Deaths by................Death Toll per year (roughly)
    Car crashes (USA)........30,000
    Cigarettes...............5,000,000
    Obesity...................2,800,000
    Alcohol...................1,900,000
    Firearms.....................29,000
    Air pollution.............1,900,000
    Malaria..................15,000,000

    Total deliberate deaths (war, suicide, terrorism etc).....19,800,000
    Those of these due to Terrorism........................................1 4,000
    Those due to Iraq occupation........................................ ....10,000
    The question was Islamic terrorist attacks. Are you saying terrorism is justified because deaths from other causes are high?

    Evidently, you have a love affair with Islam. If you condone terrorism, you're my enemy!

    Do your figures include NY twin tower attacks, England, Spain, Russia, Indonesia, Afghanistan, and other nations?

    Are you a Muslim militant or a narrow minded liberal, which is it?
    Last edited by Cnance; 04-12-2011 at 09:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    The question was Islamic terrorist attacks. Are you saying terrorism is justified because deaths from other causes are high?

    Evidently, you have a love affair with Islam. If you condone terrorism, you're my enemy!

    Do your figures include NY twin tower attacks, England, Spain, Russia, Indonesia, Afghanistan, and other nations?

    Are you a Muslim militant or a narrow minded liberal, which is it?
    Lol. Holy crap that's a funny response.

    Let's review:

    You posted: "To determine the danger, why not count the bodies of mutilated and murdered innocents from terrorists' (Islamic) attacks."

    To which I responded with a count of deaths from terrorist attacks (of which I assume the vast majority were Islamic) like you asked, along with a number of other causes of death to put those numbers in perspective.

    You now claim I have a love affair with Islam, condone terrorism, and must be either an Islamic militant or a narrow minded liberal.


    Sorry if the facts upset you, but wow that's funny. You actually asked about figures in order to "determine the danger." My response which compared the danger of terrorism to other causes of death was EXACTLY WHAT YOU FUCKING ASKED FOR.

    So Cnance, tell me: Are you a Christian militant, or a ing retard who tries to paint the world in black-and-white so that you never, ever, ever have to engage your brain because it just might cast doubts over this pretty little world you've built full of "good guys" and "bad guys", which is it?




    Oh, and for it's worth, I absolutely condemn terrorism of any sort. I do not have a love affair with Islam (I think it's ing ridiculous. I think the same about Christianity and Scientology too). I am not a Muslim militant, and I guess whether or not I am a liberal depends on how you define liberal - I've have voted once for each of the three major parties in the last three elections (still haven't had any luck getting a good one).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    I personally have seen Muslim Imams condemn terrorism on the news, in the paper, etc. To say that all of a group approves of the actions of a few is........stupid.

    Surprised he didn't bring up all the Christian preachers that condemn the Westboro freaks in comparison. They're the ones who protest at soldiers funerals.






    Not all Muslims hate you, cnance. Just the extremists, which actually is contrary to their religion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,414

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by GarthTaylor View Post
    I've yet to hear an Imam denounce terrorism.

    But, I've heard from many who claim Islam to be a peaceful religion. Unfortunately, the evidence doesn't back up their peace talk.

    I would like somebody to direct me to a website link wherein a real Islamic leader flat out denounces terrorism, ...for real!

    In the mean time, I will contend that Islam is a religion of violence.

    Please prove me wrong.
    Another thread on nothing devoted solely to stirring shit and propagating division. Thistle's right, all you've exposed with this is your own abject ignorance. To be sure, you'll find company among your own kind here. And Stormfront.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Lol. Holy crap that's a funny response.

    Let's review:

    You posted: "To determine the danger, why not count the bodies of mutilated and murdered innocents from terrorists' (Islamic) attacks."

    To which I responded with a count of deaths from terrorist attacks (of which I assume the vast majority were Islamic) like you asked, along with a number of other causes of death to put those numbers in perspective.

    You now claim I have a love affair with Islam, condone terrorism, and must be either an Islamic militant or a narrow minded liberal.


    Sorry if the facts upset you, but wow that's funny. You actually asked about figures in order to "determine the danger." My response which compared the danger of terrorism to other causes of death was EXACTLY WHAT YOU FUCKING ASKED FOR.

    So Cnance, tell me: Are you a Christian militant, or a ing retard who tries to paint the world in black-and-white so that you never, ever, ever have to engage your brain because it just might cast doubts over this pretty little world you've built full of "good guys" and "bad guys", which is it?




    Oh, and for it's worth, I absolutely condemn terrorism of any sort. I do not have a love affair with Islam (I think it's ing ridiculous. I think the same about Christianity and Scientology too). I am not a Muslim militant, and I guess whether or not I am a liberal depends on how you define liberal - I've have voted once for each of the three major parties in the last three elections (still haven't had any luck getting a good one).
    I apologize, I misinterpreted your posting. I see now how I got my wires crossed. Yes, I asked for figures and then misunderstood your response. So I'm not fanatically against Islam. I just thinks it's a backward religion.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Islamic Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I apologize, I misinterpreted your posting. I see now how I got my wires crossed. Yes, I asked for figures and then misunderstood your response. So I'm not fanatically against Islam.
    I knew your last post sounded a bit out of character.
    I just thinks it's a backward religion.
    With respect cnance have you read the bible? From back to front that is. Everything you believe is backwards in the Koran is in the bible as well. The big difference is that you have only read the best parts of the bible and the worst parts of the koran. 1.7 billion muslims live off the best parts of the koran every day.

Similar Threads

  1. f***got terrorism
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM
  2. Obama Memo: no mention of Islamic terrorism.
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:58 AM
  3. A Comparison: Hamas Terrorism vs ZioNazi Terrorism
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 05:28 AM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 02:44 AM
  5. Islamic Prejudice, Islamic Denial
    By mars3000 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 07:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •