+ Reply to Thread

Animals of Islam Slaughter 10 U.N. Workers

yep. Any excuse will do.

Two UN staff beheaded and eight others murdered in protest against U.S. pastor who burnt Koran

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 10:11 PM on 1st April 2011

Comments (160)
    Add to My Stories

Norwegian, Romanian, Swedish and Nepalese nationals among those killed
    Killings triggered by demonstrations against burning of Koran in U.S.
    U.N. sources say final death toll could rise as high as 20
    Demonstrators at the burnings take place across the Middle East
    One of the dead female Norwegian pilot
    Mastermind behind attacks arrested say Afghan police

At least 10 United Nations staff were murdered - two by beheading - after extremists stormed their compound in northern Afghanistan today.

According to reports, protesters in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif beheaded two U.N. guards, seized their weapons and began shooting those inside the compound after a demonstration against Koran burnings in the U.S. turned violent.

The bloodshed is the worst attack on the U.N. in Afghanistan since the war began in 2001.

Scroll down for video
    Attack: Smoke billows from the UN headquarters after protesters attacked the compound in Mazar-i-Sharif

Attack: Smoke billows from the UN headquarters after protesters attacked the compound in Mazar-i-Sharif
    Anger: Protests broke out across Afghanistan after reports of Koran burnings in an American church

Anger: Protests broke out across Afghanistan after reports of Koran burnings in an American church. The violence led to the beheading of two UN officials

At least four Afghan workers were also killed and officials fear the death toll could rise to 20.

The rampage began when over a thousand protesters flooded into the streets after Friday prayers where they heard reports about the Koran burnings in America last month.

After slaying the guards, the armed mob scaled the compound's blast walls before setting fire to a guard tower and several other buildings.

An Afghan police source, who asked not to be named, said the chief of the mission in the city was wounded but survived.

Among those murdered were Norwegian, Romanian, Swedish and Nepalese nationals. Two were decapitated, it is understood.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1IJEZ3LxE

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Re: Animals of Islam Slaughter 10 U.N. Workers

First thing - shocking news, disgusting, and it has to be said that I defend the right of some dipshit in US to burn whatever book he wants, even if I think he's a ing idiot for doing it.

I'm somewhat surprised you need to go to the Daily Mail for this info though. This is THE #1 story on UK tv today, above Libya and domestic stories, and domestically we have some serious stories today.

Are the US networks not carrying this story? I watched Fox earlier, no mention. CNN? Nothing when I was watching.

Odd.

Incidentally, on the story itself, I heard 1/2 hour ago that the local Afghan police had arrested someone they accused of being the instigator of the violence, suggesting some sort of agitator role. There was some stories earlier in the day that someone had incited the crowd by claiming that hundreds of korans had been burned etc, to incite the violence.

The local authorities trying to blame one fall guy, or some truth to the story? Dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    First thing - shocking news, disgusting, and it has to be said that I defend the right of some dipshit in US to burn whatever book he wants, even if I think he's a ing idiot for doing it.

I'm somewhat surprised you need to go to the Daily Mail for this info though. This is THE #1 story on UK tv today, above Libya and domestic stories, and domestically we have some serious stories today.

Are the US networks not carrying this story? I watched Fox earlier, no mention. CNN? Nothing when I was watching.

Odd.

Odd indeed.

I was not aware that this guy had actually burned anything until I saw this story linked from the DM.

I though he stood down several months ago.

And good for you for taking the side of free speech--not all of your countrymen agree.

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Odd indeed.

I was not aware that this guy had actually burned anything until I saw this story linked from the DM.

I though he stood down several months ago.

And good for you for taking the side of free speech--not all of your countrymen agree.
    I dont think anyone knew the nut had burned a koran, I certainly didnt. Afghan tv have been running the footage (they filmed it ... * sigh *) in the last few days.

Religious extremists, regardless which religion ... cant we please fire them off into space to fend for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post

Odd.
    Even he knows better than to turn to american media these days to find out what's going on in the world. What used to be media and information in america is now merely marketing.

I've heard this story reported on Fox. Not very much information though.
    They did say the preacher burned the Koran, filmed the burning and put it on the Internet.
    Also they said he felt no quilt for what happened today with the killings of the UN workers because of what he had done.

It's sad these Islamic people have to use brutality to promote fear to try and control others. Beheading? So tragic.

there was absolutely NO justification for PUBILICALLY burning the koran!? the man is a LUNATIC!? he is at least partly responsible for the deaths of those U.N workers!? he full well KNEW the reaction that might follow his ACT!? :cwm2: : :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Here is the Time Line of Terry Jones and the Koran being burned

01:33 PM ET

Timeline of Florida's Quran-burning pastor

On Friday, a bloody attack on a United Nations building in Mazar-e Sharif is suspected to have been carried out by a mob protesting last month's Quran burning by Pastor Terry Jones. The Florida pastor made headlines last year when he threatened to burn Qurans to protest Islam, on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. On March 20, he went through with the act, this time failing to attract widespread media attention. However, the incident triggered outrage in Pakistan, which condemned the desecration and called for him to be charged with terrorism. Here's a timeline of events leading up to the Quran burning:

July 2010
    Pastor Terry Jones, head of the 60-member Dove World Outreach Center church near Gainesville, Florida, announces he will host "International Burn a Quran Day" on the eve of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. He tells CNN at the time that the event is to protest "the brutality of Islamic law" and that "Islam is of the devil."
    The event is roundly denounced by a number of groups, including the National Association of Evangelicals.
    August 2010
    Religious leaders in Gainesville, Florida, hold a peace gathering to show solidarity in their opposition to Jones' planned event. The city of Gainesville denies a burn permit to Dove World Outreach Center, but the church says it still plans to go ahead with the Quran burning. Jones says an armed Christian organization, Right Wing Extreme, will provide security for the church. The organization later pulls its support, saying the event "does not glorify God."
    September 2010
    Jones signals that he may reconsider the Quran burning after a warning from Gen. David Petraeus, the U.S. commander in Afghanistan, that it could put U.S. forces in danger.
    The Vatican and others continue to urge the church not to burn Islam's holy book as worldwide protests start to heat up. Meanwhile, the U.S. military prepares for the worst.
    Days before the planned event, Jones gives mixed messages about whether he intends to carry out his plans: He calls the Quran burning off, then says the church will "rethink our position." As the date approaches, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates and President Barack Obama publicly urge him to call off the event. Jones also announces he plans to travel to New York on the day of the planned burning to meet with the imam behind a proposed Islamic center near ground zero, the site of the 9/11 attacks.
    On September 11, 2010, Jones tells NBC, "We will definitely not burn the Quran. Not today, not ever." He heads to New York where he sets up a meeting with the imam in charge of the proposed ground zero Islamic center. Speculation that Jones called off the Quran burning as part of a deal to move the proposed Islamic center is disputed by a Florida Muslim leader. Meanwhile, analysts criticize the media coverage of Jones and speculate whether it was all a publicity stunt by a pastor from a small Florida town.
    October 2010
    A New Jersey dealership gives Jones a free car for calling off the Quran burning.
    December 2010-January 2011
    Jones is invited to speak at an English Defense League rally in February 2011, but the British government denies him entry. Jones vows to take legal action.
    March 2011
    Jones announces he will hold "International Judge the Koran Day" on March 20, in which he stages a mock trial of the Quran, burns the Muslim holy book, and posts photos on his church's website. The incident receives little media attention in the United States, but is publicly condemned by Pakistan's government. The country's interior minister calls for international terrorism charges to be leveled against Jones, according to The Associated Press of Pakistan.
    Jones says he plans to take part in an April protest at the American Islamic Community Center, in Dearborn, Michigan, outside Detroit. The protest against "Sharia and Jihad" is scheduled for Good Friday, two days before Easter. Officials at the Islamic Center of America are still deciding how to respond, though they are leaning toward a Good Friday counter-event that would bring together religious leaders of different backgrounds to encourage tolerance and interfaith dialogue.
    April 1, 2011
    Protests break out in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan against the March 20 Quran burning in Florida. A United Nations source says an attack on a U.N. building in the city that left 12 people killed – eight U.N. workers and four Afghans - followed those protests.
    Jones issues a statement calling the killings “tragic,” and urging the United States and the United Nations to “hold these countries and people accountable for what they have done as well as for any excuses they may use to promote their terrorist activities.”

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...urning-pastor/

Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_afghanistan
    (Link changes sometimes to update Afghanistan in general, so I'll copy the story as is now).

So, we have 7 U.N. guards/staff dead, and 4 protesters dead. A few conflicting stories as well about who the aggressors were, and initial intentions. No beheadings either. Daily Fail exaggerates they point they want to make, as always.

On topic, yes this is a horrible act, and yes the Muslim people clearly overreacted (blame Afghan TV as well). Terry Jones says its not his fault, which is technically true. But the need to taunt and desecrate that which other people treasure is still repugnant. If a bully takes someone's favorite thing, destroys it, then throws it in their face, do you really expect them not to go after the bully with their fists? Now the U.N. needs to play recess monitor and clean this mess up - only problem is that they can't legally touch the bully, so the bully will be sticking his tongue out while the kid who got his favorite thing destroyed sits in detention.

I wonder what would happen if a group of Muslims sat outside Terry Jones's church making a bonfire, and tossing in copies of the bible?

We know what wouldn't happen, don't we?

Christians would not kill Muslims over it.

AS usual, you say ANYTHING to protect the reputations of terrorists. "over-reacting"

Like saying Bundy "over-reacted" to being turned down for a prom date. Dahmer "overeacted" to a library book fine.

Here is a hint-we KNOW what they like to do...and we know you, too.

And yeah...they were beheaded--that is kinda their shtick, remember?

Last edited by pwrone; 04-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Good post Spector. You said everything I have been thinking about. After I posted on this thread yesterday what others said kept coming back in my thoughts. It has bothered me. What you have said is exactly the way I look at this. You said it better than I could have.
    thankyou, For once I think I actually got my thoughts out right. =)

However, I was truthfully hoping to see pwron response to this. (but he's banned for 2 weeks) While I strongly disagree with him on many issues I doubt even he would continue this line of thought.

Bigotry leads to more Bigotry. This isn't being too PC or avoiding an issue. This is pointing out that Christianity should not be used to shield the bigoted. No matter what the bible says. Jesus didn't say anything about being a self righteous jackass in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    thankyou, For once I think I actually got my thoughts out right. =)

However, I was truthfully hoping to see pwron response to this. (but he's banned for 2 weeks) While I strongly disagree with him on many issues I doubt even he would continue this line of thought.

Bigotry leads to more Bigotry. This isn't being too PC or avoiding an issue. This is pointing out that Christianity should not be used to shield the bigoted. No matter what the bible says. Jesus didn't say anything about being a self righteous jackass in his name.
    You're welcome Spector

I also wanted to see what pwrone had to say.

Some of the members here will obviously stick with saying nothing these Islamic extremists can do should control our freedom. But we all know they are controlling our freedoms just by their terrorists acts. In this case with the Koran burning and posting it on the Internet this pastor intentionally created turmoil that caused deaths of innocent people. Our President and a Military professional even took the time to talk with this man and explain how serious this would be if he burned the Koran and made a spectacle out of it.
    His actions were not Christian. His actions were done by a man who has some serious issues that need to be dealt with.

When will General Petraeus say something about murdering Islam?

Who gives a if these barbarians from the 12th century are offended.

Answer: exterminate the Muslim idiology.

Quote Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
    When will General Petraeus say something about murdering Islam?

Who gives a if these barbarians from the 12th century are offended.

Answer: exterminate the Muslim idiology.

yah, the perfect WWJD answer!? so called christianity EXPOSED for the GREAT SATAN it is hiding behind!? :judges: : :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you