+ Reply to Thread

Democracy Dies in Scotland a/ Labour Hate Campaign

AS always, for liberal scum, free-speech is bad--unless it is approved by them.

Democracy Dies in Scotland after Labour Hate Campaign

Sat, 19/03/2011 - 16:10 | News Team

The hotel set to host the British National Party’s Scottish manifesto launch has cancelled the Party’s booking after an anti-democratic hate campaign by a Labour MP.

Eric Joyce, the Labour MP for Falkirk, posted instructions on his blog telling people to email the hotel’s general manager to request that he “refuse bookings from the British National Party”.

One commenter on Mr Joyce’s blog wrote that he had spread his message around on social networking sites, and another boasted of sending a “threatening email” to the hotel.

Eric Joyce, who was the first MP to claim more than £1 million cumulatively in parliamentary expenses, commented on the decision to cancel the event as “awesome” and “brilliant”. He also told one commenter on Twitter who respectfully questioned whether his actions were a sign of “a healthy democracy” to “grow up”.

British National Party Scotland Press Officer David Orr reported that Paul Bray, general manager of MacDonald Hotels’ Inchyra Grange hotel in Falkirk, where the manifesto was set to be launched, phoned him just after 5 p.m. yesterday to tell him that the event was cancelled and that the Party would no longer be welcome at the hotel.

Mr Bray had received phone calls threatening him with loss of future business if the conference went ahead, Mr Orr said.

Despite the fact that the conference was booked under the name “BNP Scotland”, MacDonald Hotels posted on their Twitter page yesterday that “The hotel was not aware of the true nature of the meeting until today.”

Gary Raikes, the Scotland Organiser for the British National Party, described the decision as “unbelievable” and “fascist”.

“The hotel informed me a few hours earlier that they had received our cheque for rooms booked and all was well,” he said. “A couple of hours later they cancel the event. Unbelievable! We cannot lie down and be treated like this. Hire cars have been booked, flights booked, rooms booked, tickets sold, a band booked, a photographer booked, manifestoes printed. This event has taken Davie Orr months to organise. The press were due to attend, with many confirming they would today. Will they report this attack on democracy by Eric Joyce the fascist, I wonder?”

David Orr said it was a clear case of discrimination: “If this had been a Muslim event or MOBOs or any other gathering of religion or ethnic minorities, this would result in criminal charges being brought on a ‘hate crime’.”

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Re: Democracy Dies in Scotland a/ Labour Hate Camp

Try posting Sober just one time

Free Speech? ya mean like when Bush was having folks arrested for wearing tshirts denouncing the DICKTATOR?

Free speech? ya mean like when Cheney was having folks arrested for questioning
    his war criminal ass about Iraq?

LOL... you post ... and the laughter does
    follow Missy !!!

Hmm. A few points ...

- Eric Joyce is and always has been a twat, thats true. But this wasnt the Labour party trying to prevent a BNP meeting, it was a dickhead MP not wanting them in his back yard.

- The hotel in this case should be quite entitled to hire out their facilities to anyone they want. And legally, thats the case. They claim they didnt realise it was a fascist party booking on behalf of the BNP. Frankly, I dont buy that, but if they are going to take the money they should be prepared to take the flack for having a hotel full of racists.

- what does amaze me is someone like pwrone complaining about democracy and a hate campaign - the man who demands liberals be stomped on and killed at every turn.

- This was a BNP article, and a BNP headline you copied. What a pathetic you are. Reprinted anything from Stormfront recently? I'm sure its the same people writing both.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Hmm. A few points ...

- Eric Joyce is and always has been a twat, thats true. But this wasnt the Labour party trying to prevent a BNP meeting, it was a dickhead MP not wanting them in his back yard.

- The hotel in this case should be quite entitled to hire out their facilities to anyone they want. And legally, thats the case. They claim they didnt realise it was a fascist party booking on behalf of the BNP. Frankly, I dont buy that, but if they are going to take the money they should be prepared to take the flack for having a hotel full of racists.

- what does amaze me is someone like pwrone complaining about democracy and a hate campaign - the man who demands liberals be stomped on and killed at every turn.

- This was a BNP article, and a BNP headline you copied. What a pathetic you are. Reprinted anything from Stormfront recently? I'm sure its the same people writing both.

So...they SHOULD be allowed to meet and hold events anywhere that will have them, and not be tormented by the crying filth.

Right?

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    So...they SHOULD be allowed to meet and hold events anywhere that will have them, and not be tormented by the crying filth.

Right?

Are Stormfront/BNP paying you for this advertising campaign?

And yes, they can meet wherever they want, legally, and if a hotel broke a contract with them they can sue them.

Who tormented the BNP? Is that really what you are asking? The BNP? A fascist party? I guess that people having the right to complain about abortion clinics in US is different? People making their opinions and objections known, as happens all the time in US, is somehow different? Right wingers in US who demand Pepsi or Hallmark drop support for gay & lesbian groups, thats somehow different? I mean, , all they do is bombard these companies with emails letters pickets and try to bankrupt their businesses.

Not the same at all.

The BNP are welcome to try and move into Scotland if they want, but it wont do them any good.

LOL ...

PW is worth watching as her posts
    are right in line with some of the
    legendary comments by GOP CLOSET
    QUEER LIMBAUGH

This is great !!