+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

NHE Content Writer Job

I wanted to get some information regarding the NHE Certification content writer position. I understand there are some NHE employees that belong to this site and wanted to ask some basic questions regarding their organization.

I'm not interested in arguing whether or not NHE is a scam, because I do not believe that is true. However, if anyone has had a specific problem with their organization, I would appreciate a detailed account, so that I can judge it intelligently. If all you have to add is a flaming comment, regarding NHE, or on the other hand, if all you want to do is praise them, please refrain from doing so. Biased opinions will not sway me one way or the other.

I've researched NHE extensively and have concluded their legitimacy. I simple want specific information regarding their content writer position. If anyone could assist me in that, I would appreciate your time.

Re: NHE Content Writer Job

Hi Michelle,

What kind of questions did you have? Have you tried speaking to your hiring manager?

I was recently hired by NHE to write study guide material, but I'm not an employee. I freelance for them.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I work for NHE. I was just wondering about the position and when I Googled them I saw many posts, regarding them. This website, was the only one that was titled scam, and so I was interested in seeing what had been written. I was relieved to discover the original idea behind the other thread was based on fake study guides from some online textbook organization. It then somehow turned into a nest for those who wanted to vent their disappointment in failing the NHE exam. I'm a professor, so I know a lot about this type of behavior.

I forgot to ask my question. I'm still asleep due to daylight savings.

How long have you been working with them and how did you get hired? By that, I mean, what did you have to do to get the job?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleL View Post
    I forgot to ask my question. I'm still asleep due to daylight savings.

How long have you been working with them and how did you get hired? By that, I mean, what did you have to do to get the job?
    It was a pretty thorough process, from the beginning. They make everyone take their master trainer exam. I wasn't sure why I needed to take it because I have a postgraduate degree. I later understood the reasoning and took the exam last month. So, once you pass that stage, then you have to fill out a career form. They then take all of that and make a decision. I got a response rather quickly, but I don't know if that is typical for everyone.

I really appreciate the feedback. I wasn't sure I needed to take their exam either because I have a masters degree in clinical nutrition, but if that's their policy for everyone, than I am o.k. with that.

After you passed the exam, how did you eventually get hired? I apologize for all of the questions regarding their recruitment procedure. I have read, and understood, the information posted on their website, but wanted to talk to some people on the ground, as a follow up. I'm not one of those who thinks they are out to make me buy a study guide. That wouldn't make any sense because why would they think someone with my background would need one? Plus, the director I am working with has never mentioned their study guide during the two phone conversations I've had with him concerning the exam process. So far, I have seen some very good ideas coming out of this organization and I thought I could play some role in their development. I prefer newer companies over more established ones. The older ones are more set in their ways and are more resistant toward fresh ideas.

I got a call from a lady in their human services department and she told me. It was about a week after passing the exam. If you are wondering about the job itself, it's similar to other content writer positions. It's freelance, which as you probably know, means you aren't an NHE employee, so if you do not have medical insurance or dental, than they may be a problem. They pay $500 per piece of work you submit and one piece could take a few days to compile, depending on how much time you dedicate per day. I got a three year contract, but another person I know was only offered a one year contract.

That correlates with the information I've received. I have scheduled the exam for the second of April, just in case I decide to get a study guide. I may just use my own books, because I have so many of them. Although having a guide that directly correlates seems easier than rummaging through my old books and notes. From what I understand, the study guide is not a requirement, is that correct? Did you have to buy one?

Yes, i did and no it was not required. I decided to, not only for studying, but I thought it would help me better understand the organization better.

The people who fail the exam and then turn around and call NHE a fraud are despicable.

Going around and calling NHE a scam, after they were denied employment for failing the exam, is like calling an ex- girlfriend a slut just because she decided to break it off. It's very childish and unfortunately there are a lot of childish personal trainers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyK View Post
    Yes, i did and no it was not required. I decided to, not only for studying, but I thought it would help me better understand the organization better.

The people who fail the exam and then turn around and call NHE a fraud are despicable.

Going around and calling NHE a scam, after they were denied employment for failing the exam, is like calling an ex- girlfriend a slut just because she decided to break it off. It's very childish and unfortunately there are a lot of childish personal trainers out there.

The more I learn about the personal fitness industry, the more I understand and appreciate the need for NHE to require testing of all of it's job candidates and again, I do not have a problem with that. The fact that many people fail it, is o.k. too. Nearly half of those who take the bar exam fail, and these are people with advanced law degrees. The caliber of their program is partly why I'm interested.

In terms of the actual work load, is there enough to sustain you are are you just working on a part time basis? I think I read somewhere on this site that you were a practicing chiropractor?

I have just finished taking the exam, and it was everything I've heard it would be. There was some organic chemistry that I basically blew off and some other sections that made no sense to me whatsoever. I don't think I passed, but it was a very good exam. I don't see how anyone with very little education could pass it. I was taking the exam as part of a requirement for my gym, but I now think I will have to reschedule it.

I really want this certification. Tips anyone?

You should retake it, basilver.

Which gym requires an NHE certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by PattyK View Post
    You should retake it, basilver.

Which gym requires an NHE certificate?
    Have you heard of a gym called Fitness Together?

They have a deal with NHE that let's the trainers get certfied on a group rate. The gym pays for everything and we don't have to. I've heard of people being NHE certified but it has always been out of my price range until now. I will retake it next week I'm sure I'll do better teh second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilver View Post
    Have you heard of a gym called Fitness Together?

They have a deal with NHE that let's the trainers get certfied on a group rate. The gym pays for everything and we don't have to. I've heard of people being NHE certified but it has always been out of my price range until now. I will retake it next week I'm sure I'll do better teh second time.
    I've heard of Fitness Together. They are a franchise gym. There are a lot of them all over the country. I think the program you are referring to is called the Verified Location Program.

As far as your exam tip... don't try to look up answers online (I'm not accusing you of cheating), I'm just saying that looking up answers could take up too much time and you won't have time to finish the exam.

Our exams are proctored, so cheating is not an option for us.

The study guides are packed with infomation and I just think I need to study more. I didn't really study it the first time.

Thanks for your help.

Later!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilver View Post
    Our exams are proctored, so cheating is not an option for us.

The study guides are packed with infomation and I just think I need to study more. I didn't really study it the first time.

Thanks for your help.

Later!
    I'm applying for a job at NHE and wondered about the exam. What was hard about it?

I've been on a dozen different sites and most everyone agrees that I should prepare for the NHE exam because it is pretty tough. I've also heard that NHE is not very well known in the fitness industry, is that true? Had you heard of them before your gym sponsored them?