+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

securus final expense insurance

anyone know if they are a reputable company.... any input would be appreciate.... thanks

Re: securus final expense insurance

Quote Originally Posted by gregfla View Post
    anyone know if they are a reputable company.... any input would be appreciate.... thanks
    Don't bother with companys like Securus. Go with a final expense company that has a track record of paying claims. Check out Old American, Columbian and Lincoln Heritage. Never had a problem with any of em. Hope it helps. God Bless.

Securus is not an insurance company, they are a brokerage and only deal with top rated insurance companies such as Monumental. They have many agents in all parts of the country that can help you.

Well, there are many final expense insurance companies that offer such insurance, here are few of them :

Blue Cross Final Expense Insurance
    And, United Heritage Life Insurance
    Insure America Life Insurance

Securus is not an insurance company, they are a broker and only deal with leading insurance companies considered Monumental. They have many agents in all regions of the country that can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by New Blood View Post
    Don't bother with companys like Securus. Go with a final expense company that has a track record of paying claims. Check out Old American, Columbian and Lincoln Heritage. Never had a problem with any of em. Hope it helps. God Bless.
    With all due respect, You know nothing about Securus and even less about the Final Expense business. As an agency our responsibility is to market Insurance products to the Seniors across America. As a marketer we have no responsibility to pay claims. This is the carriers responsibility. I find it difficult to believe that anyone with an Insurance license does not know this. Sell your products to seniors who need your services and do not bash others who try and do the same as it is a calssless and shameful way for you to conduct your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D View Post
    With all due respect, You know nothing about Securus and even less about the Final Expense business. As an agency our responsibility is to market Insurance products to the Seniors across America. As a marketer we have no responsibility to pay claims. This is the carriers responsibility. I find it difficult to believe that anyone with an Insurance license does not know this. Sell your products to seniors who need your services and do not bash others who try and do the same as it is a calssless and shameful way for you to conduct your business.
    Hey Larry,

IF you have a license, and "market", you are the 'face' of the company. To represent a company that pays claims, accordingly, equates to good business. It may be the carrier's responsibility, but no one, except maybe you, wants to represent shit. Assisting the client to get paid is just as much a part of the business, as "marketing". If your agency is targeting seniors, you should want service to be a large part of the picture.

Settle down, we'll bash anything and everything that doesn't meet that standard, including you and your agency, with no respect.

Carry on New Blood. Looks like you hit him where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by USVision View Post
    Hey Larry,

IF you have a license, and "market", you are the 'face' of the company. To represent a company that pays claims, accordingly, equates to good business. It may be the carrier's responsibility, but no one, except maybe you, wants to represent shit. Assisting the client to get paid is just as much a part of the business, as "marketing". If your agency is targeting seniors, you should want service to be a large part of the picture.

Settle down, we'll bash anything and everything that doesn't meet that standard, including you and your agency, with no respect.

Usvision- Your a class act. Love the foul language and the comments. I guess you are simply another person who hides behind a computer monitor who is ashamed at identifying himself for the fear that he may be with a competitor and has a hidden agenda. This is America and competition is a good thing for every client and our industry.

I am not sure what you are trying to insinuate. Are you saying that the IMO actually pays claims or the carrier? I can assure you our carriers pay claims. In fact our lead carrier is Monumental Life which is an A+ rated carrier with over a 150 year history of doing so. We also represent a myriad of other carriers as well.

Lastly, despite your comment, our company (Securus) and it's sister organizations has almost s thirty year track record of building highly succesful lead programs in Final Expense and Mortgage Protection. In fact, our President & CEO has produced over 500 applications per year for over a nine year period and personally produced in excess of $1,000,000 in annualized premium for more than half of those years! Maybe you should learn a bit about other organizations with a track record before you bash them and stop hiding behind your computer and come out in the open. You know who I am who are you?

Larry Dickstein
    Chief Operating Officer
    Securus, LLC
    450 Raritan Center Parkway
    Suite i
    Edison, NJ 08837
    www.securusfinalexpense.com

Dickstein, stay calm. Shouldn't you be busy operating your IMO, chief? It seems you're a little offended, that your condesending, authority has not straightened up the discussion here.

Once again, we'll clarify it for you. An IMO recruits independant agents to sell for it's companies. It may not have the responsibility to assist claims, however, it should consider claims to be apart of the service, it expects it's agents to provide. The IMO does not pay claims, nor is that implied. The target market of your organization is seniors, by your own admission, and these people should be assisted in every way possible.
    Good to know your group has A rated carriers, which you should expect to pay on claims. Thus your indignation should be not justified, however, your comment of finding it difficult to believe that a licensed agent should only sell, and not serve, reflects a leader who should not be emulated. It will ultimately define the misguided mission of your organization poorly.

BTW, what exit?

You can contact me at 1-800-great agent.

Dickstein, stay calm. Shouldn't you be busy operating your IMO, chief? It seems you're a little offended, that your condesending, authority has not straightened up the discussion here.

Once again, we'll clarify it for you. An IMO recruits independant agents to sell for it's companies. It may not have the responsibility to assist claims, however, it should consider claims to be apart of the service, it expects it's agents to provide. The IMO does not pay claims, nor is that implied. The target market of your organization is seniors, by your own admission, and these people should be assisted in every way possible.
    Good to know your group has A rated carriers, which you should expect to pay on claims. Thus your indignation should be not justified, however, your comment of finding it difficult to believe that a licensed agent should only sell, and not serve, reflects a leader who should not be emulated. It will ultimately define the misguided mission of your organization poorly.

BTW, what exit?

You can contact me at 1-800-great agent.
    Nothing left to say, I wish you well. Unidentified agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D View Post
    Nothing left to say, I wish you well. Unidentified agent.
    Thanks for sparring with me, Dickstein. Enjoyed it. Just remember, the industry is on the brink of major lockdown, and the more we teach young agents the importance of their client relationships, which we know is service, constant contact, communication, good introductions, great companies, the better we are. Compliance and suitability is not the end all, and does not substitute for concerned agents who fulfill the 'agent' responsibilty of representing the client/prospect to the carrier, and representing the carrier to the client/prospect.
    The agents in my organization understand this, and my people support them in that effort. The single minded quest for money, can obscure and obstruct integrity and the quality of a profession that, while it once enjoyed great respect, now at times, is equated with 'car sales'. We need and want our industry to step up and nuture these young people to run their practice in a way that stands out, and yes, provides service that goes the extra mile.
    So even as your IMO pushes it's machine, and is started by and for agents, remember it's not just agents who should be served. Giving them leads, and setting them loose, doesn't bring them to the values that seem, at times, to be slipping away.

Hopefully we agree on that. Let's have a cup of coffee and talk about it sometime. I'll call your receptionist one day, and tell her it's USVision, unidentified great agent, and we'll set it up.
    Last edited by USVision; 06-23-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Hey Larry,

These Bankers Life agents who were let go for lack of production crack me up. Thanks for having my back USV ! Haven't had as much time lately to go online. Closing deals and making birdies is time consuming to say the least. Remember ...... our business needs dooche bags like this, on a very SMALL scale. Without them, there is simply nobody to compare us against. If everyone in the business was like US, it would mean NOTHING. God Bless friend. Keep up the good work over at the SCAM OFFICE. The Banktanic is sinking ....... FINALLY.

With all due respect to all concerned with this post, this is Final Expense insurance we're talking about, which is a death benefit. Death benefits are heavily regulated by both Federal and State law and all claims MUST be paid within 48 hours of receipt of a death certificate by the insurance company that has underwritten the policy. The only customer service act provided by an IMO in this instance is for the agent to provide the policy holder with the insurance company's claim office phone number and inform them that they will have to provide the insurance company with a copy of the death certificate.

I've never heard of ANYONE ever having trouble with a death benefit claim because it is such a strict governmental requirement to payout such claims within 48 hours. I'm sorry, but I don't understand the first person's response about "dealing with a company who pays out claims". Broker or not, paying claims is never a problem for life insurance policies. Maybe that person was thinking of other types of insurance, in which a broker might be the salesperson?

Either way, in my experience, brokers (IMO) usually end up saving customers a lot of time and money because they are contracted with 100+ insurance companies and can often offer their customer the best policy at the absolute lowest price for the amount they need because they've already had the opportunity to compare prices for them. They also can act upon their customers' behalf in finding them the best price no matter what insurance company they decide to go with. Whereas an agent who works directly for a life insurance company, often times knowingly, is forced to try to sell their customer whatever policy that their company offers even though it may not be the best price.

Lastly, the top 3 ranked IMO's are the NAA, Securus American, and Howe Insurance Services (H.I.S.). It has been recommended, especially for new agents just starting out, to work for one of these 3 companies because since they are Insurance Marketing Offices they will be able to provide their agents with reliable leads for their potential customers. I've read that most life insurance companies do not provide these marketing services so the agent is left to find their own customers by either using direct mailers or just knocking on doors. But, this is just what I've read and I don't know if this is true for sure. I hope my 2 cents has helped the person who originally posted this question.

There are thousands of unsuspecting people who end up falling victim to health insurance scams each year. Unauthorized insurers are ready to sell you health insurance with a low-cost premium and most people would never think that there are fake insurance companies out there waiting to steal your money. With so many companies offering health insurance, how does one decipher which ones are scams? The current trend of scams is on the rise due to the large number of uninsured individuals compared to the rising cost of prescription drugs. Simply put, people are looking for the best deal. There are ways to keep yourself safe from these con artists and still pay a reasonable premium.

Does a health insurance company seem to be offering a policy that is too good to be true? It could be. Victims of health insurance scams are usually those who go shopping around and find a great deal (and then find that in an emergency they are without insurance). There are no clear indicators of fraud unless you know what particular red flags to listen for during their sales pitch of their particular policy.

Con-artists are professionals at what they do because it's often how they make their entire living. They will have paperwork that looks identical to a real insurer and uphold everything that seems to be that of a genuine and legitimate agent. First, common scams include loopholes that make sure what they are selling is not actually insurance. This would mean it is a discount program of some sort. These scams may reach you by telephone, offering a discount to individuals who, for any reason, do not qualify for real insurance. Also be wary if an agent mentions their plan being "reinsured." It is true that some legitimate insurance companies do have reinsurance to protect themselves, but it is never mentioned when trying to sell insurance to a customer.

Health insurance scams are not easily spotted-liars may be trying to take advantage of your ignorance. Therefore, it is important to know all you can about health insurance before purchasing a plan. If someone calls your home and tries to sell you a form of health care or health insurance, take what knowledge you have and ask as many questions as you can think of. Any indication that this may be a fake insurer should be taken to the state insurance regulators for investigation. You could be saving yourself and others from being a victim.

Please REGISTER AT SCAM.COM and join our community !

Thanks, Advice, for your input. However, with the new Affordable Care Act and government website, I don't believe heath insurance scams will be much of an issue anymore for most people.

But more importantly, the original poster was asking about Securus American (who deals in final expense insurance, retirement, and asset protection) and whether or not they are a reputable company. They, indeed, are a reputable company to deal with. They are just an life insurance broker rather than a life insurance carrier but they are brokered with the most highly credible and recommended life insurance carriers according to A.M.Best, Moody's, and Standard & Poor's Index.

I am new on this board. I have been searching and collecting information on agencies that sell final expense policies. I have been selling life insurance for many years, any recommendations on best company to work for since I am in California.
    I checked out Howes Insurance group, Umamoto & Associates (Agents for agents), Merrell Insurance group, Senior Solutions (Chicago), now checking Serucus.
    Glassdoor is a good place to check on a company from employee, former employee's standpoints.
    So many companies had such bad reviews! Sigh
    Are there any good message boards specifically for insurance agents?
    I am great selling on phone, I am licensed in most States but I do not mind visiting homes with good leads.
    Know any companies that provide health insurance?
    Thanks for any guidance!