+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car buyer scam

Car buyer scam

Not really sure what's in it for them, but a rash of scam e-mails are going out to people trying to sell used cars, along with other merchandise on various different sites. You want to believe because they mention a chruch, that does happen to be real, but the church confirms this is not legit. Be wary of the following reply e-mail form. It has been used several times recently including to myself this week.

Thanks for your response.

I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client Pastor Justice Huse and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction but he needs a full assurance about the condition of the Vehicle regarding to the engine of the vehicle.

He went further to tell me that this Purchase of your vehicle is being sponsored by the church committee members of the Church Of God Mission inc. Box 144, Station D Etobicoke, Ontario M9A 4X1 Canada on behalf of him and his wife Mrs. Carolyn Huse as a gift for commemoration of their golden Priestly Ordination that will be coming up on the 2nd of next month.

Already, a cashier's check of ($22,000) has been mapped by the church committee members that is sponsoring this purchase which will now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your vehicle, tax, shipping charges and pickup of the vehicle from it location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements.

I have therefore been mandated by my client to forward your payment information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name and address.

Please note,

My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a Christian organization in support of his celebration on his Priestly Ordination. He also told me that he will be traveling to London in few days for an important Evangelical conference and he hope to see the vehicle parked in there garage as soon he is back from the trip in next 12 days.
    PLS NOTE;

When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your Property which is (14,000) and send down the remaining balance of ($8,000) to the agent (shipper) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges.
    After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of the property & signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my client and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. So you donít have to border yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.

Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service in less than 8 working days.
    Please provide the following:
    1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
    2. CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
    3.PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................
    I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed and update you on payment confirmation from the church committee.
    Thanks And God Bless,
    94 St Mary's Mansions
    Maida Avenue Little Venice
    W2 Isy England. +447024061727
    Below is my client information for title paper
    Name: Justice Huse
    Address: 75 Queensway Simcoe,Ontario, Canada N3Y 4m6

Regards,
    Mercy
    E-mail address is currently:
    m_huse24@yahoo.com

Re: Car buyer scam - I GOT IT TOO

:mad: Hi Greg,
    I have an auto ad listed in the local Bargain News and I received this email and a couple return emails in fact, just as you did enquiring about my truck.
    WHO DO I REPORT THIS TO?
    any tips?
    thanks,
    Stacy

Car buyer scam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really sure what's in it for them, but a rash of scam e-mails are going out to people trying to sell used cars, along with other merchandise on various different sites. You want to believe because they mention a chruch, that does happen to be real, but the church confirms this is not legit. Be wary of the following reply e-mail form. It has been used several times recently including to myself this week.

Quote:

Thanks for your response.

I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client Pastor Justice Huse and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction but he needs a full assurance about the condition of the Vehicle regarding to the engine of the vehicle.

He went further to tell me that this Purchase of your vehicle is being sponsored by the church committee members of the Church Of God Mission inc. Box 144, Station D Etobicoke, Ontario M9A 4X1 Canada on behalf of him and his wife Mrs. Carolyn Huse as a gift for commemoration of their golden Priestly Ordination that will be coming up on the 2nd of next month.

Already, a cashier's check of ($22,000) has been mapped by the church committee members that is sponsoring this purchase which will now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your vehicle, tax, shipping charges and pickup of the vehicle from it location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements.

I have therefore been mandated by my client to forward your payment information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name and address.

Please note,

My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a Christian organization in support of his celebration on his Priestly Ordination. He also told me that he will be traveling to London in few days for an important Evangelical conference and he hope to see the vehicle parked in there garage as soon he is back from the trip in next 12 days.
    PLS NOTE;

When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your Property which is (14,000) and send down the remaining balance of ($8,000) to the agent (shipper) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges.
    After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of the property & signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my client and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. So you donít have to border yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.

Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service in less than 8 working days.
    2. CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
    I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed and update you on payment confirmation from the church committee.
    Thanks And God Bless,
    94 St Mary's Mansions
    W2 Isy England. +447024061727
    Below is my client information for title paper
    Name: Justice Huse
    Address: 75 Queensway Simcoe,Ontario, Canada N3Y 4m6

Regards,
    Mercy

E-mail address is currently:
    m_huse24@yahoo.com

3. 07-08-2006, 02:48 AM

Reason
    using my email

Re: Car buyer scam

Wow, this is unbelievable!! I received the same email (with the exception of the name of the person sending it to meÖhis name was Michael Cole and his client was Kenneth Mike). I canít figure out what they hope to gain from this scam. I wasnít asked for anything that you couldnít find in the phone book so it seems to be more of an annoyance than anything. Guess I can go ahead and make this monthís car payment :( Like Stacy, I'd like to know who, if anyone, this can be reported to.

--Vickie

I had my car listed on autotrader.com and got the same email (except people's names and country names were changed). I was suspicious but couldn't figure out what someone would gain from this, so I assumed it was legit and proceeded with the transaction. I just received a cashier's check for $17,000 ($10,000 for vehicle and $7,000 for shipping that I am supposed to refund via wire to them). My guess is that the cashier's check is fake and by the time the bank finds out, you have already wired the buyer $7000 and they have picked up your car. So not only do you not get paid for you car, you also lose the thousands of dollars you wire to them.

Same message here folks. Posting info for benefit of others.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 6:26 PM
    To: Jay
    Subject: reply fast with your information

Hello ,
    Thanks for your response. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my client Pastor Anthony Adams and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction.
    He went further to tell me that this transaction is being sponsored by the church committee members of the christ Church Mission inc. Box 144, Station D Etobicoke, on M9A 4X1 Canada on behalf of him and his wife Mrs Carolyn Adams in commemoration of their golden jubilee anniversary celebrations.
    Already, a cashier's check of ($25,000) has been mapped by the church committee members which now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your car, tax ,pickup of the car from it location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements.
    I have therefore been mandated by my client to forward your payment information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name.
    Please note.
    My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a christain organisation in support of his celebration on his golden jubilee.
    He also told me that he will be traveling to the POLAND today for an important Evangelical conffrence.
    when you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your car which is ($19,400) and send the remaining balance of ($5,600) to the agent ( shipper) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my client and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. so you dont have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.
    Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.
    2.CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
    I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed.
    Thanks And God Bless,
    Mr: Fred
    94 St Mary's Mansions
    W2 Isy England. +447024080017

I have recieved the exact same email. And I just recieved the $20,000 dollar check in the mail. It came w/o return address and standard mail. You would think that if you were going to send that large sum of money you damn straight would put a return address and send it registered or insured... I'm going to cash the check and sit on the money to ensure that the funds are legit. Give my bank time to verify legitity of the funds before proceeding on this very sckeptical transaction... Its funny I forwarded the seller this thread and he just dismissed it by sending me an email back if I want to sell the car or not...

This is the letter I got! What's the deal? I obviously think the same as the other people that posted a response. The check must be bad. Anyone have any updates? What a crock of S**T. Who would buy a car sight unseen and just ship it out of the country without so much as a phone call??? Thank God for threads like this for the vulnerable to be protected!

thanks!!

Hello,
    I have just spoken with my client, I am delighted to tell you that he has recommended your car and hope to pay $34,800 he has instructed me to carry on with this transaction and he also instructed me to inform you that payment will get to you in a Cashier check of $43,000 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by my client. Due to company policy this cashier check has to be made out in this amount to you, because company policy only allows a refund payment on one cashier check. So you are required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ($34,800) when payment gets to you and refund $8,200 balance to the shipper for him to be able to offset shipping and other tax charges. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up & signing of papers and take to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my customer, Confirm this and forward youíre Legal Name, Address and Phone number for payment to be made to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks And God Bless.
    Here is my client's Informationís that will be used on
    the Title:
    Name: Bob Jose
    94 St Mary's Mansions
    W2 Isy England
    +447024099335

Leo Gary
    34 dryas Limestone Slope
    Seward Peninsula,
    Alaska USA
    Last edited by andrew Fidelman; 11-10-2006 at 02:03 AM.

I just rcd. the same email with names changed also. Make me very skeptical with all of the strange details which promted me to do some searching and find this. I'm so glad to find this!! I would just like to know the result from others that this happened to awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by greatgonzer
    I have recieved the exact same email. And I just recieved the $20,000 dollar check in the mail. It came w/o return address and standard mail. You would think that if you were going to send that large sum of money you damn straight would put a return address and send it registered or insured... I'm going to cash the check and sit on the money to ensure that the funds are legit. Give my bank time to verify legitity of the funds before proceeding on this very sckeptical transaction... Its funny I forwarded the seller this thread and he just dismissed it by sending me an email back if I want to sell the car or not...
    Hello GreatGonanzor, My name is Rhian, and my friend who is currently selling her jeep, has recieved a simular email. She has called the bank and they have informed her that should we recieve a bankers draft (as advised payment by the possible scam company) once cleared the money can not be removed from her account. Can you please help us by telling us what happened to the funds that you put into your account after receiving the cheque from the (possible scam) company? We very much look forward to your response. Rhian x

This is a scam. The check you'll receive is bogus. Do not attempt to cash this check.

The bank may not recognized it as being fake. Allow a month to clear.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Hello all,
    This guy appears to not only be persistent with his scam but also lazy this text wasnt even typed but copied and pasted into place (shows as "quoted text" and is different font and type set than original inquiry message)
    Email and different along with names used but is the same format and scam.
    Here is the scam as it came to me from a craigslist ad:

Thanks for your response. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my brother (client)
    Pastor David Brain and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction.
    He went further to tell me that this transaction is being sponsored by the church committee
    members of the Light Of God Mission inc. Box 144, Station D Etobicoke, on M9A 4X1 Canada on
    behalf of him and his wife Mrs Carolyn Brain in commemoration of their Welcome to the new
    district Headquarters,the celebrations will commence with the presentation of the vehicle
    to the family.
    Already, a certified cashier's check of ($13,000usd) has been mapped by the church committee
    members which now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your car, tax ,pickup of
    the car from it location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements.
    I have therefore been mandated by my brother (client) to forward your payment information
    to the church for them to make out this payment in your name.
    Please note.
    My brother(client) explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount
    is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a
    Christan organisation in support of his celebration on his golden jubilee.
    He also told me that he will be travelling to the POLAND today for an important Evangelical
    conference.
    when you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your car which is
    ($8,700usd) and send the remaining balance of ($4,300usd) to the agent ( shipper)
    for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges. After payment has reached you and balance
    sent to shipper,
    the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers)
    and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my brother(client) and also conclude other
    necessary shipping arrangements. so you don't have to bother yourself about the pick up and
    shipping arrangements.
    Please confirm the above details and provide your payment information for your payment
    to be delivered to you via courier service as soon as posible.
    2.CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
    I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed.
    Thanks And God Bless,
    Dondavid
    96 waterloo Rd south port
    Meyer-side PR'S 3Ay.
    Montreal canada

soo errr any of you's wanna sale me a s.u.v ? im looking maybe a Saturn Relay
    or something of that make ? :cool:

Got the same thing, I'm going to play around with the idiot a bit.. get his real IP address (coming from a Yahoo account) and see where he's really coming from. This kinda thing is too funny, and it's amazing that anybody would fall for it.

Since when did god support cars? Who needs cars when they can fly.

Autotrader and these others have too much traffic to run these scams down. Of course they are ALL scams, but as cheap as e-mail is, how often does one have to work to be profitable?

I like the idea above of finding the IP and the location of these maggots. Then lighting the building on fire and shooting them as they run out. Just a thought.