+ Reply to Thread

beware of jeep Wranger sale by Army rep

So i see this yellow 2004 jeep wranger being sold at a dirt bottom price, almost too good to be true. The thing that got me biting a bit was using google check out,, thought this must be ligit right? not,,
    the ploy is a army rep over in europe being deployed and needing to sell asap,, wasnt until i went on line and found similar ad and posts that i realized I had almost been scammed,, thank god,, I read and looked before i leaped:judges:

Re: beware of jeep Wranger sale by Army rep

don't try to buy a used car you cannot test drive.

don't send western union or moneygram to any stranger.

in this case, the scammer was going to have you send cash by western union to the google check out agent. the scammer has no car for sale, but he will trick somebody into sending cash , anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    don't try to buy a used car you cannot test drive.

don't send western union or moneygram to any stranger.

in this case, the scammer was going to have you send cash by western union to the google check out agent. the scammer has no car for sale, but he will trick somebody into sending cash , anyway.
    You were very lucky I have just been scammed out of $5800AUD for simular scheme here in Australia.

Monay sent throught Western Union to the UK, car is to be delivered in 3 days.

Website was: aussiemotortraders.com

On further investigation seems to be contected to bankrupt US company Auto Depot and one Melisa Donato!

Sorry to read that you lost money to a fake car seller but happy that you found Scam.com to post your story.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out". Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenin Z View Post
    Monay sent throught Western Union to the UK, car is to be delivered in 3 days.
    For future reference, Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of cheap low mileage vehicles, great places to rent, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Also, any phone number that starts with +44-70 or anything similar is not based in the United Kingdom. It is from a UK based cell phone redirect service that can be answered by anyone anywhere in the world. It is a favorite service of scammers who want to pretend to be in the United Kingdom but are really half way around the world from there.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Re: beware of jeep Wranger sale ** Army rep

I'm sorry to hear that also. I've learned that lesson too many times already.

Re: beware of jeep Wranger sale ** Army rep

Can those scamsters be brought to books? I mean -- Is there a way of nailing those turkeys who hoodwink people?