+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: The Left Shows Us Who They Are

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    That's a very good sign. You can at least use Grim as a sanity barometer. If he starts to agree with anything you post, better put away any sharp objects, handcuff yourself to something immobile and get on the phone to beg the nearest mental asylum to rush over, sling a net over you and take you away.
    LOL :D ;)

Lady Mod

I remember when the story about haditha first broke and Murtha was being interviewed about the incident, and I do recall him saying that he was in contact with people close to the investigation and what they were finding was that indeed American Soldiers did infact kill innocent civilians without provocation. I dont think he just made an assumption about the guilt or innocense of these men. Haditha, that new story about American soldiers raping a women then killing her and her family seems all too fantastic to be true. But denying it happend, or burrying the story is a sure fire way for this kind of behavior to continue. Yes you can continue to blame the individual soldier, but how would you react to being in a country where most of the people hate you and try to kill you on an almost daily basis, even the ones that call themselves your ally. These guys are under extreme preasure every day, this kind of stuff is bound to happen. If you want to blame someone, blame the person who put them in that position in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by flipus
    If you want to blame someone, blame the person who put them in that position in the first place.
    That would be Bush.

LM

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    That would be Bush.

LM
    And that would be a demonstration of why democrats lost control of the White House, majority control of the Senate, the Congress, state Governorships and state houses.

All you lefty libs do is blame Bush, when you should be instead offering solutions to the American people. The thing that is really pathetic about your mantra, is you all have become so vested in this "blame Bush" strategy, that you have lost all touch with whats true, whats false, whats right and whats wrong...

Your statement blaming Bush for the U.S. being in Iraq, and not acknowledging that the decision was endorsed by the majority of congress, the majority of the Senate and the majority of the American people, demonstrates both the hatred that consumes all of you, as well as the misleading and dishonest methods you willingly resort to on a daily basis to preach such hate.

For your sake and the sake of the country, I hope you one day figure out that all you are doing is destroying yourself, as well as the future of America with this negative obsession of yours. For politics sake, I couldn't ask for anything better. As long as the left keeps going in this direction, Republicans have got it made at election time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    And that would be a demonstration of why democrats lost control of the White House, majority control of the Senate, the Congress, state Governorships and state houses.

All you lefty libs do is blame Bush, when you should be instead offering solutions to the American people. The thing that is really pathetic about your mantra, is you all have become so vested in this "blame Bush" strategy, that you have lost all touch with whats true, whats false, whats right and whats wrong...

Your statement blaming Bush for the U.S. being in Iraq, and not acknowledging that the decision was endorsed by the majority of congress, the majority of the Senate and the majority of the American people, demonstrates both the hatred that consumes all of you, as well as the misleading and dishonest methods you willingly resort to on a daily basis to preach such hate.

For your sake and the sake of the country, I hope you one day figure out that all you are doing is destroying yourself, as well as the future of America with this negative obsession of yours. For politics sake, I couldn't ask for anything better. As long as the left keeps going in this direction, Republicans have got it made at election time.

Geez, for the sake of the entire country I do hope that someday soon people such as yourself are banished from American society. Zealots such as yourself are a plague on humanity Grim.

Bush heads the country, he is "Commander in Chief" and he is the one the blame belongs. That's how it works cupcake. That doesn't excuse this sickly congress which lacks backbone, but the one in charge is the one to blame.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Geez, for the sake of the entire country I do hope that someday soon people such as yourself are banished from American society. Zealots such as yourself are a plague on humanity Grim.
    So lady mod, "banishing" is your special liberal solution for dealing with those who don't agree with your ideology... Hummmm, that sounds a lot like the solution Hitler had in mind for the Jews in Nazi Germany during WWII. Hitler was of course, a "progressive" thinker, like so many on the left in the U.S. claim to be today, and we all know how rapidly Hitlers solution progressed into genocide... Don't we?

Grim,

You should be ashamed of yourself. Lady Moderator has said she supports the troops, in a way that sadly, I for one am not doing. :o

Instead, you nit pick, what you respond to. You never address the obvious. You say Lady Mod is not supporting the troops, and she counters you. What do you do?. Nothing. You do not apologize, you go on and on, about something else. Why not just back off? You are just plain wrong.

I was going to take you to task, about criticize Lady Moderator, due to the fact she has a family member in Iraq, but she took care of that. Granted, Lady Mod. does not need my help, but you Grim, you are disgrace. :( You need to just stop, Grim, you do not have a leg to stand on. Unfortunately, Lady Moderator, and possibly others on this board have a real stake in Iraq and Afghanistan.

DeeDee1965 :cool:

1) What terrorist organizations does the United States give money to? The countries of Israel and Pakistan are not terrorist countries. Their governments do not endorse, support, or tolerate terrorism. Your last statement made absolutely no sense at all, so I wont even address it.

2) Every investigation to date has determined that any rogue actions that have been taken by members of our military, have been of their own accord, and not because they were ordered to do so. That is why every time the press has exposed incorrect actions of any of our soldiers, the military was already investigating before they caught wind of it. Abu Grabe is a perfect example. The military had started an investigation on that incident 3 months before it was ever publicized. If such actions were the policy of our country, there would be no investigations, no trials, and no convictions of the soldiers involved.

I suspect you already know all of these things, but the truth wont fit with, and can really put a damper on, the spreading of your Bush hatred.
    So Israel isn't involved in any terrorist acts? thats news I've read many people post otherwise. And someone else posted that pakistan funded the dudes that flew into the towers. Not terrorist countrys?

FYI I suported Bush 100% when he first became president, so don't tell me I hate Bush, numbnuts. Im questioning Bush and Cheneys actions. After too many years of fumbling around in BS, Im learning the truth. Maybe if you werren't too busy yanking your pud while looking at Bush photos you would see reality

Hitler was of course, a "progressive" thinker
    If that statement was'nt so ridiculous it would be funny. Hitler was many things, but hardly a progressive. I can only think of one example, when he came to power he got rid of all the union/labor parties.
    Geez, for the sake of the entire country I do hope that someday soon people such as yourself are banished from American society.
    I guess it didnt occur to you that maybe ladymod meant it figuretivly and not literaly? But your jump in logic to compare it to what Hitler did was kinda amusing. And for the record, Hitler's final solution was not to banish the jews out of Europe, it was the extermination of the whole population. I mean do I really have to be saying this? I thought that was one thing about Hitler everyone understood.. Well anyone that isnt a raging anti-simite/homophobe/white supremisist/gypsy hater. :confused: It would be easier to say hater of difference, I suppose. :D

Quote Originally Posted by flipus
    If that statement was'nt so ridiculous it would be funny. Hitler was many things, but hardly a progressive. I can only think of one example, when he came to power he got rid of all the union/labor parties.
    I guess it didnt occur to you that maybe ladymod meant it figuretivly and not literaly? But your jump in logic to compare it to what Hitler did was kinda amusing. And for the record, Hitler's final solution was not to banish the jews out of Europe, it was the extermination of the whole population. I mean do I really have to be saying this? I thought that was one thing about Hitler everyone understood.. Well anyone that isnt a raging anti-simite/homophobe/white supremisist/gypsy hater. :confused: It would be easier to say hater of difference, I suppose. :D
    Actually, Hitler and the Zionists had symbiotic goals. The Nazis and Zionists both wanted Jews out of Europe. The Zionists saw it as an opportunity to establish a larger Jewish population in Palestine and cooperated fully with the Nazis. Eichman also flew to Palestine to engage in and initiate plans for mass transport and receiving facilites.

Now there are 4 investigations going on. I seriously doubt this is helping the "American" image in the east. Grim (or Bush) has some major Public Relations work ahead of them if this continues to happen.

G.I.'s Investigated in Slayings of 4 and Rape in Iraq
    By EDWARD WONG
    Published: July 1, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq, June 30 — The American military is investigating accusations that soldiers raped an Iraqi woman in her home and killed her and three family members, including a child, American officials said Friday.

The investigation is the fourth into suspected killings of unarmed Iraqis by American soldiers announced by the military in June. In May, it was disclosed that the military was conducting an inquiry into the deaths of 24 civilians in Haditha last November.

The alleged rape and killings took place March 12 in the vicinity of the volatile market town of Mahmudiya, an insurgent stronghold about 20 miles south of Baghdad. The killing of the family was originally reported by the military as due to "insurgent activity," American officials said.

A senior police official in Mahmudiya said in a telephone interview that he received a report of the killings in March. The victims were a woman, her child, her husband and the husband's brother, he said. The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, said a sheik from the family's tribe immediately reported the episode to the police.

The American investigation began June 24, one day after two soldiers "reported alleged coalition force involvement" in the deaths of the Iraqi civilians, the military said in a written statement. A preliminary inquiry conducted after that report determined that there was sufficient evidence to merit a criminal investigation, the military said.

"This is going to be a by-the-numbers, by-the-book investigation," Maj. Todd Breasseale, a military spokesman, said in a telephone interview. He said Maj. Gen. J. D. Thurman, commander of the Fourth Infantry Division, which oversees the capital and areas immediately to the south, ordered an inquiry "the minute he got the news."

The American officials, who spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak publicly about possible criminal proceedings, said the investigation involved five soldiers from the 502nd Infantry Regiment, attached to the Fourth Infantry Division.

A senior American official confirmed several details first reported by The Associated Press on Friday, including that the soldiers were accused of raping the woman, before killing her and three other family members and possibly burning her body. An Army official in Washington also confirmed that the inquiry was focused on soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment, adding, "The allegation is one of rape and murder."

Earlier this month, two soldiers from the same unit were abducted while guarding a traffic control point in the town of Yusufiya and killed by insurgents, and their mutilated bodies were later found along a road booby-trapped with hidden explosives. A third soldier was killed in Yusufiya at the time of the ambush.

The alleged rape and killings came to light after a soldier felt compelled to talk about it in a "counseling-type session," after the discovery of the bodies of his kidnapped colleagues, The Associated Press reported. The soldier who originally disclosed the alleged killings had heard about them but had not taken part in them, The A.P. said.

One soldier has admitted his role and has been arrested; others have had their weapons taken away and are confined to their base in Mahmudiya, American officials said. The soldiers under investigation are apparently from the same platoon as the three killed in Yusufiya.

Both Mahmudiya and Yusufiya are in the so-called Triangle of Death, an extremely dangerous area along the Euphrates River valley that has become a melting pot of insurgents, criminal gangs and lawless tribes. The American military considers the region a crucial strategic approach to Baghdad, with important highways running south to the holy city of Najaf and the oil center of Basra, but has never been able to establish control in the region.

This latest investigation comes at a time of increasing scrutiny over the killings of civilians by American troops in Iraq. In Haditha, marines are accused of executing as many as 24 unarmed civilians after a fellow marine was killed by a roadside bomb. On June 1, as the political furor over Haditha was building, the Iraqi prime minister, Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, lashed out at the American military, saying that violence against Iraqi civilians by American troops was a "regular occurrence."

Major Breasseale said Friday that he did not know when results of the Haditha investigation would be made public.

In June, the Army charged four American soldiers suspected of killing three detainees in Iraq and then threatening another American soldier with death if he reported the shootings.

Two days later, the Marine Corps said it had charged seven marines and one Navy corpsman with murder and kidnapping in the April killing of an Iraqi man in a village on the western outskirts of Baghdad. In that episode, the assailants are accused of planting a Kalashnikov rifle and shovel by the body of the victim to frame him as an insurgent after shooting him in the face four times.

Last Sunday, the military said two members of the Pennsylvania National Guard had been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of an unarmed Iraqi man on Feb. 15.

The announcement of the investigation in Mahmudiya came as the military said Friday that three soldiers had been killed in separate combat incidents. One died Thursday night in a bombing during a foot patrol south of Baghdad. Another was killed in an explosion while on patrol on Thursday night near Balad, north of the capital; that blast also wounded a soldier. The third death occurred Thursday in the northern city of Mosul, when a soldier was killed by small-arms fire.

At least 60 American soldiers died in Iraq in June, a slight decline from 69 in May and 76 in April. Yet, that was almost twice as many as in March, which, at 31, had the second-lowest monthly fatality count of the war. Until the sharp spike in April, American fatalities had been dropping for five straight months. American commanders at the time attributed the decline to a shift by insurgents to concentrating attacks on Iraqi civilians and local security forces, and to the fact that Americans were leaving their bases less often on operations and patrols.

Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, a spokesman for the American command, said he saw no clear reason for the rise in fatalities after March or the small drop in June. "We are not inclined to attribute the rise and fall in numbers to any particular factor," he said. "Coalition forces remain a priority target for terrorists and insurgents, even though we've also seen a steady increase in attacks on civilians and Iraqi security forces as their primary targets."

Deaths of Iraqi civilians dropped in June from previous months, according to a rough estimate by the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count, an independent Web site. At least 840 Iraqi civilians died in June, compared with an all-time high of 1,100 the previous month, according to the site, which counts deaths from news reports. The June toll was about the same as that in February, the month that hundreds of civilians were killed in sectarian bloodletting after the bombing of a sacred Shiite shrine.

Three civilians were killed Friday when a bomb exploded in a minibus in Kirkuk, and an Iraqi soldier died in another bombing in the west of the city, police officials said. Gunmen killed five Iraqi soldiers at a checkpoint south of Kirkuk. At least 21 bodies were found across Iraq, many showing signs of torture. One of them was a boy in Baghdad between the ages of 4 and 6 who had been tortured and shot in the head, an Interior Ministry official said.

The Russian government offered $10 million for information leading to the killers of five Russian Embassy workers here. On Wednesday, President Vladimir V. Putin ordered Russian special services to hunt down and kill those responsible.

In an Internet audio message posted Thursday night, Osama bin Laden praised Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian militant killed in an American airstrike this month. Mr. bin Laden defended the copious bloodshed engineered by Mr. Zarqawi and his group, Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, saying that Mr. Zarqawi "had clear instructions to concentrate his fighting on the occupying invaders" and "make neutral those who wished to be neutral," according to a translation by the SITE Institute, which tracks jihadist Internet postings. Mr. bin Laden vowed that the struggle would continue in Iraq and demanded that the ruler of Jordan, King Abdullah II, allow Mr. Zarqawi to be buried in his hometown of Zarqa, Jordan.

Good one lady mod... I expected you to change the topic long ago when you were first made to look foolish based on your words.

Better late than never I guess.

Good one lady mod... I expected you to change the topic long ago when you were first made to look foolish based on your words.

Better late than never I guess.
    Foolish? LOL, why Grim, I was just trying to spare you from embarrassing yourself any further.

I was taking pity on your sorry self.

Lady Mod