+ Reply to Thread

Youth sports scams

Granada Hills Lacrosse Club. There is a guy here in Ca. using lacrosse to scam money from unsuspecting families. Granada Hills Lacrosse Club

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granad...5885457?v=info

is charging $450.00 per participant but has no games scheduled. Lacrosse is the fasting growing sport in America and this guy is trying to cash in. The San Fernando Valley Lacrosse League, posted on his site does not exist. He claims to be a non profit 501c but there is no record of filing, no board members and not even a phone number.

He had 100 or so kids try out, thats $45,000. What can be done?

Re: Youth sports scams

Quote Originally Posted by wihuart View Post
    Granada Hills Lacrosse Club. There is a guy here in Ca. using lacrosse to scam money from unsuspecting families. Granada Hills Lacrosse Club

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granad...5885457?v=info

is charging $450.00 per participant but has no games scheduled. Lacrosse is the fasting growing sport in America and this guy is trying to cash in. The San Fernando Valley Lacrosse League, posted on his site does not exist. He claims to be a non profit 501c but there is no record of filing, no board members and not even a phone number.

He had 100 or so kids try out, thats $45,000. What can be done?
    Sir, you are a flat out liar. The Granada Hills Lacrosse club is amazing. Last year we had a season full of games and a summer league program. It was an excellent learning experience and a lot of fun. I would know because I play on the team! I'm willing to bet that you're just a butt-hurt parent that had an issue with the team. SO how bout you stop your lies about this great program and get a life!!!!

:zx11pissed: Dont know what planet you r from, but I was on that team and left in disgust along with most of my friends. Did you forget that the teams lost evry game. You must be the coaches brother, dont even go to this school. I heard ?coach? hasnt won a game in 3 years.
    The first dudes post was way more truthful than yours. My gf signed up for the girls team this year even tho I told her it'd be stupid, They dont have any games xcept a game with middle school team in April. Now she cant get her money back. Brent is douche.

Worst thing is that guy is the Vice President of US Lacrosse.

I am a coach of young travelers' basketball. We recently signed a tournament, and as usual, was paying for the tournament fee at the entrance.

Actually I do go to Granada, and no I am not the coach's brother. First off I know for a fact that the girls team has games. I don't have a clue where your info is coming from.

Now about us losing, yeah, we lose a lot but what can you expect from a bunch of kids learning to play lacrosse going up against established programs with experienced players. We actually just won our first league game last weekend and there is very obvious progression for all of us. If you were on the team and you quit thats your problem. It was a lot of fun last year and this year we are a lot more competitive.

Well my GFs season ended yesterday with a total TWO high school lacrosse games. Ya there were a couple other games against little kids from middle school but she spent almost $500 total for like TWO games, WTF!!