+ Reply to Thread

The Day Th E Earth Rolled Over

I was just reading this and found it interesting. Any thoughts on this one.

http://www.livescience.com/7105-day-earth-fell.html

Re: The Day Th E Earth Rolled Over

Wouldnt that mean we'd all be walking at an angle, like into the wind? :

I guess such a serious change in the alignment of the planet would be imperceptable to the people as it happened. It would presumably be an incredibly slow movement. Could be happening right now I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Wouldnt that mean we'd all be walking at an angle, like into the wind? :

I guess such a serious change in the alignment of the planet would be imperceptable to the people as it happened. It would presumably be an incredibly slow movement. Could be happening right now I suppose?
    Well I guess that the planet will do what it wants to and we will never know how, why, when or where. All we can do is try to survive as best as we can. Palm trees have been found in Colerado as well as sea shells and remants ofr ancient fish in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well I guess that the planet will do what it wants to and we will never know how, why, when or where. All we can do is try to survive as best as we can. Palm trees have been found in Colerado as well as sea shells and remants ofr ancient fish in Utah.
    Yeah, even if it were to happen it presumably wouldnt really be something people were aware of. The world would remain static as far as each generation were concerned, but over millenia the alignment would shift and, as you say, the evidence would show that different regions had at one time been ... in a different place.

Unless theres some suggestion there could be some fast change, which presumably might cause catastrophic damage. Earthquakes etc?

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Yeah, even if it were to happen it presumably wouldnt really be something people were aware of. The world would remain static as far as each generation were concerned, but over millenia the alignment would shift and, as you say, the evidence would show that different regions had at one time been ... in a different place.

Unless theres some suggestion there could be some fast change, which presumably might cause catastrophic damage. Earthquakes etc?
    My estimation is that if it were to be a fast change then it would be more than earthquakes. Presumably all volcanos as well would be going off as well and the resulting effect would just about destroy life as we know it.

There are many things that we still do not know about this planet and may well never know either. It is possible that at one time there might have been people here that were much more advanced than we are or even could be. Possibly we just haven't found them yet. There are many possibilities and our knowledge is still limited as on a scale if time on this planet we are just still not even in Abrahams sausage kettle yet.

nonsense. a volcano on earth is like a pimple on your face, won't throw you off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    nonsense. a volcano on earth is like a pimple on your face, won't throw you off balance.
    Well best rememer that there are strong quakes that are associated with volcanos also. It is the damage that they would cause if the tilt were to happen that I was talking about. Or you could try standing on one when it blows then tell us it it made you lose your balance or not.

Clearly you never had a serious zit right before a big date in high school, did you?
    Nice to see you back, by the way.

:spin2:
    Who's running this popcorn stand anyway? :zx11pissed:

thanx. i needed a vacation. and who knows? i may need another soon.

thanx. i needed a vacation. and who knows? i may need another soon.

After a week here, who wouldn't. Hang tight.

This is very serious environmental issue, No one can stop this situation now. When alignment of the earth will change, it is obvious there will more than earth quake. We cant imagine what will happen with human being. Yesterday a earth quake happened in Japan and the worst situation is there now.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleGoo8028 View Post
    This is very serious environmental issue, No one can stop this situation now. When alignment of the earth will change, it is obvious there will more than earth quake. We cant imagine what will happen with human being. Yesterday a earth quake happened in Japan and the worst situation is there now.

And now a meltdown is a real possibility there as all five nuke plants have been damaged. An explosion just blew the roof of of one of them and the containtment room may have been breached along with radiation leaking now.