+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware Marion Browning-Baker "Family Law Practice"

Marion Browning-Baker, ex US Army JAG lawyer and currently presenting her status as a US Army Reservist, has been operating her "family law practice" out of her home in Stuttgart, Germany since 1996. The only problem: It is NOT a law practice but a systematic and methodical financial SCAM against every active duty service member, family member, and Department of Defense civilian which she can possibly convince to hire her for her family law "legal services" (which I use very loosely here).

Her daily ad in the Stars and Stripes (which she is no longer allowed to advertise there) was her ONLY source of clients as everyone who contacted her through this forum became nothing less than her "target of financial opportunity." Browning-Baker would take any case presented, ask for a $5,000 retainer, make you sign a statement that you will not discuss anything to do with your case with any other lawyer involved, and then drain you financially for as long as she could until you fired her.

Closure or doing what you hired her to do (or thought you did anyway) was never an intent of hers as she drags simple cases out for years. For most of her clients and I have personally discussed this with more than 10 of them who were scammed by her like I was, she got away with anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000 per client using this modus operandi.

Since she bills monthly and provides her clients with no transparency in the process whatsoever, she falsifies bills and charges her clients for no work performed, she lies to other lawyers and misrepresents the facts of your situation in order to bill you for more money, charges you for a full 30 minutes of her time to answer a 1-sentence email with another 1-sentence email, and even generates legal problems with your case which result in her being able to bill you for even more money.

I experienced ALL of the above personally. IF YOU EVER USED THIS LAWYER, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Re: Beware Marion Browning-Baker "Family Law Pract

I have been out of contact for the past several months. But a friend brought this to my attention.

I do not and have never represented myself as being in the reserves. My ad states that I am a former JAG lawyer which is correct.

I had a regular office for many years. However, I now have a virtual office due to many personal reasons.

The Stars and Stripes is not and has never been my sole source of client. Most of my clients are referred to me by former clients.

There has been no permanent decision by the Stars and Stripes regarding my ability to advertise with them.

I have never falsified any of my bills. I tell all my clients to review their bills and contact me with any problems. I always review client complaints and address them. The other statements the poster made are simply not true.

Marion Browning-Baker

I totally agree with the above comments. I hired her in 2007 to represent me in a divorce case, and have just found out that she did not advise me, but only took my money until I fired her. There is evidence now on my case, which she did not provide to me at all!!!!!!!

Browning-Baker says above that she gets "referral business?" What a joke that must be! I ran an ad in the Stars and Stripes everyday for the last year - and still am running it - trying to find a divorce lawyer. There were only 2 divorce lawyers advertised and Browning-Baker was 1 (and she no longer is there I see so she must have done something wrong to someone or many people).

As of today, my online ad got 24,888 views! Know how many referrals I got for her? ZERO! Zippo! Know how many people wrote to me and said don't use her specifically? 28 as of today! So it looks like a lot of people were ripped off by her over the years just like you were.

Not only that - they had the ad in the paper copy of the Stars and Stripes too for most of that time so lets say the ad probably got a LOT MORE than 50,000 views since more people read the paper than look online probably.

Yeah, she gets "referrals" sure. Sounds like she is a big liar! Sounds like everything that the original poster said was true!

I used this lawyer in 2001. She charged me $26,300 and never got me divorced. All she did was write emails back and forth with some stateside lawyer which I was not allowed to talk to because she made me sign a statement that I would not do that. Then I FIRED HER because I could see her only goal was to steal my money. The lady is a total CROOK! I can’t believe she is still doing this to people like is written above. Somebody should do something about this. She is a criminal and should be in jail.

I know this Browning-Baker is a total crook. She took almost $30,000 from me to get divorced in Germany. I later found out from a JAG office over here that under German law, I could have easily done the entire divorce for under $5,000 if I went straight to a German lawyer to start with rather than going to Browning-Baker. I agree that this lawyer should go to jail. And they should throw away the key. She needs to rot there forever for what she has done to our service members and their wives. I see she no longer advertises in the Stars and Stripes. Hopefully somebody reported her.

I am another person who she also ripped off for over $30,000. We now have a group of over 50 people identified who have all been ripped by her since she started in the 1990’s. We are urging everyone to write to the Georgia State Bar (they have a website with the info you need to file complaints). Don’t bother writing to Browning-Baker personally on anything. She will never reply to you as she already took your money.

BTW, word in the group has it that has been bragging to some of her ex-clients that she owns a mansion some place in the Caribbean. Guess where that money came from? Your pocket!

We are starting a Yahoo Group in an attempt to locate everyone who was ripped by her since she started all of this nonsense family law practice in Europe. Should you want to join the group, send an email to MJBB.scams@yahoo.com and then tell us your story. We will keep you posted and add you to our list.

And if you heard of anyone else who used her, please pass the word. Since she can no longer advertise in the Stars and Stripes, we all think we have effectively put her out of business for good. Now it is time to collect our debts back.

@ Dirty Army Lawyers, Tanker2002, Stryker4ever, Semper Fi Wife and Special Ops MSG

Multiple usernames are not allowed here, please stick to your original username to post, thanks.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

DISAPPEARED – Lawyer Marion Browning-Baker!

Does anyone know where lawyer Marion Browning-Baker is hiding these days? Her 58 ex-clients who network regularly on the list maintained by mjbb.scams@yahoo.com all want to know.

One of the 58 went to visit her at her apartment in Stuttgart a few weeks ago. Her apartment was totally empty. The person managed to talk to one of her German neighbors in the building. The German neighbor said she “fled the country very quickly and that only happens quickly around here when the German tax people are after you.” They also said that she would not tell them where she was moving. No one can confirm if the German tax authorities are pursuing her but read on because this story gets even better.

Her visitor then contacted the Regus Center in Stuttgart which she used as a mail drop and to meet clients for the past 5 years. Browning-Baker never told them she was leaving, never told them she disconnected her phone several months ago which was 0711-161-0000, never told them she moved out of her apartment, and never even terminated her business center contract with them. She does not answer her other two published phone numbers either.

The Georgia State Bar is also attempting to locate her for several months now for reasons which we cannot print here. They are supposed to contact her by the mailing address she has on record with them. Her mailing address used to be the Regus Center on Koenigstrasse in Stuttgart. Now it only says, “Saint Thomas VI” which you can check for yourself on their website if you go to the lawyer directory and put her name in. It is obvious now that she can’t receive any official mail from them – or anyone else for that matter.

Marion Browning-Baker also told authorities in sworn statements, as well as her ex-clients, that she was “sailing off the coast of Australia” for 6 months from October 2010 until April 2011 and not available at her office. The only problem with this is that she never left her Stuttgart home/office this entire time and was billing her last clients - as she is no longer allowed to advertise in the Stars and Stripes worldwide.

The most entertaining part of all this – saving the best for last - is that she assumed the role of a fictitious secretary named “Majella Richardson” to answer all of her official email and correspondence during that period of time she said she was sailing. Some people even talked to “Majella” on the phone, which was Browning-Baker’s voice. So if needed, she also plays the role of an imaginary secretary.

So if anyone currently knows where Marion Browning-Baker is hiding at the moment, please email mjbb.scams@yahoo.com so we can inform the multiple authorities who are now looking for her also. Thank you.

This guy has a very active imagination. I typically discourage stalkers from trying to find me, which is why the GA Bar is not giving out my information. My clients know how to contact me. This guy seems to be the only person who doesn’t know how.

There is reality.

Then there is what lawyer Marion Browning-Baker says. That includes to her Georgia State Bar. That includes to her clients. That includes to other lawyers. That includes what she writes on the web. That includes to the Stars and Stripes who banned her advertising permanently. These are not the same version. Not even close. I think 58 people can confirm that.

Tell you what. Check back here in one year. We will see if lawyer Marion Browning-Baker still has a law license anywhere or if she is DISBARRED.

Then we will see whose word is good and whose word is bad. Deal?

Marion Browning-Baker Still Scamming In Germany!

One of Marion Browning-Baker’s ex-clients informed our network (now a total of 59) recently that Browning-Baker NEVER DEPARTED Germany after all! She only moved apartments and changed her office (which doesn’t exist other than her kitchen table) phone number to 49-711-222-54480. This number is answered by the same German public call center as it was before – same people even. She continues to drag out cases and rip-off her leftover clients, before her advertising was barred, while she prolongs her hiding from the Georgia State Bar – both by mail (her official state bar mailing address still only “St Thomas, VI”) and now by telephone too. Sources say that the German, American, and Virgin Island federal tax authorities also are looking for her.

Here is her primary scam and rip-off FYI: She makes her clients sign a statement that they cannot talk or communicate in any way to any other lawyers which Browning-Baker says she uses with their case. Browning-Baker says that “this signed statement is required by her state bar.” Turns out officially from the state bar that it IS NOT REQUIRED at all! Her state bar even supposedly asked her where it quotes that in Georgia statutes and Browning-Baker never answered (like proving her multiple fictitious secretaries exist over the years because they asked her to prove that too and she didn’t).

Then, knowing that the client probably won’t call the lawyers she uses because of this “Georgia law” as Browning-Baker tells it, she then bills them for work she NEVER DOES knowing the client won’t check up on it. In most cases, 25% OR MORE of the customer’s bills were totally bogus like this.

Lawyers are then supposed to give you the case file back when they stop representing you as all state bars require this as lawyer professional conduct. Forget getting anything back like communications with the other lawyers from Browning-Baker as she refuses to return any of those – and this is even after the state bar tells her to return it.

All 59 of us at mjbb.scams@yahoo.com are waiting for justice to be served by the Georgia State Bar. Then Marion Browning-Baker will have a real reason leave Germany – that being no law license anymore.

Marion Browning-Baker Is Now Ella Quinn – Fiction Writer!

Marion Browning-Baker, who over many years while calling herself a “family law lawyer” in Germany had a lot of practice making false statements, misrepresenting the facts of her clients in order to wrongfully charge them more money, falsifying bills, and even lying under oath to her state bar – now calls herself “Ella Quinn, Romance Author” – and claims to be a fiction writer. She supposedly has recently signed a contract with Larsen-Pomada Literary Agency in San Francisco. See Browning-Baker’s new identity at:

http://ellaquinnauthor.wordpress.com/author-bio/

or her new identify on Facebook at

http://www.facebook.com/EllaQuinnAuthor

Actually this is a very good fit for her next career. Her “law practice” - since she was removed from the Army as a lawyer – has been not much more than PURE FICTION anyway to even include her answering the phone as imaginary secretaries over the years with her last one being named “Majella Richardson.” She extends these delusions to Ella Quinn’s biography too – where Browning-Baker states that while in the US Army “she was the first woman assigned to a Green Beret unit.”

She should be thankful that what happens to Pinocchio when he tells a lie has not happened to her in her life. Otherwise Browning-Baker would be totally dysfunctional as a human being.

So, those of you following this, the next event will be that she is disbarred and lose her law license permanently. Justice needs to be served - and it will be - as we all have faith in the bigger system, as in the Georgia State Bar, to police-up the dregs at the bottom of the legal profession and dispose of them properly.

DISBARRED! Lawyer Marion Browning-Baker

Justice is eventually served – Marion Browning-Baker is NOW DISBARRED and has permanently lost her law license. And it was served on Patriot's Day too. How appropriate for the men and women who served our country and have been her "victims" for over 15 years after the US Army kicked her out as a JAG lawyer.

Here is the link for the actual disbarment decision by the Georgia State Bar:
    http://www.gabar.org/forthepublic/up...ng-Baker_D.pdf

Or the link to the recent (as of April 19, 2013) attorney discipline page:
    http://www.gabar.org/forthepublic/recent-discipline.cfm

The latest information is that Marion Browning-Baker is now officially a fugitive from Germany as she fled that country for federal income tax evasion before they could prosecute her. Allegations are that she did almost all of her "law practice" business in US banks and US credit cards and then never claimed any of it as Germany income as it bypassed their financial system. This is NOT our opinion either as a professional source from the USA contacted us through our ad and said that Browning-Baker actually BOASTED to her on the telephone that by using the Germany-USA-Virgin Islands "Bermuda Triangle" for residences, she paid no taxes ANYWHERE for the past 20 years.

What we do know also from multiple online sources is that she has a husband named Wendell T. Baker who is a retired US Army sergeant and who is still feeding from the federal trough as he has some US Government job in the Norfolk VA area.

Now Marion and Wendell can live with the reality that the money they are both spending is "dirty" and was never earned honestly. I hope Wendell can sleep well from this after serving in the US Army all the while knowing his wife ran her law practice scam against his fellow service members throughout the 30+ years of their marriage. But then again, it might just be possible that Sergeant Baker was too naive to figure out what was happening right under his nose?

Since Marion Browning-Baker has also boasted a lot over the years to more than one client about her "mansion she owns in the Virgin Islands" on Lovenlund in St. Thomas, call her at 340-776-8428 as an ex-client and maybe she will invite you in for coffee the next time you are down there (FYI - this is all public information taken from the St. Thomas online telephone book).

As a result of her formal disbarment plus all of the above, we now have solicited a lawyer to begin a class action suit against her since we now have over 65 confirmed ex-clients willing to testify. Therefore if you used ever used Marion Browning-Baker in any capacity and desire to be a part of the settlement process, contact our hired attorney at MBB-Class-Action@gmx.com and we will send you a data sheet to formally register as a claimant.
    Last edited by Dirty Army Lawyers; 04-25-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: HTML code was written in text and removed.

Re: Beware Marion Browning-Baker "Family Law Practice"

Levine Staller sklar chan donnely Atlantic city Nj
    Archer and Greiner haddonfield NJ
    Michael Sklar
    Arthur Sklar
    Bill William Thompson
    Drew Burach

Archer And Greiner - Bill Thompson And Drew Burach Bully Bankrupt Adversary And Run A 260k Law Bill With Attorney Sklar
    Posted 04-29-2013 at 07:06 AM by artgreiner666
    Bill Thompson and Drew Burach are the lawyers from Archer and Greiner who allowed Arthur Sklar to run a lawbill of 260k versus a bankrupt husband of Sklar's daughter.

They sued the husband for two million dollars and he was only worth 17k at the time of separation.FRAUD WAS NEVER PROVEN!
    Levine Staller and Archer and Greiner coerced and sent a lawyers fees bill up to Trenton for over 63k in Archer and Greiner's name to the judgements department and unethically let the Law Firm of Archer and Greiner from Haddnfield NJ to assume Sklar's debt.I wonder how many more lives have William Thompson and Drew Burach from Haddonfield NJ have ruined????

Re: Beware Marion Browning-Baker "Family Law Practice"

Well, I cannot speak for any other similar or non-similar legal situations but I can tell you that 65 people are willing to testify that they were scammed by Browning-Baker. All of it is backed up by hard data too. Proving fraud with her will be a walk-in-the-park.

In fact, we had over 5 litigation attorneys actually "competing" to take this case as it appears to be a goldmine. We are going to bankrupt Browning-Baker, take her mansion or whatever she has on Lovenlund in St. Thomas, and we plan to empty her bank accounts and return the money to her clients - given that everything that she has earned, she stole in the last 15 years.

Sgt Wendell Baker should wake up, and realize that after being married to her for 30+ years or whatever it was, that she was not good enough to make it as a JAG lawyer in the US Army and she was not good enough to make it legitimately in the real world of private law practice either. But we will take his money too - if he is still hanging around after all of this. He can kiss his US Army monthly retirement check goodbye!