+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Whats up with 2012

Oh oh, don't tell them over in the religious thread, they'll revive the 'tired light' theory.

Seriously though. There was research published some time ago that sugested a change in the fine structure constant based on observations of some distant galaxies. The fine structure constant depends on the speed of light, the elementary charge, planck's constant and the permittivity (or maybe permeability, can't remember) of free space. But even then it was only a change by 15% or so, and since as far as I know nothing has come of this they may have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney
    The world will go to hell in 12-21-12 and if no one does anything about it then we wont be saved.
    The 12th of 21 2012???

There is no month 21!!! You nutjob!!

Oh yeah, I guess you are American and think your silly number games which apply to your calander in particular has relevence to the passage of the earth through time. LOL.

from what I have read, nobody knows anything for sure

taknoid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mensch
    from what I have read, nobody knows anything for sure
    Likewize:

For what I know, nobody has read anything for real.

Taknoid (Being of light heart)

P.S. If light really is slowing down, will my heart attack?

ahh yes, here you are. LOL. No need to answer the question in my last PM.

If it did attack, it would do so very slowly.

the best thing to do right now is to wait for it to pass.see what happens.and eat some cookies for supper.although this semms like Y2k part 2, i see that 2012 is more of a spiritual/religious phenomena(if it does happen). and that makes it much much interesting to find out about to me.

2012 minus 3 1/2 years of the first part of the tribulation.
    That means my single guy friends have less than two years to marry.

And what's with those two tumors? Did the monster forget to drink his(her) Xango?
    Last edited by EveryKnee; 08-30-2006 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    That's the biggest load of bullsh!t I've ever read. The Schumann resonance doesn't control the length of days, Earth's rotation does.
    THINK PERSONAL!?how do YOU experience the LENGTH of a DAY!?hehe!!just askin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzal
    the best thing to do right now is to wait for it to pass.see what happens.and eat some cookies for supper.although this semms like Y2k part 2, i see that 2012 is more of a spiritual/religious phenomena(if it does happen). and that makes it much much interesting to find out about to me.
    it's really all about EFFECT or anticipation!?and the MORE that are AWARE of it with OPEN INTEREST!?(wallstreet here i come!?),the greater the event!?i mean WHY have all the predictions of the past failed!?what is the DETERMINING factor!?the power in the MINDS of men!?and that power is the same as it always was and forver will be!?now we come to intent,both of men and god.for if god were always tryin to bring to pass an opportunity to save al men,he would surely DELAY any such FINAL event,as religion CONSTANTLY expresses, as if to TRY and CONVINCE those (individuals involved in SEE as neccessary) for THEIR OWN completion of FAITH!?(the sooner the better!?)hehe!!but of course,the true god will have NOTHING to do with SUCH crap!?hehe!!for his sneaky RULE of entry is......the FIRST,shall be LAST!?or VICE-(minus) versa is the acceptable will of the lord!?hehe! just askin