+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

hackenslash is offline Destroyer of bad ideas. Smasher of canards.

Re: Will God Save Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBen View Post
    I hope we never have to live under sharia law.

Muslims don't believe in the "christian hell". They have their own version.

The "christian hell" as most interpret it, isn't biblical. In the OT, all the worlds translated hell actually mean either death, or the grave. Almost all references in the NT are the same.

The wages of sin is death, not eternal torture.

BusyBen
    The book of Matthew is pretty clear on this point, as are 2 Thessalonians, Mark and Revelation. It is a lake of fire that will never be quenched. No ambiguity to be had.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act - George Orwell

hackenslash is offline Destroyer of bad ideas. Smasher of canards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    In my mind, the best argument for colonizing another rock is the idea of "all the eggs in one basket".

When a comet (or asteroid) smashes earth, it would be nice to have a place for some people to go, wouldn't it?
    Fixed it for you.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act - George Orwell

That makes sense if you make a whole bunch of assumptions that I don't agree with:

1) The story of Ramtha is accurate.
    2) The story of Ramtha is literal.
    3) The story of Ramtha is true.
    4) E nergy healers do something.
    5) Hell exists
    6) People reincarnate

Otherwise that's a really nice theory with every bit as much proof and evidence of every religion ever made by man.

The benefit of this religion you present it that it doesn't ask you to make others believe the same as you through violence and doesn't ask you to destroy people who believe differently.

This sound far better than all of the evil Abrahamic religions.
    Yeah I was entertaining a thought.

Ramtha is a teacher of all kinds of things but its not a religion. He claims its all philosophy. Its not even truth.

Its only truth to those who did it themself. If you go to a Ramtha teaching he let's everyone do it for themself. That's how he "teaches"

****** healing is something I do. It took me years of obsevation and questioning why it works. So I don't expect anyone to believe me. It's ok if they don't.

In fact to those who dont know how its done, no amount ow explanation will be enough. To those who do, no explanation is needed.

Its something one needs to go through step by step in a teaching or through a book with various forms of media like quantum physics combined with ****** anatomy teachings.

In my mind, the best argument for colonizing another rock is the idea of "all the eggs in one basket".

If a comet smashes earth, it would be nice to have a place for some people to go, wouldn't it?
    That's reasonable. Assuming we could see the comet coming. it might work. The problem is finding a planet that doesn't require artificial contrivances.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    That's reasonable. Assuming we could see the comet coming. it might work. The problem is finding a planet that doesn't require artificial contrivances.
    They all will.

Even if we saw the comet coming it would still take decades to get a stable ecosystem and manufacturing center setup so the colony could be self sufficient.

I suggest we get a head start now so we'll be ready when/if it happens.

There are so many other benefits of colonizing another world too. Just the scientific and engineering advancements of undertaking such a mission would be worth the effort.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene66 View Post
    Yeah I was entertaining a thought.

Ramtha is a teacher of all kinds of things but its not a religion. He claims its all philosophy. Its not even truth.

Its only truth to those who did it themself. If you go to a Ramtha teaching he let's everyone do it for themself. That's how he "teaches"
    That's okay. So he wants to be different in some manor and pretend like he's not the same as all the other crooked religious leaders.

It does sound like a good way to teach.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene66 View Post
    ****** healing is something I do. It took me years of obsevation and questioning why it works. So I don't expect anyone to believe me. It's ok if they don't.

In fact to those who dont know how its done, no amount ow explanation will be enough. To those who do, no explanation is needed.

Its something one needs to go through step by step in a teaching or through a book with various forms of media like quantum physics combined with ****** anatomy teachings.
    Now THAT sounds like a religious argument.

Have you ever healed anyone who didn't have a good chance of getting better on their own anyways?

They all will.

Even if we saw the comet coming it would still take decades to get a stable ecosystem and manufacturing center setup so the colony could be self sufficient.

I suggest we get a head start now so we'll be ready when/if it happens.

There are so many other benefits of colonizing another world too. Just the scientific and engineering advancements of undertaking such a mission would be worth the effort.
    Since Jesus (the false son of god) will not return to save his chosen few, we are stuck with consequences. Harboring the planets resources for one last attempt may be all that's left for humankind.

What stands in the way of a united effort to save humankind is strife and conflict. To escape another planet, there would have to be cooperation between Sunnis, Shiites, Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, democrats, republicans, communists, environmentalist, democracies, dictatorships, etc. I agree, the world posses resources to survive extermination. The most important question is, will nations of the world pull together?
    Last edited by Cnance; 02-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Since Jesus (the false son of god) will not return to save his chosen few, we are stuck with consequences. Harboring the planets resources for one last attempt may be all that's left for humankind.

What stands in the way of a united effort to save humankind is strife and conflict. To escape another planet, there would have to be cooperation between Sunnis, Shiites, Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, democrats, republicans, communists, environmentalist, democracies, dictatorships, etc. I agree, the world posses resources to survive extermination. The most important question is, will nations of the world pull together?
    I dont think the people are in charge. While we have money a an elite group that uses the manipulation of that money to manipulate the masses we would all want to run away.

I believe if we all wake up tomorrow and agree that money has no value and then go about doing things for ourself we would be Okay.

In fact the idealism of communism would have worked if there were no money and no currency. If everyone works fr the community and lives off the community.

Actually not money really but any form of power that needs to be humiliated. (Made humble)