+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone worked for Prepaid Legal Svc.

Yesterday I got an email for a job offer for a home business through Prepaid Legal Services. However it would be through it's Identity Theft Division. I don't know whether it's legit and I've had a bad experience with a home business before so I'm kind of leary. When I went on Prepaid Legal Service's website, it said you had to pay $249 to join their business program however the lady on the phone told me that I would only have to pay 39,99 + 49.99 one time fees for training and materials + 19.99 monthly membership plan in prepaid legal services. I checked the NYSE to see if they were listed as they said and they were but I'm not sure that means anything. I wouldn't mind doing something like this if it was legit and I had a steady income) and would consider doing so on the side when I get a fulltime job because I need the sales experience to go with my degree in Marketing. Has anyone on this board ever dealt with this company before.

Re: Has anyone worked for Prepaid Legal Svc.

Save your money! I tried it a long time ago. It's a pyramid scheme.

We used to have a guy here who was a fervent believer in it, but even he seems to have given up.

hmmm. He must not have made the 6 figures they promised him. That's MLM for you. Alot of hype and broken promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    Save your money! I tried it a long time ago. It's a pyramid scheme.
    Did they give you leads or was it hardcalling all the way?

Company itself I am almost sure is legal. Off couse it probably has the 2 main drawbacks as most of other legitimate MLMs. 1)Your clients have to use only lawyers accespting Prepaid Legal. 2)You have to rebuilt your downline constantly.

Unlike others I do believe that there is a chance to make a living in legitimate MLMs. Not a big chance, but some do make it.
    Last edited by borisf96; 06-22-2006 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah it's very slim to make it. It's almost like you have to have thousands of people in your downline. It takes a strong personality and someone who knows tons of people. I don't have the right personality or drive to do MLM. The Product is legal, but very very hard to make any money at it. Any MLM is slim to none making any money.

Thanks for input,

I just realized that there were other post on prepaid legal. I definately will not be joining now.

Several facts about this company are skewed or missing from this thread:
    1. It is not a "pyramid scheme". Pyramid schemes are illegal. This company is regulated by the FTC, New York Stock Exchange as well as the insurance commissioners of 50 states and 4 provices of Canada. Of course there IS one legal pyramid scheme -- social security. Pre-paid Legal's MLM business model does not even look like the Social Security scam. But if you do not like MLMs you can always sell to groups or businesses and make several hundred to several thousand $ per presentation.
    2. Making money with Pre-Paid Legal is not hard. But you have to be willing to call people you know and meet and ask them for referrals. If you can't do this it's not hard -- it's impossible!
    3. $249 for the business opportunity is not expensive, but in recent months has been reduced -- sale price.
    4. Probably a good thing that you didn't invest in the business opportunity. Since all it took was a few posts by cynics, chances are you wouldn't have lasted the week.
    5. The product is a bargain. Since getting my membership, I have had confidentiality agreements reviewed, speeding tickets thrown out, my will, with a living will made, and numerous questions and advice on legal matters answered by one of the top law firms in my state. Average cost of such items if done through a retail lawfirm: $1500 (conservatively speaking) Not having to pay for billable hours: priceless!

"Probably a good thing that you didn't invest in the business opportunity. Since all it took was a few posts by cynics, chances are you wouldn't have lasted the week".

There is no need for the personal attacks on my character just because I don't want to do it anymore. That is what kills me about you people who work for these companies, you insult anyone who doesn't believe in what your doing.

our company uses prepaid legal services. we love it.

im a ppl member and love it. the IDT is a good investment, however, i would actually suggest that you see if your bank or credit union offers the credit monitoring service as a perk or add on cost to your banking fees. otherwse IDT is good as they will let you know as soon as something "Fishy" goes on with your identity (ie the applying of a new credit card etc).

I do not recruit (unlike other mlm scams ::cough cough::Quixtar::cough::cough::) and you are not pressured to do anything you dont want to do (unlike other mlm scams ::cough::cough::Quixtar::cough::cough::). I simply sell memberships and I just do enough to cover any expenses i have (ie, if I want to buy a new computer, I know that I wiould need to seel ten memberships until I reach the amount I need to buy one). No quotas to fill. No pressure. Its pretty much a "you do as much as you want, to earn what you want".

I was involved in PPL for a while. I think if you are going to do that and really want to make money, get into the group marketing side of it. I met quite a few people who make a very good living at it.

I, sadly, was just too busy with that whole real life and job thing to really get it moving but the person who conducted my meetings made good money, had proof, and was helpful.

In any event.. be sure to research to find the meetings in your area, number of reps in your area, and other things.

Sorry dnresid,
    I didn't mean to insult. Just point out that even outside this forum, one starting his/her own business is a magnet for derision. In any business, you have your detractors and supporters -- it's all part of business. In sales, especially, you have to almost embrace rejection. It's not for everyone -- and that was my point. I'm glad, for your sake, that you did not get the business, because it would have made you miserable. Now the product is another thing, but this is not the place. ;)

I am an associate with PPL. Yes, it's legit. Yes, it's a home based business. Yes, you can make money. With any business, you need to look at the facts. If you are serious, then find out for yourself. Don't listen to people who didn't have success. I tried 5 other companies that didn't work for me. Then I found PPL 4 years ago. I have fun, I help people, and I make money. MY life is changing! You cannot judge your success or failure by others.

Quote Originally Posted by PPL 4 me
    I Don't listen to people who didn't have success. I have fun, I help people, and I make money. MY life is changing! You cannot judge your success or failure by others.

Ahhhhh the typical diarrhea of the mouth of an mlmer. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by PPL 4 me
    I Don't listen to people who didn't have success.

cough cough!

You cannot judge your success or failure by others.
    cough cough!

Those are the typical lines from an it's all about me MLM attitude :rolleyes:

So your life is changing huh? Your helping people by rippin them off? :rolleyes:

Take a bottle of ex lax and cleanse your soul :rolleyes:

They say the same things when you call! Check the BBB! And to be honest they make you feel dumb. I can't wait to cancel! They are no real help to me and good luck signing people up! It's a struggle! And they really don't help they say call someone else!
    Last edited by lovinitathome; 10-14-2006 at 03:51 AM.