+ Reply to Thread

Evolutionists vs. Environmentalists

Some people still don't get the difference.

Evolutionists: believe that the process of evolution is what guides the changing state of the world's creatures, and that God has no hand in it in the present time.

Fun fact: Evolutionists do not have to disagree with Intelligent Design. A number of evolutionists believe that God set up DNA base pairs, the way elements interact, etc. What they do believe is that God isn't taking an active role in evolution, but has been passive since setting it up.

Environmentalists: are a general group of people who are for the protection of the environment. There are different types of environmentalists - some are merely looking out for the future interests of the human race, some see beauty in nature, and some feel empathy for abused animals. These are not mutually exclusive, but they are not all-inclusive either.

Fun fact: in fact, a true evolutionist who is also an environmentalist would fall mostly in the first category. A true evolutionist would see that a creature is dying out and presume that it is dying out because it hasn't adapted to its newly damaging surroundings (be it no time or just bad luck).

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Evolutionists vs. Environmentalists

Evolutionists: believe that the process of evolution is what guides the changing state of the world's creatures, and that God has no hand in it in the present time.
    People who understand and acknowledge the fact of evoution as explained via natural causes.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.