+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Who are the 'Climate Denialists' now?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
    Umm yes, were the hell ya been???

Groups (IE: Scientists, bankers, etc) Spend money as a group and lobby to get their messages out (IE: The 1,000 commercials we now see here in the US about animal abuse!)

Anyone growing up in the 80's here remember the class room commercial with all the kids wearing gas masks?? Outside was red and dry....

Classics
    And these adverts were paid for and created by scientists? As opposed to governments, or environmental groups like greenpeace etc?

Sorry, I dont buy that for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    And these adverts were paid for and created by scientists? As opposed to governments, or environmental groups like greenpeace etc?

Sorry, I dont buy that for a second.
    I dont give a rats ass what you believe... Its common practice in these parts.
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
    I dont give a rats ass what you believe... Its common practice in these parts.
    For you to mistake actual science with alarmist media. Obviously.

There is one massive thing you are missing.

Thistle and I are not from these parts. We are from other countries. Your political problems are not our problems. We have grown up in less toxic political environments and we have grown up with a stronger science standard that includes the technical definition of a theory and how it works as well as a non-politicized technology environment.

So please understand when you bring your polerized american politics and apply it to physics it doesn't make any sense to us. It's not common, or even uncommon practice in the least to do so.
    Last edited by Spector567; 01-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    For you to mistake actual science with alarmist media. Obviously.

There is one massive thing you are missing.

Thistle and I are not from these parts. We are from other countries. Your political problems are not our problems. We have grown up in less toxic political environments and we have grown up with a stronger science standard that includes the technical definition of a theory and how it works as well as a non-politicized technology environment.

So please understand when you bring your polerized american politics and apply it to physics it doesn't make any sense to us. It's not common, or even uncommon practice in the least to do so.

Yeah--you are coming from places where common sense are not at all common. Thistle comes from a place that welcome Hitler in with open arms right up until the bombs actually fell on their ing houses.

You have no grasp of the motivation of humans, and simply refuse to acknowledge what everyone else knows--your climate scum are liars.

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

What do you know of human motivation? Where's your degree in psychology?

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    Yeah--you are coming from places where common sense are not at all common. Thistle comes from a place that welcome Hitler in with open arms right up until the bombs actually fell on their ing houses.
    Ha. Pwrone's reimagining of history, I love it. What exactly were the US doing for the years that UK France Australia Canada Poland and others were fighting the Nazis?

The US were waiting and hoping the Nazis would stop with one country, then the next, etc.

Bit like the attitude you and many history revisionists in US display over the war - not getting involved until you are directly attacked.

Dont get all high and mighty about US politics and decisions, you're on a loser there.

Why am I arguing issues from 60 years ago with someone who's beliefs are stuck in the 1800's?