+ Reply to Thread

What if Bush had dictatorship power, like Saddam, or Hitler, or Stalin

the title says it all, just list what you think would happen if President Bush had absolute power.

Re: What if Bush had dictatorship power, like Saddam, or Hitler, or Stalin

i guess its best if i put my two cents into this blurb first.

First of all, if Bush had absolute power, the gays would probably be sent to death camps, the Theory of Evolution would be abolished, Id be learding about creationism in class, Iraq would have been invaded for evenless reason (who in this country would stop him?), God knows what would happen to the Black/Jewish/Muslim population in this country.
    oh, and to top it off, we would have probably nuked Korea and.... probably Mexico... and Russia, because hed still think they were communist.

Now while I don't like Bush and his administration and I think they're ruining our country...

I don't see him as bad as Saddam or Hitler. I do see all of our civil liberties out the door when it further's his agenda, I do see us waging war without too much of a cause and I see the rich man stomping on the poor man.

I don't think minimum wage would matter much with all the illegals comming in...Most of our companies would probably get incentives to ship jobs overseas...as long as they returned the monetary favors as soon as the profits started raking in.

He wouldn't have to scare us to death the threats of terrorism because he wouldn't need permission to back his "projects"

Our country would probably have to bow down to Saudi Arabia

I don't know what would happen the the gays...

I know what would happen to us at scam.com who defy him...

He say's he's pro-gun, but has soon as he had complete power, he would strip us of our right to bear arms so we couldn't revolt. I say the only reason he's pro-gun is because there are lots of people who completely disagree with republicans, but vote republican because they are afraid democrats will take their guns (I think it's stupid but you would be surprised here in NC). I tell them what does it matter if the republicans run the country into the ground?

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Oh yeah...abortion, forget about that right. Forget about the constitution as well.

Thats kind of a stupid question, isn't it? What would any person do who had absolute power? Whether it be Bush, any other Republican, Democrat or any one else for that matter? The fact is, they don't have absolute power. I could tell you what I think would happen if Democrats had absolute power though. We'd all be speaking a foreign language, smoking dope, we'd all be equal when it comes to wealth (meaning none of us would be wealthy), religion would be wiped off the face of the earth, etc etc etc.
    God knows what would happen to the Black/Jewish/Muslim population in this country, because if the democrats had absolute power, they would no longer act like they cared about minorities (after all, they'd no longer need their votes!). Wait, I said "God knows". I'd no longer be able so say "God".
    Oh yeah...forget about rights, forget about all rights. Forget about the constitution as well. If someone had absolute power, we wouldn't need a constitution.
    Thank GOD we live in a country with checks and balances huh.
    A giant mushroom cloud, 24 empty missile tubes... It's Miller Time!

It's funny, Hitler, Stalin and Saddam, all defeated by the US and its allies. Of couse we never invaded Russia, we had to win that war the hard way. Were we justified in those wars (especially Iraq) because they had absolute power?

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    Thats kind of a stupid question, isn't it? What would any person do who had absolute power? Whether it be Bush, any other Republican, Democrat or any one else for that matter? The fact is, they don't have absolute power. I could tell you what I think would happen if Democrats had absolute power though. We'd all be speaking a foreign language, smoking dope, we'd all be equal when it comes to wealth (meaning none of us would be wealthy), religion would be wiped off the face of the earth, etc etc etc.
    God knows what would happen to the Black/Jewish/Muslim population in this country, because if the democrats had absolute power, they would no longer act like they cared about minorities (after all, they'd no longer need their votes!). Wait, I said "God knows". I'd no longer be able so say "God".
    Oh yeah...forget about rights, forget about all rights. Forget about the constitution as well. If someone had absolute power, we wouldn't need a constitution.
    Thank GOD we live in a country with checks and balances huh.
    I've never heard the democrats bashing religion, they just don't think it should be forced down peoples throats, there is freedom of religion in this country after all. As far as the constitution, the current administration (I won't say all republicans because I don't think they're all radical) has already proved that they want to be able to monitor you constently and throw out the bill of rights.

I don't see democrats trying to make all people of the same economic class, I just see that they're not like some of the republicans I've seen in the country, willing to beat down the poor to make the rich richer and passing laws to do so.

But you're right, if someone had absolute power, they're would be no constitution. I don't think either party is completely right (and anyone who does obviously doesn't know how to think for themselves) but I would much rather be ruled by a democrat than a republican.

I will say this, I'm glad that we have checks and balances, but I don't think it's working to well. It seems that the House of Reps will vote for what's best and what their people want, but the senate seems to be too bound by their own wishes and their party's wishes to make a good vote. I've seen several instances where our whole House (in my state) votes for something that will benefit our state, but the senate just does their own thing and votes against it (that's democrat or republican) and doesn't give a **** what the state wants or what is in the state's interest. The senate seems to be more about benefiting big business (probably because they're ALL getting pay off's), while our house actually considers the affects it will have on the community.

In NC, our whole house voted against CAFTA because they knew that businesses would lay of their employees and move to Central America (a lot already have) leaving thousands and thousands of workers with no jobs, but the senate couldn't care less and voted for it.

How does that seem to work in your state? Have you noticed the same pattern?

It's funny, Hitler, Stalin and Saddam, all defeated by the US and its allies. Of couse we never invaded Russia, we had to win that war the hard way. Were we justified in those wars (especially Iraq) because they had absolute power?
    I think we were justified with Hitler because he was trying to take over all of Europe and killed 6 million people for no reason. It got so big that we had to step in...as far as Iraq, no I don't think it was justified. We can't police every country and there are several other countries with situations far worse than Iraq. Saddam was a bad person and now he's gone, however I hope that since we did go over there and wage war, that in the end we haven't made things worse. There's still a long way to go in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I've never heard the democrats bashing religion, they just don't think it should be forced down peoples throats, there is freedom of religion in this country after all. As far as the constitution, the current administration (I won't say all republicans because I don't think they're all radical) has already proved that they want to be able to monitor you constently and throw out the bill of rights.

I don't see democrats trying to make all people of the same economic class, I just see that they're not like some of the republicans I've seen in the country, willing to beat down the poor to make the rich richer and passing laws to do so.

But you're right, if someone had absolute power, they're would be no constitution. I don't think either party is completely right (and anyone who does obviously doesn't know how to think for themselves) but I would much rather be ruled by a democrat than a republican.

I will say this, I'm glad that we have checks and balances, but I don't think it's working to well. It seems that the House of Reps will vote for what's best and what their people want, but the senate seems to be too bound by their own wishes and their party's wishes to make a good vote. I've seen several instances where our whole House (in my state) votes for something that will benefit our state, but the senate just does their own thing and votes against it (that's democrat or republican) and doesn't give a **** what the state wants or what is in the state's interest. The senate seems to be more about benefiting big business (probably because they're ALL getting pay off's), while our house actually considers the affects it will have on the community.

In NC, our whole house voted against CAFTA because they knew that businesses would lay of their employees and move to Central America (a lot already have) leaving thousands and thousands of workers with no jobs, but the senate couldn't care less and voted for it.

How does that seem to work in your state? Have you noticed the same pattern?
    Button, good points. I don't have too much time to respond, I'll tell you why (once again ;) I think your wrong ;P

As for my state, its a democratic state, they usually don't have much trouble passing bills. What does happen alot though is, we have an initiative process, which is used alot. Someone will come up with an idea, generate petition signatures, the initiative then gets placed on the ballot and voted on. Like I said, the state is ran by democrats so it shouldn't be suprising to you when I say most of the citizen generated initiatives are from conservatives. They would never get on the ballot if left up to the state government.

Button, good points. I don't have too much time to respond, I'll tell you why (once again ;) I think your wrong ;P

As for my state, its a democratic state, they usually don't have much trouble passing bills. What does happen alot though is, we have an initiative process, which is used alot. Someone will come up with an idea, generate petition signatures, the initiative then gets placed on the ballot and voted on. Like I said, the state is ran by democrats so it shouldn't be suprising to you when I say most of the citizen generated initiatives are from conservatives. They would never get on the ballot if left up to the state government.
    I envy you. That's the way it should be. Unless it is extremely immoral, illegal or just way off kilter, if the majority of the people want it, we should get it. I thought that's why we pay these people to run our country.

For the most part I am conservative in my personal life, but that's my personal life and my views should not be forced down other people's throats, that's why I'm a little more liberal in the way I see politics. This country is based on freedom not big business, or certain groups forcing people to not do the things they see as wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I think we were justified with Hitler because he was trying to take over all of Europe and killed 6 million people for no reason. It got so big that we had to step in...as far as Iraq, no I don't think it was justified. We can't police every country and there are several other countries with situations far worse than Iraq. Saddam was a bad person and now he's gone, however I hope that since we did go over there and wage war, that in the end we haven't made things worse. There's still a long way to go in Iraq.
    we didnt beat Hitler, Stalin did :D (really, they put up with a lot more in the war than we had to).
    also, the Soviet Union wasnt beaten by us, it, in a strange way, beat itself to death.
    im my opinion, we could actually be better off if the Soviet Union was still around. who knows, they may be the ones in the middle east right now (not exactly iraq, but you know what i mean).