+ Reply to Thread

Vital Beauty and Swiss Home Shopping?

Just wondered if anyone had any info on vital beauty or Swiss Home shopping and whether they are scams?
    My mother has been sending money away to both (although they have the same addresses) for medicines stating they will cure different health problems etc however I've been made aware that there are certain health scams out there and this may be one of them?
    Any help with previous experiences would be great!:)

Re: Vital Beauty and Swiss Home Shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by lillatino
    Just wondered if anyone had any info on vital beauty or Swiss Home shopping and whether they are scams?
    My mother has been sending money away to both (although they have the same addresses) for medicines stating they will cure different health problems etc however I've been made aware that there are certain health scams out there and this may be one of them?
    Any help with previous experiences would be great!:)
    I've never had any dealings with this company, but I just did a quick google search and from what I read, several people are saying this company sent them a letter stating that they had won various amounts of money in a "prize draw". According to posts I read on anothe rforum, it seems the winning notification also arrives with some kind of brochure and people can order their products, apparently Vital Beauty/Swiss home shopping also say that if you order some products it will help to speed up the process of your "monetary prize".
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

A word of warning to all those people, like my stepfather of 76 years, do not believe these two companies' promises of a cash cheque. My stepfather has bought numerous products from both companies, money he cannot really afford, and the products are absolute rubbish. He has ordered with them so many times with the promise of a substantial cheque that he got hooked on it. I have written to these companies (of course it is a PO Box address) to complain to them about the quality of the goods and cheating an old man by promising him untold wealth. I have not, of course, received a reply to my letter and I did not really think I would. My advice - don't get involved - goods are pricey and absolutely tacky and you will never get a cheque. Oh, I forgot, my stepfather did receive a cheque for 1.50 but it was to be used against his next order.

I have just returned from a visit to my elderly mother in law who has recently lost her husband. She has been receiving mail from these two organisations (one and the same I think) promising her a cash prize and she has received none of course, even though she has bought a number of their products.
    We have advised her not to take any notice and she knows in her heart of heart that it is a scam (she has even written to them asking them to stop sending her mail-to no avail), but everytime she receives a new letter she sits there wondering if there might be a cash prize waiting for her somewhere. She is in the lucky position of not being short of money, but she is still tempted...
    I have just registered her name and address with the Mail Preference Service in an attempt to stop her receiving this mail, but whether this works or not we will have to wait and see.

i got a letter today from vital beauty guess what, i have won 14,500.00 or so i thought. When you read the very small print they use the words grand prize cheque, and super prize cheque. A grand prize cheque is the award of the large sum of money, a super prize cheque which is what i actually won is an award of 1.50 money off vital beauty products. Its a clever little trick of using very similar sounding words hoping you won't make the distiction between the two. They also cleverly tell you if you place an order you will get your prize within two weeks(otherwise you have to wait until the prize draw closes in this case it is june 2008). don't be fooled just bin it....

Hi, my mother died recently and two parcells from the Swiss cottage company arrived after her death, she had paid by cheque, I was so angry at the total rubbish, the quality of the items in the parcells, and the extortionate price she had paid. I contacted the company explaining that she had died and I would like a refund for the estate, they said fine send it back all will be ok, I have just had to contact them again because I have heard nothing, they are now trying to say that she didnt pay for the goods, when her bank statement and the two invoices clearly says that she did, and that I have only sent one item back, I am now waiting for them, holds breath, to ring me back. Where do I go from here, who do I complain to about the absolute rubbish they are sending these older people. People need to be warned about this company, do not buy from them.