+ Reply to Thread

Crystal Wireless Limited job scam

I was recently scammed out of $1000 from an ad I answered from INDEED.COM AND CRYSTAL WIRELESS LIMITED and I would like everyone within ear distance to know about it, and to beware.

I answered the ad for an Administrative Assistant position, paying $25/hour in Manchester, NH. I was contacted, by email, always by email, by a Rose Clarkson (roseclarkson@crystalwireless.com). Her and I spoke back and forth for about 3 weeks. She told me that as part of my new job I would be assisting the Manager in financial dealings, especially if he was unavailable.
    She said that to prove my loyalty they would be testing me. They would be sending me a money order and further instructions. Well, I got 2 money orders delivered FedEx, but were in the wrong names. I wrote her and told her that I was unable to deposit these as the name was incorrect. She told me to throw them away, yes, throw them away, and she would issue a new one.
    Well, this did happen, in the correct name, but it was not a money order but a check. My instructions were to deposit the check in my personal account and wait until it cleared. I did this and within 2 days the funds were available at my bank (TD Bank in Manchester, NH). I was then to keep $150 as payment for my troubles and Western Union $750 to a Jamal Anderson, 540 111th Street, Perri, CA. The WU transaction fee was $40 something.
    I did all of this and the transaction ran smoothly. I emailed Rose Clarkson and never got a reply from her.
    Must to my surprise, dismay, confusion, anger now, when the check finally did the complete clear (this takes 5-10 days Iím told by TDBank, there are Ďinsufficient fundsí from that check.
    Rose Clarkson, of Crystal Wireless, is, of course, no where to be found and I am overdrawn on my account.
    I am unemployed, which is why I was on Indeed.com in the first place. I sold a camera lens and my Bose Radio to make my rent payment this month (December, 2010). My checks are coming in now, each attached with a $15 overdrawn fee and I am out over $1000, so far.
    STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING CRYSTAL WIRELESS. And Iím also not impressed with Indeed.com for running ads for them.
    Seriously, my landlord with now start eviction proceedings and I will have to get rid of my 2 dogs because of all this. It breaks my heart that there are people like that out there, and Iím angry at myself for falling for it.
    I STILL HAVE ALL THE EMAILS TO PROVE THIS
    Sharon T. Knox, Manchester, NH 603.703.6587

Re: Crystal Wireless Limited job scam

Sorry to hear that you lost money to a "cash the fake check" scam but happy that you found scam dot com to post your experience.

As you now know, Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

As you know, whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, immigration, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs.
    Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

Thank you for posting the email address and the email itself from that scammer, making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information and finds your post.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I think the scammers are back on Indeed.com but through MEPjobs.com as Anderson Communications Limited. I applied and got a response back in 5 minutes (very strange) asking me to verify that I meet the qualifications and if I have a home office. The response was signed by a Mark Anderson. I've copied and pasted the response I recieved when I applied for an Administrative Assistant position.

From the desk of the Personnel Manager,

Mark Anderson

Anderson Wireless Limited

Email: markanderson45@ymail.com

Thank you for the application and we are indeed sorry for the late response to your application.

Below are the information required before your application can be considered and granted by the head of human resources manager.

It is of utmost importance to know if you will be able to carry out the below outlined activities.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

{1}Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with internal/external customers.
    {2}Computer experience required (Microsoft Excel a plus).
    {3}Multi-division accounts receivable processing preferred and Funds Handling.
    {4}Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers
    {5}Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills

PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:

{1}Answer and screen incoming calls and inquiries appropriately
    {2}Posting unidentified cash receipts to the correct division, account and invoice
    {3}Prepare expense reports and ensure appropriate reimbursement
    {4}Review and process travel expense vouchers for accountability and proper authorization
    {5}Inputting information into excel spreadsheet for daily balancing of cash
    {6}File completed research and Unidentified Batch Processing at end of day

BRIEF QUESTIONNAIRES:

*Do you have another Job : if yes,Is it a full time Job or a part time Job?
    *Can you dedicate 6 hours daily between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm to the firm?

Fill the below:

Address:
    City,state & zip code
    Phone:

Contact us if you are interested in the job advert placement.

Best Regards,

Mark Anderson

Anderson Wireless Limited

Just got the same response. wonder how they get on these job boards The second I sent the resume, it struck me that i wa sending to the actual person of the name of the company- @ymail.com should have gotten the clue.

Thank you very much for drawing attention to this matter. The job has been removed from MEP Jobs. As to how they get there, these firms move fast and change their names. It's a difficult chase but with your assistance we were able to catch this one sooner than later.

I applied to this guy. Good thing I read here about it. on indeed.com late March 2011.
    Re: Administrative Assistant - Baylor Communication Limited

Sent By:
    "H Clerk" On:Apr 04/11/11 3:20 PM