+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 25

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,196

    Atheism is a lie

    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe. However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim. Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe. The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory. The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang. Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.

    God exist, therefore atheism is a lie.

  2. #2
    hackenslash is offline Destroyer of bad ideas. Smasher of canards. User Rank
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    202

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Don't you ever get tired of repeating the same tired, previously debunked tropes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe.
    Bzzzzzzzzz. Thank you for playing. The atheist claims no such thing. What some atheists claim is that the universe and life can be explained by natural processes, but that is not a feature of atheism, it is a feature of being scientifically literate. Atheism, in and of itself, is nothing more than the rejection of a specific class of claim, regarding the existence of deities.

    Further, evolution explains nothing about the universe, because the instantiation of the cosmos is the remit of cosmology, which is a branch of physics. The arisal of life isn't even described by evolutionary theory, because that is the remit of abiogenesis, a branch of organic chemistry. Evolutionary theory describes only biodiversity.

    However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim.
    Of course there isn't, because that's not a claim that is made by anybody who actually understands the science.

    Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe.
    Nor should it, because it's a different branch of science. Is it possible to be more ignorant?

    The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory.
    I haven't gotten around to reading the book as yet, so I can't actually comment. The idea of multiple cosmic expansions is not original to Hawking, however, and has been posited for a long time as a possible solution to some specificity with regard to the values that particular parameters must fall within if our models are correct.

    The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang.
    Demonstrating that you also don't have the first idea of how probabilities work. When you have a sample set of 1, your probability calculation will always render a solution of 1, because that's how probabilities work. You can't get a higher probability than 1, and you can't get a lower probability from a sample set of 1.

    Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.
    No, they have proposed a possibility. I already explained to you why multiple cosmic expansions is a parsimonious solution, so either you're just being deliberately obtuse, or you're lying for jeebus (again), or you can't hold an idea in your head for five minutes. Which is it?

    God exist,
    And of course, you have evidence to support this ignorant guff, don't you?

    therefore atheism is a lie.
    Category error, so we can add failure to understand logic to the rapidly growing list of things of which you have no understanding. Atheism is not a truth claim, it is the rejection of a particular class of truth claim. In short, you assert that your ridiculous celestial peeping-tom exists, you provide the evidence, or I am under no obligation to do anything other than laugh at your ignorant bollocks.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act - George Orwell

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe. However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim. Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe. The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory. The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang. Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.

    God exist, therefore atheism is a lie.
    Feck, did you copy and paste this from creationist-cliches-r-us?

    Just ... stoopid.

    What hackenslash said. Did you ever respond to the last time I pointed out you are not an expert in probability and your opinions arent supported by experts IN probability? No, I dont think you did. You ignore all the responses to your creationism canards, then a few weeks later repeat them all again.

    See, thats not ignorance. Anyone can be ignorant of facts. You are dishonest, because all the facts hackenslash has explained above you already know. You just ignore it, and repeat nonsense.

    Waste of space.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe. However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim. Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe. The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory. The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang. Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.

    God exist, therefore atheism is a lie.
    An extremely confused post...

    - Theory of evolution has nothing to do with the theory of the origin of the universe. And vice versa.

    - People who believe in evolution are not necessarily atheists.

    - People who believe in a scientific explanation for the origin of the universe are not necessarliy atheists.

    - Atheism is not the only option to the God you happen to believe in

    - The fact that science does not have the answers to everything is no proof of the existance of God.

    - You have no scientific proof of God, so the abscence of absolute scientific proof for other theories is not a valid argument in a "does God exist" discussion.

    That's just a few of the problems with your post...

  5. #5
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe. However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim. Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe.
    Once again you just the shark of logic and honesty with your strawman argument. We must be getting to you.

    First, Not all scientist who acknowledge the theory of Evolution are atheist or agnotic. Ken Miller is a Catholic so, again, your wrong....shocker.

    Second, Science explains how life *****ed after the spark of life with the Theory of Evolution. The theory, no matter how many times you try to misrepresent it, does not address Origins of life or Origins of the Universe.

    The theory of Evolution is extremely well supported by evidence, data and observation. Evolution is a fact and the theory of Evolution is the explanation of that fact via natural causes. It is falsifiable and makes predictions. Unlike Creation or Intelligent Design (Creation made to sound science).

    Again, just so everyone know how dishonest and/or stupid you are, Evolution is the explanation of life after the spark of life. Abiogenesis is the study of how life began...the spark of life....and Cosmology is the study of how the Universe began.

    They are all completely different topics in science. You would know that if you were being honest.

    The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory.
    Hawking is a Physicist and a Mathematician. You are not equipped to wipe the drool from his chin. You neither understand his science or the math behind it. Your argument is nothing more than an argument from incredulity. (Look it up you twit.)

    The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang. Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.
    Hawking's theory is one of only a few for the origins of the universe... and it IS supported by evidence and mathematics. While there is still much to learn, Cnance is pissy because Hawking, personally, rules out the need for a mythical sky fairy.

    [/quote]God exist, therefore atheism is a lie.[/QUOTE]

    AHHHHH....Cnance's favorite logical fallacy. If A does not = C, then B = C.

    Even if science is wrong in all it knows...your default of "God did it" is still unsupported and cannot stand on its own merits as there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE, DATA, TESTING OR PROOF OF YOUR GOD OR BIBLICAL CREATION. NONE.
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 12-23-2010 at 12:39 AM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist claims evolution explains life and the universe. However, there is no scientific study to substantiate that claim. Whereas, evolution has made remarkable progress for explaining the evolution of life, it has made no progress for explaining the origin of the universe. The atheist Stephen Hawking, the worlds most famous physicist and re-known astronomer, has in his 2010 book proposed a multiple universe theory. The problem for scientist is they can't overcome the problem of high levels of probability for explaining the big bang. Therefore, to overcome the problem they have concocted data to make a multiple universe theory work.

    God exist, therefore atheism is a lie.
    nobody is this stupid...troll alert
    'everyone needs a gimmick darling' -Freddie Mercury

  7. #7
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    One more time, in English.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Cnace, you need to stop watching Kirk Cameron videos and kindly return your head up your ass.

  9. #9
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Kirk Cameron is a moron...plain and simple.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    In all these years, he was a theologian, I have never written anything about atheism. Why? Since I am not sure that all atheists. Atheist, declares that there is no God / god, but all have a god. Agnostic simply hate God.

  11. #11
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    What?...you don't make any sense.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by micheljams View Post
    In all these years, he was a theologian, I have never written anything about atheism. Why? Since I am not sure that all atheists. Atheist, declares that there is no God / god, but all have a god. Agnostic simply hate God.
    Honestly you really make no sense.

    Agnostics are usually indifferent and for the most part believe in god and just not the church.

    Unless you worship the church (idol worshipper) than your stament makes no sense at all.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    I remember when I entered high school.

    They asked me my church for the record and I said "I don't have any" That was the year I came out of the closet because South Africa was worst than any Bible belt you can show me.

    Some of the older kids joined the rest in their chant againt this EVIL BOY and during school they would "accidentally" kick my ribs in or try to drown me in the pool during PT. While sometimes the civil ones would sit by me and debate my point of view. I used to like those.

    One day after school the 'other christians' waited for me with a bunch of chains with huge locks on to obviously beat the crap out of me. In the fight I grabbed their chains and jerked it out of their hands. Pumped with adrenalin I ran off to the headmasters office who was too well aware of me.

    As I dumped all the chains on his large oak desk I said "Sir if this is what Christians do to prove their Christianity to the world, then I would rather be anything else but that." He could not answer me. I walked out. The next day he announced that if the oners of those chains are not too yellow they can come and collect it from him.

    Then those same guys wanted to beat me once again because "who gives me the right to snitch on them"

    I might not believe everything Cnance says, but I am not going to ridicule him and make an ar se out of myself in the process by trying to make an ar se out of him. Respect rules. If you cannot respect a fellow human being then you deserve none yourself..

    Sure his reasoning could be wrong. But then I have an opportunity to show him why I think so (if I feel up to it) or to simply open the next window and let this one be at that. If you don't have anything good to say about a person then be logical about it or go post somewhere else.

    I don't care what you stand for but if you do not have civility and respect for other fellow humans, regardless of age race or creed, then you have lost all substance. Then you are a hollow man without substance, rotten at the core, and not really much for anyone to concern themselves about.

    Then I would again say. "I would rather be something other than what HE is." while ignoring those petty posts.

  14. #14
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Really? Have you read this entire thread?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by micheljams View Post
    In all these years, he was a theologian, I have never written anything about atheism. Why? Since I am not sure that all atheists. Atheist, declares that there is no God / god, but all have a god. Agnostic simply hate God.
    You havent made much sense since I saw you the first time. I have a feeling you use a translator or something? No matter.

    The traditional meaning of atheist means someone who does not believe in any specific religious God. But also not against other theists. But as the English language is a live one the meaning of atheist is beginning to change into something else.

    Agnostic's in my understanding believe there is NO god. They rely on their knowledge. So they cannot hate God simply because to them there is nothing to hate.

    I was born Agnostic and turned Christian with the community I was raised in and then I changed to "I don't know?"

    I believe in a God concept but it includes everything you can sense and even think and that everyone is a part of. I can also say there is no god from a practical point of view because even though god is everything it has no practical value. It simply "is"

    Unconditional, god will allow you anything and everything including killing yourself. So there is no right or wrong. There is simply the "isness" which is everything which is also god.

    I can say I used to be an atheist or agnostic until I realized I am god and now I believe in god. :spin2:
    Last edited by eugene66; 02-09-2011 at 02:18 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Atheism is a lie

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Really? Have you read this entire thread?
    I assume you are speaking to me?

    Yes I did and I like your reason. You don't add any of the degrading illogical or emotional stuff. Its purely logical deduction and that makes it powerful.

    Some of the others also have good arguments but then they degrade it with mud slinging remarks. A good solid point made should stand on its own.

    When people begin mud slinging they are sub consciously admitting defeat for whatever reason. Sometimes they are just plain immature by nature, because they haven't matured or grown yet..
    Last edited by eugene66; 02-09-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Americans and Atheism....???
    By ohein56 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM
  2. Atheism is a Scam ! Hallelujah !
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
  3. Atheism and Mass Murder
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
  4. Let's make Atheism a religion!
    By Lord_jag in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
  5. Atheism discussion
    By svcguyhv in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •