http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2010/12...theorists.html

why are conspiracy numb nuts so stupid?

History and the truth

There are some awful books that have been written about the Kennedy assassination and then there are the truly god awful books.

Donald Byron Thomasí spin on the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit easily falls into the latter category. And thatís being kind.

Those who write about American history have a solemn responsibility to do justice to their subject. They hold in their hands the future and fates of millions who will never spend the time or effort to discover what is true and what is not. Yet those same generations, both present and future, will make decisions based upon that history and so it is incumbent upon those who bear the moniker of historian to maintain an unwavering dedication to the truth, whatever that is.

When all is said and done, and the true facts are laid bare, there is really no doubt that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered of J.D. Tippit. In the blink on an eye, Oswald had callously snatched away the life of a dedicated public servant and forever shattered the lives of his wife, children, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, and friends and co-workers who had grown to love and admire him.

The search for the truth about the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit has taken the better part of a lifetime. The rewards have been few but of the highest magnitude. I have no regrets.

It is a shame though to see trash published in the name of scientific research and critical thinking; and I have no intention of idling sitting by when any book treats a subject and living persons I know with such disdain.

Itís hard enough for newcomers to this subject to wade through the voluminous materials available on the Internet or in special collections in an effort to determine the truth for themselves without having to deal with knuckleheads like Thomas who are so wed to their ideology that they canít separate truth from their own self-aggrandizing opinions.

For years we've allowed these ass hole conspiracists to attack the reputations of good men like J.D. Tippett.