+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 1/2 years! =)

4 1/2 years! =)

Its not a huge number to celebrate, but tomorrow (the 18th)

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 and a half years!!!

And....Im only 20, hes 21. We are high school sweethearts. :p

I am excited b/c no one thought wed last this long. if we only had good jobs....wed get married!!! :)

But, I honeslty give him a lot of credit for staying with me this long. He has really changed me for the better and I love him so much for everything.

When I was younger, (13) I was molested by a 22 year old and my Grandma (whom I was EXTREMELY close to, passed away. We shared the SAME Birthday, so I always hated my birthdays! I started doing really bad in school, and I just hated myself. I was VERY suicidal, ended up in a hospital for suicidal teens. It helped GREATLY!!! But, I was TERRIFIED of men! I would not talk to a man unless it was my family members.

In 9th grade, I was a lot better, but the summer of 9th grade was when I just started getting those thoughts again. I know it sounds like I am crazy, but I was also on like 4 different medicines!!! :mad:

Anyway? What does all this have to do with anything? Because I HONESTLY know that if it werent for me and Ryan getting together, I really think I would either be in a mental hospital, or I would be dead. That is how depressed I was for almost 3 years straight.

Everyone thinks the same thing, and everyone said I did a complete 360 turnaround, and I really did. I was, and still am SO thankful and happy to have someone like him in my life.

I know some of you may be saying "Oh, shes just young and in love" but we have both been through a lot in our lives and I think we were "supposeD" to find eachother, you know what I mean?

I dont go to church or anything, but I do thank God EVERYNIGHT for giving me such a wonderful perosn to spend my life with. We really are perfect together. I cant wait to get married and have a family. We are going to be kick butt parents!!! :D

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am finally happy and I am finally secure with my feelings.

Okay, enough boring....sorry. LOL =)
    Heather

Re: 4 1/2 years! =)

I've known probably at least a hundred people with a similar story.
    It's a long, hard road you've come down. Unless people have been there they can never understand. Keep up the good work...life is truly a gift.

Congratulations Heather!!! Your's is an anniversary worth celebrating!

All the best to you and Ryan :)

cheers,
    Paul

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Congratulations, Heather. I met my husband when I was 16, he was almost 21. We married the day after I graduated high school (exactly 2 years after we met), I had just turned 18 two months prior. Last Friday, the 16th we celebrated our 29th anniversary (31 years a couple).

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Congrats, I met my husband when I was 17 and we've been together for 7 years. We waited to get married until I finished college but we're doing great and I don't feel tied down (like all my friends used to tell me).