+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would Jesus accept gays?

I would say that Jesus would love these people, in so much that he would try to be friend and comforter.

However, Jesus as the bible states did not come on the earth to defy or change the law and if you read your bible it clearly states what it thinks of those who "sleep with beasts of the fields and man lay with man and woman lay with woman.

Jesus would have shown compassion, invited them to dinner, healed their afflictions, ministered to their needs but in the end he would have told gay people to abandon their sick deviant way of life for they would not be welcomed into his father's kingdom.

I'm pretty sure by reading the bible that God or Jesus would have not been favorable of the many churches in America that have deleted the references to homosexuality as an abomination or done their own complete re-write to normify sodomy, deviance, sexual perversions or Brokeback Mountain horse sex.

Of course we shall hear from the usual circus of left wing revisionism.

Re: Would Jesus accept gays?

Quote Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
    I would say that Jesus would love these people, in so much that he would try to be friend and comforter.

However, Jesus as the bible states did not come on the earth to defy or change the law and if you read your bible it clearly states what it thinks of those who "sleep with beasts of the fields and man lay with man and woman lay with woman.

Jesus would have shown compassion, invited them to dinner, healed their afflictions, ministered to their needs but in the end he would have told gay people to abandon their sick deviant way of life for they would not be welcomed into his father's kingdom.

I'm pretty sure by reading the bible that God or Jesus would have not been favorable of the many churches in America that have deleted the references to homosexuality as an abomination or done their own complete re-write to normify sodomy, deviance, sexual perversions or Brokeback Mountain horse sex.

Of course we shall hear from the usual circus of left wing revisionism.
    Would Jesus approve of you calling them ***s? Homos?

Would he approve of you calling for them not to be equal in our culture?

Remember???

Let he who be without sin cast the 1st stone....

Meaning, unless you are perfect and sinless, keep shut.
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post

Remember???

Meaning, unless you are perfect and sinless, keep shut.
    Quite right.

Dan, stop trying to justify your personal bigotry. If you're a homophobic bigot, be proud! Shout it out! We won't respect you any less...

Of course not but he wouldn't endorse their pride parades, their teaching it as natural and normal nor their "corrections" to biblical texts.

Would he have endorsed their behavior? Not.

Complete utter bullshit!

As far as I know, one of their "needs" is to be accepted for who & what they are! People, not ***s, or gays or homo's...??? People.

"Not be welcomed into his Fathers kingdom?!" ...Then WHY WERE THEY EVEN BORN?! That's supposedly God at work too!

Sorry, you strike me as homophobic. In that light, I understand your post, as your certainly not a "man of God".

Organized judeo-christian ethic/religion certainly produces hypocrites like no other can!

JMO
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

One quote alone does not change the fact that homosexuality is a deviant lifestyle which the bible states will not grant one access to the Lord's kingdom. If you do not change your ways and rebuke it, you shall be dammed.

Complete utter bullshit!
    You have your opinion but are you going to say the bible is wrong?

First, there is adultery. Adultery in the natural sense is sexual intercourse of a married person with someone other than his or her own spouse. It is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments (Exodus 20:14; I Cor. 6:9, 10). Christ forbids dwelling upon the thoughts, the free play of one's imagination that leads to adultery (Matthew 5:28).

Second, there is fornication, the illicit sex acts of unmarried persons which is likewise forbidden (I Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; Ephesians 5:3).

Then there is homosexuality which likewise is condemned in Scripture. The Apostle Paul, writing by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, declares that homosexuality "shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9; 10). Now Paul does not single out the homosexual as a special offender. He includes fornicators, idolators, adulterers, thieves, covetous persons, drunkards, revilers and extortioners. And then he adds the comment that some of the Christians at Corinth had been delivered from these very practices: "And such were some of you: But ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the spirit of our God" (I Corinthians 6:11).

All of the sins mentioned in this passage are condemned by God, but just as there was hope in Christ for the Corinthians, so is there hope for all of us.

Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.

In the Bible sodomy is a synonym for homosexuality. God spoke plainly on the matter when He said, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel" (Deuteronomy 23:17). The whore and the sodomite are in the same category. A sodomite was not an inhabitant of Sodom nor a descendant of an inhabitant of Sodom, but a man who had given himself to homosexuality, the perverted and unnatural vice for which Sodom was known. Let us look at the passages in question:

But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house around, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
    And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof. (Genesis 19:4-8)
    The Hebrew word for "know" in verse 5 is yada`, a sexual term. It is used frequently to denote sexual intercourse (Genesis 4:1, 17, 25; Matthew 1:24, 25). The message in the context of Genesis 19 is clear.

Lot pled with the men to "do not so wickedly." Homosexuality is wickedness and must be recognized as such else there is no hope for the homosexual who is asking for help to be extricated from his perverted way of life.

"Not be welcomed into his Fathers kingdom?!" ...Then WHY WERE THEY EVEN BORN?! That's supposedly God at work too!
    Is it? or is that what the gay culture wants people to think? If that's normal then all other manors of sick sexual perversion are normal right? Might as well let the pedophiles out of prison now.

Sorry, you strike me as homophobic.
    LOL....and gays are Heterophobic so what's your point?

Next you'll say I'm pedophobic or beastaphobic..this old bull shit excuse to quash dissent against a sick deviancy is worn out to the core.

The Lord would say....I love you brother with all my heart but head me well...you can not serve God and Money or God and lust, chose one or the other and live with the results but come the end of your time you will reap what you have sewn.

Organized judeo-christian ethic/religion certainly produces hypocrites like no other can!
    And the truth be known. "Organized", you mean the bible as it has been known for thousands of years? Some people hate "organized" because it stands against their selfish desires to twist the word of God to serve their selfish aims and so called churches changing the bible or other religious documents to make homosexuality a normality is the height to inspire God's wrath.

In the end, homosexual and leftist groups can't stand being held to account by someone who is not themselves which is why society is so screwed up around the world where what should be right is made wrong and what is deviant is made right.

Though the bible offers enough proof against Homosexuality I guess some of us may end up finding out the hard way.
    Last edited by danrush1966; 12-13-2010 at 10:47 AM.

You have your opinion but are you going to say the bible is wrong?
    Yep, Now, who wrote the bible?

Man or God?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Yep, Now, who wrote the bible?

Man or God?
    Who is re-writing the bible to say a deviant sexual behavior is now something desired by God?

One quote alone does not change the fact that homosexuality is a deviant lifestyle which the bible states will not grant one access to the Lord's kingdom. If you do not change your ways and rebuke it, you shall be dammed.

The bible is an OLD book, written by a bunch of old men, trying to interpret and relay old worn out ideas.

It's a new world.

Get real.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Who is re-writing the bible to say a deviant sexual behavior is now something desired by God?
    A man, just like the one's who wrote it originally.

If God didn't embrace & LOVE gays he/it wouldn't have let them come to be.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

God hates all sin...

It is the reason why NONE of us are perfect.

So you say homosexuals won't get in to heaven?

What about adulturers? Thieves? Liars??? I think you are not reading deep enough into the words of Christ...

The point was, no one, no matter how hard they try can live a perfect life.
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

God hates all sin...
    Please forgive me, but IF there is a God, I don't think he hates anything.

It is the reason why NONE of us are perfect.

So you say homosexuals won't get in to heaven?

What about adulturers? Thieves? Liars??? I think you are not reading deep enough into the words of Christ...

The point was, no one, no matter how hard they try can live a perfect life.
    I agree with the rest of it....

KLH
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Well, the elders or lawmakers of the time (and please note I didn't say god or the bible etc) didn't have the aid of good scientific facts that we do now. Back then, being gay was seen as being "devient", whereas now we know that it is a make up of the brain (or something....hehe, I'm no scientist). Being gay is a birth given way of life, not a choice! Having said that, I hate gays as much as the next homophobic person, but to each their own!

Cheers, Pokey

Sry, I forgot.......as far as Christ goes, if he exists, I think he would love them cos he is said to love everyone.

Cheers, Pokey