+ Reply to Thread

My Ex boy friend's fraudulent act

Hello,

I am Kinjal. I am a US citizen born in New Orleans , Louisana. I am currently in India, Mumbai. I was living with my Boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen in Toronto where I was doing my Bacherlors in Science.

I had $300,000 with me with the help of which I was planning to study medicince. The plan was to study medicine in India with the help of that money.

My boyfriend and me are of Indian Origin. He fooled and wooed me to make investments in canadian bonds in attraction of higher rate of return so that we can take care of our expenses when in India. But since I am a US citizen he told I cannot invest and hence money be trfd in his name so that we can take the advantage of better rates.

Now as planned we move to India and as soon as he we reached India, he changed. He became a spend thrift and started squandering and wasting my Dad's hard earned money on clubbing, drinking & girls. He became a monster and also started abusing me mentally and physically.

I had no choice but to separate but he has my money and is not willing to give it back to me.

I have lost everything including my family, my career. I am in an absolute depressed state of mind.

Please suggest how I can get my money back.

All suggestions invited.

Thanx in advance

Lila Cherian

Re: My Ex boy friend's fraudulent act

That is terrible. What have you done so far? Have you contacted the police? I only ask because the truth is I have no idea what you can do to remedy this, so I would start by going to the police and asking them. I don't know whether they can help you directly, but surely they can direct you to some sort of legal aid.

How long have you been in the relationship? How long have you lived together in that relationship? These are important questions because it may have an affect on whether he is credited as your partner and so partly entitled to your money at all (in a legal sense, obviously in a moral sense he has no right).

I would go to the police and report to them exactly what has happened, and see what they recommend. I don't know if anyone here can really help you out.

Best of luck getting your money back...
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjalsh_1984
    Hello,

I am Kinjal. I am a US citizen born in New Orleans , Louisana. I am currently in India, Mumbai. I was living with my Boyfriend who is a Canadian citizen in Toronto where I was doing my Bacherlors in Science.

I had $300,000 with me with the help of which I was planning to study medicince. The plan was to study medicine in India with the help of that money.

My boyfriend and me are of Indian Origin. He fooled and wooed me to make investments in canadian bonds in attraction of higher rate of return so that we can take care of our expenses when in India. But since I am a US citizen he told I cannot invest and hence money be trfd in his name so that we can take the advantage of better rates.

Now as planned we move to India and as soon as he we reached India, he changed. He became a spend thrift and started squandering and wasting my Dad's hard earned money on clubbing, drinking & girls. He became a monster and also started abusing me mentally and physically.

I had no choice but to separate but he has my money and is not willing to give it back to me.

I have lost everything including my family, my career. I am in an absolute depressed state of mind.

All suggestions invited.

Thanx in advance

Lila Cherian
    Hi Lila,

Your ex-boyfriend sounds like a professional conman, looks like he sought you out to dupe you from the beginning.

Anyway, I am not a lawyer, but, your first port of call should be the Police. If you have not yet contacted them, you should do so immediately. As hard as it may be for you to want to contact them, they may be the only ones that can really help you at the moment. You need to contact them first and foremost. When you do contact them, they will need to know a few things, here's a few I can think of:

Can you prove this money is yours? Have you got proof of transferring the money to his account? etc

Can you prove that your boyfriend physically abused you?
    Are there any witnesses to any of this?

Proof that you wanted to use the money for your education?

If there is anything else you can tell them about your boyfriend, it would be helpful for them. Also, the Police may be able to point you in the right direction with regards to a legal representative.

Here are some links that may be of use to you:

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/foreign...es_desc-en.asp

India - Mumbai (Formerly Bombay)
    Consulate General of Canada
    Address:
    6th floor, Fort House, 221 Dr. D.N. Road, Mumbai, 400 001

Tel.:
    91 (22) 6749 4444

Fax:
    91 (22) 6749 4454

E-Mail:
    mmbai@international.gc.ca

From (other contacts and links available from the source): http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/foreign...entview-en.asp

Since, you're a U.S. citizen, it is also worth getting some advice from a U.S. based law firm and reporting the crime at the FBI website http://www.ic3.gov.

In order to identify this crime on the above website when you report the crime and criminal, I would classify it as a business opportunity scheme, which was presented to you as "investments in canadian bonds in order to attract a higher rate of return on your investment".

They have a Frequently Asked Questions link too ---> http://www.ic3.gov/faq/

Since this crime has passed through a few countries. Another useful link is the Interpol (International Police Website) ---> http://www.interpol.int/

Interpol also have some useful USA links at the end of this page ---> http://www.interpol.int/Public/Links/PolJust.asp#usa

Hopefully you can get a resolution to this crime and recover your money.

Good luck.:)

P.S. If any of the above links do not work when you click on them, then use the right click on your mouse and see if you can open the link in a new window.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjalsh_1984
    Hello,

All suggestions invited.

Thanx in advance

Lila Cherian
    You say at first that you are US citizen and born in new orleans, USA. Then you say in paragraph 3, that you are of Indian origin.
    Since you say two different things, it makes me question your credibility
    Last edited by spinedoc; 06-19-2006 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoc
    You say at first that you are US citizen and born in new orleans, USA. Then you say in paragraph 3, that you are of Indian origin.
    Since you say two different things, it makes me question your credibility
    From my understanding of what she has explained in her post, she is an American citizen (born in the USA), she is of Indian origin (forefathers originated from India), her ex-boyfriend is Canadian born, but of Indian origin just like herself.

When a she says "origin", it means if you traced her roots back in history her country of origin is India before immigration to the USA.

Hope this helps.

Secondly, on questioning her credibility, how would she benefit on scam.com from saying she was defrauded?

As surprising as it may seem, people get duped out of their hard earned cash like this very often. Some people just don't talk about it because it is embarrasing, and some people just forget about the money and do nothing because they don't know what to do.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

This doesn't sound like some sort of elaborate scam, it sounds like a simple case of you having an abusive boyfriend who is also a common thief.

So call the police. There are many battered women's shelters in Canada.

First thing I would do is contact the American Consulate. Advise them what is going on, they will contact the Canadian Consulate; they may get him deported as well as other measures.

Hi,

Thanx for all this valuable information. I hope to try this FBI website you gave.

Thanx for all the help.

Your ex-boyfriend sounds like a professional conman, looks like he sought you out to dupe you from the beginning.

Anyway, I am not a lawyer, but, your first port of call should be the Police. If you have not yet contacted them, you should do so immediately. As hard as it may be for you to want to contact them, they may be the only ones that can really help you at the moment. You need to contact them first and foremost. When you do contact them, they will need to know a few things, here's a few I can think of:

Can you prove this money is yours? Have you got proof of transferring the money to his account? etc

Can you prove that your boyfriend physically abused you?
    Are there any witnesses to any of this?

Proof that you wanted to use the money for your education?

If there is anything else you can tell them about your boyfriend, it would be helpful for them. Also, the Police may be able to point you in the right direction with regards to a legal representative.

Here are some links that may be of use to you:

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/foreign...es_desc-en.asp

India - Mumbai (Formerly Bombay)
    Consulate General of Canada
    Address:
    6th floor, Fort House, 221 Dr. D.N. Road, Mumbai, 400 001

Tel.:
    91 (22) 6749 4444

Fax:
    91 (22) 6749 4454

E-Mail:
    mmbai@international.gc.ca

From (other contacts and links available from the source): http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/foreign...entview-en.asp

Since, you're a U.S. citizen, it is also worth getting some advice from a U.S. based law firm and reporting the crime at the FBI website http://www.ic3.gov.

In order to identify this crime on the above website when you report the crime and criminal, I would classify it as a business opportunity scheme, which was presented to you as "investments in canadian bonds in order to attract a higher rate of return on your investment".

They have a Frequently Asked Questions link too ---> http://www.ic3.gov/faq/

Since this crime has passed through a few countries. Another useful link is the Interpol (International Police Website) ---> http://www.interpol.int/

Interpol also have some useful USA links at the end of this page ---> http://www.interpol.int/Public/Links/PolJust.asp#usa

Hopefully you can get a resolution to this crime and recover your money.

Good luck.:)

P.S. If any of the above links do not work when you click on them, then use the right click on your mouse and see if you can open the link in a new window.[/QUOTE]

hi,

Thanx for that clarification about my status.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanx

Take him to court COURT

You are not alone, many marriages and relationships end up with people not just losing money but being in debt.
    The sad fact is you shouldn't trust anyone with your money even your mother, brother or husband :cool: :confused:
    Im coming over with the stolen Karaoke machine.:rain:
    Do you want somebody to love do you need somebody to love.:rasta: