+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    You disappoint me, Lord jag, usually you do a better job reading my posting. If you notice, I just laid the most important reason for God being disinterested in human affairs.

Contrary to what Christians say, he doesn't give dam. That kind of fits with you impressions that God is cruel and inhumane.

It's because we aren't part of his original design for paradise. Skip that notion you have that he is responsible for every act, evil or not, because He's God. Afford him some human qualities, just for the sake of argument, which is to say God has a personality.

The for understanding the fate of humankind is that humans don't like god.

Now, go back and read my posting, or don't, it doesn't really matter.
    No I agree that God doesn't give a damn about humans, so would he bother interacting in any way at all except to do evil?

Sure so he got bored and left us alone for a while. Yay.

It doesn't discount that every story ever written about his interaction shows him doing or endorsing evil in some manor.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    No I agree that God doesn't give a damn about humans, so would he bother interacting in any way at all except to do evil?

Sure so he got bored and left us alone for a while. Yay.

It doesn't discount that every story ever written about his interaction shows him doing or endorsing evil in some manor.
    You have a one track mind. God is evil, God is evil!!!!!

Let's back to how we can say that. We have brains, culture, and experiences to tell us good from bad, that's part of our e v o l u t i o n. I hate this requirement. Is that from God, no it's our cultural experience. That, for the most part, is based on human choices. We determine what is good and evil based on our development. At one point God intervened and provided a moral code for those choices.

If God were truly evil, why doesn't He destroy us. That is what Satan would Do. Instead of destroying us, God has allowed us to be free. Yes, free to do what we want. Thus, we have an historical record of human societies, pillaging, slaughtering, oppressing, etc,. not an exemplary record. Don't blame it on God.

I know your response. God created all creatures. therefore, if evil exists, God is responsible and hence God is evil. At this point we can never have an objective discussion of God. Your circular argument always comes to the same conclusion.

Let's back to how we can say that. We have brains, culture, and experiences to tell us good from bad, that's part of our e v o l u t i o n. I hate this requirement. Is that from God, no it's our cultural experience. That, for the most part, is based on human choices. We determine what is good and evil based on our development. At one point God intervened and provided a moral code for those choices. (evidence?)

If God were truly evil, why doesn't He destroy us. That is what Satan would Do. Instead of destroying us, God has allowed us to be free. Yes, free to do what we want. Thus, we have an historical record of human societies, pillaging, slaughtering, oppressing, etc,. not an exemplary record. Don't blame it on God.

I know your response. God created all creatures. therefore, if evil exists, God is responsible and hence God is evil. At this point we can never have an objective discussion of God. Your circular argument always comes to the same conclusion.
    Theres nothing moral about humanity. We are entirely the same as any other life on this planet. We have not had something special done to us, inserted into us, by someone something greater.

We are social animals, like many species, and we have ev0lved down that path to a point where we have developed fairly complex cultural rules. But they are only marginally more complex than those of other apes or pack animals. Our cultures are more nuanced than other species, but just a progression. Thats all.

Our "morals" exist because they benefit us, as a pack of animals. There is no good and evil, really. An alien species landing here for a snack will likely have entirely different "morals" than us, yet be more advanced. Whos god gave them their special moral certainty? We would likely be slaughtered, vaccum-packed and shoved in cold storage on their space ships without a peep from anyones gods.

Well it's pretty hard to think differently when you've read the bible... You might want to try that.
    Let's back to how we can say that. We have brains, culture, and experiences to tell us good from bad, that's part of our e v o l u t i o n. I hate this requirement. Is that from God, no it's our cultural experience. That, for the most part, is based on human choices. We determine what is good and evil based on our development. At one point God intervened and provided a moral code for those choices.
    You were almost there. We determine what is good and evil based on our development and that is the BASIS for our moral code. No God required.
    Well two reasons. God has far more fun tormenting and torturing us. If he destroyed us he would have nothing to torment. The bad boy burning ants with a magnifier glass will find no joy putting out an ant poison trap and killing them all.

The other reason he doesn't actually destroy us is that he's fictional.

Again, how can you give God credit for all the creation but stop short of ownership for how he created? Everything in the historical record is all Gods fault. He took action with full knowledge of what his actions would do. How could that NOT be all his fault?
    That's because God couldn't possibly be anything but evil based on the stories based in the bible.

It's not a circular argument. Look here:

1) God created.
    2) God's creation contains Evil.
    3) God's actions are Evil.
    4) God's reactions to his screwed up creation are pure Evil.
    5) Therefore God is Evil.

It's a dependence argument. God doesn't have to be evil to create... He just is in this instance.

God doesn't have to be evil to create... He just is in this instance.
    Indeed.

Luckily he isnt real. Sadly his followers are, cos its people who do the damage not the fictional character.

He doesn't heal them cuz they just can't 'get up off the mat" lmao.
    Signature back in one week

Well it's pretty hard to think differently when you've read the bible... You might want to try that.

You were almost there. We determine what is good and evil based on our development and that is the BASIS for our moral code. No God required.

Well two reasons. God has far more fun tormenting and torturing us. If he destroyed us he would have nothing to torment. The bad boy burning ants with a magnifier glass will find no joy putting out an ant poison trap and killing them all.

The other reason he doesn't actually destroy us is that he's fictional.

Again, how can you give God credit for all the creation but stop short of ownership for how he created? Everything in the historical record is all Gods fault. He took action with full knowledge of what his actions would do. How could that NOT be all his fault?

That's because God couldn't possibly be anything but evil based on the stories based in the bible.

It's not a circular argument. Look here:

1) God created.
    2) God's creation contains Evil.
    3) God's actions are Evil.
    4) God's reactions to his screwed up creation are pure Evil.
    5) Therefore God is Evil.

It's a dependence argument. God doesn't have to be evil to create... He just is in this instance.
    No, I don't buy it. Facts are against you. History clearly shows human's evil acts. Who pulls the trigger to kill, who released atom bombs over Japan, who lies, who fills prisons, etc? Not God, those are human beings. Don't blame God for humans' evil acts.

As for the argument that Christians are the evil ones. Check criminal records, crime is an equal opportunity activity, all kinds, believers and nonbelievers, commit crimes. With or without religion, we would have crime, war, genocide, etc. Can you blame God for not wanting anything to do with humans? Most of what passes for "goodness" is in books and movies, or fairy tales. I know you'll turn that around, the old fairy tale bible. Don't blame the Bible for evil. Blame people who commit evil acts.
    Last edited by Cnance; 12-18-2010 at 08:56 AM.

No, I don't buy it. Facts are against you. History clearly shows human's evil acts. Who pulls the trigger to kill,
    Man did. Who gave man the ability to invent weapons?
    who released atom bombs over Japan,
    Man did. Who left uranium lying around where we could find it?
    who lies,
    Man does. Who gave man the ability to lie?
    who fills prisons,
    Man does. Who gives man the ability and circumstances with which they are enabled to do criminal acts?
    etc? Not God, those are human beings.
    Made by God with full knowledge that they would act exactly the way they were intended to.
    Don't blame God for humans' evil acts.
    Why not? It's his fault he did such a poor job at creation.

As for the argument that Christians are the evil ones. Check criminal records, crime is an equal opportunity activity, all kinds, believers and nonbelievers, commit crimes. With or without religion, we would have crime, war, genocide, etc.
    Sure there will always be some... We just have far more and an easy excuse when we add religion.
    Can you blame God for not wanting anything to do with humans?
    Damn straight I can. He turns his back on his creation just because he did a piss poor job of creating/managing us? What a cop out.
    Most of what passes for "goodness" is in books and movies, or fairy tales. I know you'll turn that around, the old fairy tale bible. Don't blame the Bible for evil. Blame people who commit evil acts.
    How could I blame the bible? It's an inanimate object. I blame the writers of the fiction book for such a poor job of creating a deity and all the people who don't bother reading it and worship instead.

Who gave man the ability to invent weapons?

Evolution!

Who left uranium lying around where we could find it?

Nature!

Who gave man the ability to lie?

Himself, and his insatiable need to be right!

Who gives man the ability and circumstances with which they are enabled to do criminal acts?

Himsef, and his lust for that which he does not deserve.

We just have far more and an easy excuse when we add religion.

Exactly! god has always been an excuse for man's lack of intelligence.

...and to answer the OP, he can't! Because that would require absolute proof of his existence and we all know, to have a god requires not one shred of evidence!

Cheers, Pokey

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
    .Who gave man the ability to invent weapons?

Evolution!
    And who in the bible gave man the ability to *****e?
    Who left uranium lying around where we could find it?

Nature!
    And who in the bible created Uranium?
    Who gave man the ability to lie?

Himself, and his insatiable need to be right!
    Try again...
    And who in the bible gave men the ability to lie and the need to be right?
    Who gives man the ability and circumstances with which they are enabled to do criminal acts?

Himsef, and his lust for that which he does not deserve.
    Try again
    And who in the bible gave man all his abilities, lusts and desires?
    We just have far more and an easy excuse when we add religion.

Exactly! god has always been an excuse for man's lack of intelligence.
    Yep! But at least man has the excuse of ignorance... God is supposed to be all knowing.

God is supposed to be all knowing.
    So by that reckoning, god "knew" that he would be the cause of millions of deaths and terrorist acts and STILL, he remains silent? What a wonderful god you have.

Cheers, Pokey

So by that reckoning, god "knew" that he would be the cause of millions of deaths and terrorist acts and STILL, he remains silent? What a wonderful god you have.

Cheers, Pokey
    With all of this marvelous wisdom, you both can wright the wrongs.

Wait, I forgot, you have no power, no glory, and no Holiness. However, you can judge and condemn God. Sounds like science fiction.

I have a summary statement for you.

God is Holy and you are not.

With all of this marvelous wisdom, you both can wright the wrongs.

Wait, I forgot, you have no power, no glory, and no Holiness. However, you can judge and condemn God. Sounds like science fiction.

I have a summary statement for you.

God is Holy and you are not.
    I don't judge anyone m8! I simply don't believe in a god. If you do, then fine, that's up to you.

Cheers, Pokey

I don't judge anyone m8! I simply don't believe in a god. If you do, then fine, that's up to you.

Cheers, Pokey
    Sorry, it's because of Lord jag, my sterling adversary. He is stubborn, always sticking with the script.

I know most of you don't believe in God. I am certain you don't judge anyone. I don't either. I believe only God can do that, but the problem is if you don't believe in God it becomes a human thing. I think the moral question originated with God. The first moral question being Satan's right to oppose God.
    Last edited by Cnance; 12-19-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Sorry, it's because of Lord jag, my sterling adversary. He is a stubborn, always sticking with the script.

I know most of you don't believe in God. I am certain you don't judge anyone. I don't either. I believe only God can do that, but the problem is if you don't believe in God it becomes a human thing. I think the moral question originated with God. The first moral question being Satan's right oppose God.

Sure, well, I don't "blindly" disbelieve in god. Nor do I condem anything I don't believe exists. If god or jesus showed up at my door step tomorrow, I would be the first to shake their hand and appologise. But 40 or so years of interest in world wide affairs have lead me to my beliefs and I believe that I answered the OP in my first post in this thread.

Cheers, Pokey

Sure, well, I don't "blindly" disbelieve in god. Nor do I condem anything I don't believe exists. If god or jesus showed up at my door step tomorrow, I would be the first to shake their hand and appologise. But 40 or so years of interest in world wide affairs have lead me to my beliefs and I believe that I answered the OP in my first post in this thread.

Cheers, Pokey
    This get's complicated. I don't blindly believe in Jesus. I believe Jesus was God, not His son. I believe Revelation 11 describes the death of Jesus (God, two witnesses.). therefore, I do not accept "Christian" morality." I mostly believe in the Old Testament. Lord jag believes in nothing, which has resulted on our continual debate. It reminds me of a Star Trek series, do you remember, the two adversaries locked in mortal combat in space for all eternity?
    Last edited by Cnance; 12-19-2010 at 11:20 AM.