+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 193 to 208 of 213

  1. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thistle
    You are a "student" of evolution? Yet you start a new thread claiming evolution hasnt been able to explain "the origin of the universe"?

    You cant be a student of something if you dont even understand the meaning of the word!
    Instead of insulting me, why don't you explain the origin of the universe. I have always been a student. To date, there is no scientific explanation for the origin of the universe.

    It science can't explain it, then, God did it.
    I wasnt insulting you, I was making a perfectly reasonable point - you claim to be a student of evolution but you dont understand what it is, even though this point ha been made many times - to YOU, here.

    Anyway, to your point: if science can't explain it, then god did it.

    Science has not finished. It isnt complete. Science continues to discover, every single day. 100 years ago, before scientists discovered penicillin, you'd have claimed infections were what god wanted. Thousands of years ago noone knew where the sun went to at night, where the rain came from etc. All down to various gods.

    If science cant (YET) explain it, then no, it wasnt god who did it. Thats just, frankly, idiotic.

    Saying god did it wont explain anything. Science, given time, will.

  2. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    My comment must have struck a nerve, for you to answer the same point twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thistle
    You are a "student" of evolution? Yet you start a new thread claiming evolution hasnt been able to explain "the origin of the universe"?

    You cant be a student of something if you dont even understand the meaning of the word!
    Well, enlighten me, explain the origin of the universe according to natural causes. I am willing to bet a million dollars that you will never do it.
    I am willing to bet a million dollars that you cannot explain evolution off the top of your head, so thats hardly proof of anything, is it? Because you, or I, do not have the required knowledge to explain something complex does not mean "god did it".

    You must surely see that?

    Pick any area of science, and you will find we (man) can explain only a small part of it. Physics, biology, astronomy ... we continue to discover more, but we are scratching the surface. So the stuff we have YET to explain, but which in 100 years we will have explained ... you must think "god did it", while knowing full well if you lived another 100 years you would be shown to be wrong.

    If you were able to live long enough, and assuming man survives long enough to discover everything there is to discover about the universe, you would be proved wrong about "god did it" with regard to the universe itself. Logic says so.

  3. #195
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I get it, if I don't believe your BS, I'm stupid, if I don't do as you atheist pigs say, I am an idiot. Oh Yes, I forgot, I am dishonest if I don't believe everything you say. Your making a big mistake if you think you can brainwash me.
    No, you're ignorant and dishonest. CMB is positive proof of the Big Bang....as is the fact the Universe is expanding. What proof have you of your, or any, supernatural cause?

    Your belief is nothing more that personal incredulity. You can't even participate in this debate because you don't bring any evidence to support your position.

    I've the perfect argument for refuting atheist. God did it. I thought you like that. It's one of your favorite sayings, right?
    No, what you have is an excuse...An excuse to not want to learn...an excuse to hide your laziness to learn. "God did it" is an excuse, not a position. It's intellectually flawed.

    Well, the facts are that science is light years (several trillion squared) from ever understanding how the universe came about. Atheist could however transcend that problem by accepting the fact that God did it.
    No, that's not a fact...that's wishful thinking on your part. Fact is, science is close...within 50 years of explaining the origins of the universe.

    ...accepting the fact that God did it
    . Yeah, like Noah's Ark, the Great Flood, 6000yo earth, 6 day creation...parting the Red Sea....blah...blah....blah...

    Furthermore, as I and others have pointed out OVER AND OVER...you're committing a logical fallacy.

    Your assumption that is Science is wrong, then God did it. What proof do you have that there is no other cause other than God. How about Aliens, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster...or any other gods?

    Complete FAIL.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  4. #196
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Sorry, have you got the news? Your Bi-Polar. That's too bad, and you were such a likable fellow.
    Wow! There's your school ground come-back again! "I know you are but what am I!!!"

    The only thing you're missing is "Neener neener neener!"

    When I suggested you go back to grade school this isn't what I meant. You need to learn reading comprehension.

    I'm still waiting to hear what the "Two parts of an atom" are or how I can hate a being that doesn't exist.

    But we both know you won't or can't read this and form a real answer.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  5. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    You are a "student" of evolution? Yet you start a new thread claiming evolution hasnt been able to explain "the origin of the universe"?

    You cant be a student of something if you dont even understand the meaning of the word!
    Why don't you stick with the topic. All of you atheist simple go crazy, you can't handle a straight question or a straight answer.

    The issue is the origin of the universe, not whether or not I am student. We're all students. Isn't that right. We never stop learning, but that doesn't mean we're stupid.

    Do you mean I am not learning atheist propaganda? Actually, you have nothing to offer. There is no natural cause explanation for the beginning of the universe, just a lot of BS theories like "multiple universe" and "there is no clear understanding of a beginning," and other BS arguments.

  6. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Why don't you stick with the topic. All of you atheist simple go crazy, you can't handle a straight question or a straight answer.

    The issue is the origin of the universe, not whether or not I am student. We're all students. Isn't that right. We never stop learning, but that doesn't mean we're stupid.

    Do you mean I am not learning atheist propaganda? Actually, you have nothing to offer. There is no natural cause explanation for the beginning of the universe, just a lot of BS theories like "multiple universe" and "there is no clear understanding of a beginning," and other BS arguments.
    I think thats the third time youve replied to that single post by me. Each one different, each one making no real sense.

    Science is not atheist propaganda.

    • The scientific study of evolution, ie biology and changes in inherited traits of populations, is not atheist propaganda.
    • The scientific study of Abiogenesis, how life arises from inanimatematter through natural processes, is not atheist propaganda.
    Scientists with religious beliefs can and do work in all fields of science.

    The point is YOU keep trying to associate evolution with abiogenesis. Noone has ever claimed evolution explains the origin of life, just changes in living populations.

    Get it?

  7. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance
    There is no natural cause explanation for the beginning of the universe, just a lot of BS theories like "multiple universe" and "there is no clear understanding of a beginning," and other BS arguments.
    And, sorry, where do YOU get off claiming all scientific theories YOU dont like are necessarily "BS"?

    Who says? You? You admit youre not a scientist. Do you claim that cutting edge scientific theories in quantum physics or medical sciences are also BS, because you dont get them?

    No, of course not. They dont challenge your existing narrow religious beliefs. Sorry, scientific theories do not concern themselves with avoiding hurting theists feelings. Real scientists, theists many of them, will look at the evidence and not let their beliefs affect their judgement.

    Science cannot take the supernatural into account ... otherwise it would not be science. And we would be living in a much less advanced, and much more violent, society.

  8. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    And, sorry, where do YOU get off claiming all scientific theories YOU dont like are necessarily "BS"?

    Who says? You? You admit youre not a scientist. Do you claim that cutting edge scientific theories in quantum physics or medical sciences are also BS, because you don't get them?

    No, of course not. They dont challenge your existing narrow religious beliefs. Sorry, scientific theories do not concern themselves with avoiding hurting theists feelings. Real scientists, theists many of them, will look at the evidence and not let their beliefs affect their judgement.

    Science cannot take the supernatural into account ... otherwise it would not be science. And we would be living in a much less advanced, and much more violent, society.
    Again, your stereotyping me. All of you atheist love to do that, it makes your arguments more reasonable. Where have I ever said I don't respect science. Every time I go to the doctor I have respect for science, every time I drive my automobile I have respect for science, etc. So you see I am not an ignoramus like you and Lord jag claim.

    I don't think you people will ever get it, but one more time here it is. My basic argument (read my postings) is that God created the universe from a flawless design. It was so good that there has been nothing left for him to do. Kind of like one of those Swiss watches that is guaranteed to last for ever, sorry now we have quartz watches that last forever. Well, you will say, how come things on earth are going south. Well, God's not responsible for human choices. Well, you will say, how dare he make life unfair. Well, if you read the Bible, you would recall the story of Adam and Eve. I believe that is the best account of what happened, except it happened during the time of the dinosaurs. What we are is not what God intended. We are bad outcome, etc.

  9. #201
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Well, if you read the Bible, you would recall the story of Adam and Eve. I believe that is the best account of what happened, except it happened during the time of the dinosaurs.
    big sigh....
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  10. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    big sigh....
    Try it some time, looking at the other side of an argument.

  11. #203
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Again, your stereotyping me. All of you atheist love to do that,
    HOLY HYPOCRITE BATMAN!

    That statement is the definition of hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    it makes your arguments more reasonable.
    Sure it does.... not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Where have I ever said I don't respect science.
    Every time you come in with some ridiculous theory that has no basis in reality you SHOW how you have no respect for science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Every time I go to the doctor I have respect for science, every time I drive my automobile I have respect for science, etc.
    And that lasts as long as you don't have your bible handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    So you see I am not an ignoramus like you and Lord jag claim.
    Oh we can see all right... and we can also see your allergic to telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I don't think you people will ever get it, but one more time here it is. My basic argument (read my postings) is that God created the universe from a flawless design. It was so good that there has been nothing left for him to do. Kind of like one of those Swiss watches that is guaranteed to last for ever, sorry now we have quartz watches that last forever. Well, you will say, how come things on earth are going south. Well, God's not responsible for human choices. Well, you will say, how dare he make life unfair. Well, if you read the Bible, you would recall the story of Adam and Eve. I believe that is the best account of what happened, except it happened during the time of the dinosaurs. What we are is not what God intended. We are bad outcome, etc.
    Oh... you're still a long way from the 10,000 required repetitions before it's real... keep at it.. if you say it enough times it might become real!
    Last edited by Lord_jag; 12-31-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  12. #204
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Try it some time, looking at the other side of an argument.
    That's hard to do without bursting out laughing that someone actually believes it.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  13. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    That's hard to do without bursting out laughing that someone actually believes it.
    \

    Obviously, you've never done it.

    Read it and weep. Science will never prove the universe came form natural causes.
    Last edited by Cnance; 12-31-2010 at 07:05 PM.

  14. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Again, your stereotyping me. All of you atheist love to do that, it makes your arguments more reasonable. Where have I ever said I don't respect science. Every time I go to the doctor I have respect for science, every time I drive my automobile I have respect for science, etc. So you see I am not an ignoramus like you and Lord jag claim.
    You dont respect science - you dismiss it when it conflicts with your personal narrow religious beliefs. The fact you go to the doctor or drive a car shows that hypocrisy - you will dismiss certain science, where its ideological to you, and the science is not yet settled.

    Your & other religious people's list of things that were down to god recedes every single year. In 100 years, how many more things? In a thousand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I don't think you people will ever get it, but one more time here it is. My basic argument (read my postings) is that God created the universe from a flawless design. It was so good that there has been nothing left for him to do. Kind of like one of those Swiss watches that is guaranteed to last for ever, sorry now we have quartz watches that last forever. Well, you will say, how come things on earth are going south. Well, God's not responsible for human choices. Well, you will say, how dare he make life unfair. Well, if you read the Bible, you would recall the story of Adam and Eve. I believe that is the best account of what happened, except it happened during the time of the dinosaurs. What we are is not what God intended. We are bad outcome, etc.
    Lovely. But utterly utterly completely no shred of evidence for any of that. And despite what you say, because you dont understand it, the evidence there is suggests natural universe.

  15. #207
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Try it some time, looking at the other side of an argument.
    At what? What is it you can offer as evidence? Just one thing....
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  16. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    At what? What is it you can offer as evidence? Just one thing....
    It's a stand off. You have no evidence for the origin of the universe from natural causes and I have no evidence for God.

    Don't boast until you have evidence.

Similar Threads

  1. Paul: ONLY Candidate Who Can Heal & Unite America
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
  2. GOP/Bush Depression Not Going To Heal Anytime Soon
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 03:10 AM
  3. Heal Zoo?!?!
    By Pryceless in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. Heal The Money System - Heal Society
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
  5. Why god' wont heal amputees....
    By enlightenment in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •