+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 213

  1. #1
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Why won't God heal amputee's?

    I remember this thread from before, but I never saw a satisfactory answer.

    Anyone who prays to god has a chance that he will come and heal their affliction on Earth whether it be cancer or necrosis or the flu.

    Why is it that God hates amputees and will only give them back their limb once they die? Why won't he heal their living bodies?

    Is it beyond his power? Why does he heal everyone EXCEPT amputees?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    I remember this thread from before, but I never saw a satisfactory answer.

    Anyone who prays to god has a chance that he will come and heal their affliction on Earth whether it be cancer or necrosis or the flu.

    Why is it that God hates amputees and will only give them back their limb once they die? Why won't he heal their living bodies?

    Is it beyond his power? Why does he heal everyone EXCEPT amputees?
    Probably because fake healers can't prove their claims. I don't believe anyone can heal by pray or laying of hands. When you claim to heal based on little or no medical evidence, you can get away with it. There is no ambiguity for amputee healing. You either see it or you don't. Since you can see there is no new limb, there can be no claim.

    I have been following this business for some time. There is a pray, hands on healer in my community. Cases where she has claimed success are in the ambiguous category. Doctors say it's possible, but not likely, or medical science cannot explain it. When the doctor is unable to explain it, the healer claims success.

    Amputees is the true test. If they can heal other afflictions, why not amputees?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    G!d is spirit, principle...not a he, not an entity.

    G!d doesn't heal anything.

    Folks can pray and change their attitude, change their outlook which benefits their immune system rather than taxing it with stress.
    absolutely useless response. it's not hard to see how you could be so gullible to be an MLM advocate with these reasoning skills of yours

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    I remember this thread from before, but I never saw a satisfactory answer.

    Anyone who prays to god has a chance that he will come and heal their affliction on Earth whether it be cancer or necrosis or the flu.

    Why is it that God hates amputees and will only give them back their limb once they die? Why won't he heal their living bodies?

    Is it beyond his power? Why does he heal everyone EXCEPT amputees?
    I'm assuming you were looking for answers from the religious folk here...you seriously want to get into another series of circular arguments and frustration??

    To get a meaningful response, I would suggest checking out the darwin awards forums or dawkins'. You'll find plenty of thought provoking and intellectual discussions there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by spovat View Post
    I'm assuming you were looking for answers from the religious folk here...you seriously want to get into another series of circular arguments and frustration??

    To get a meaningful response, I would suggest checking out the darwin awards forums or dawkins'. You'll find plenty of thought provoking and intellectual discussions there.
    yes, it is impossible to prove god with thought!? it is possible to experience/prove god without thought!? it is also possible to cancel thought with thought!? therefore it is only required to allow the canceling of thought to experience/know god!? the only question for each individual is.......when!? or, how do i know i am thinking!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,298

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    G!d is spirit, principle...not a he, not an entity.

    G!d doesn't heal anything.

    Folks can pray and change their attitude, change their outlook which benefits their immune system rather than taxing it with stress.
    Do you think if an amputee rubbed some of that cactus juice you're peddling on his stump that he might sprout a new limb?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    eggzactly....we ain't lizards or tadpoles....

    Although with stem cell resarch...who knows what the future will bring.

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0212161808.htm
    Very true... EXCEPT God is not involved. Regeneration through stemcell research would be the result of man's manipulation.

    If that did come to pass we could say that God was responsible since it could be argued he created the process... we just discovered it.

    In the final analysis people will believe what they want to believe.

  8. #8
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Very true... EXCEPT God is not involved. Regeneration through stemcell research would be the result of man's manipulation.

    If that did come to pass we could say that God was responsible since it could be argued he created the process... we just discovered it.

    In the final analysis people will believe what they want to believe.
    So how come Jesus didn't ever do stem cell research? He's said to have healed all kinds of people except amputees.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    So how come Jesus didn't ever do stem cell research?
    The technology wasn't available 2000 years ago to do stem cell research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    He's said to have healed all kinds of people except amputees.
    Yep... that's what has been said.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    So how come Jesus didn't ever do stem cell research? He's said to have healed all kinds of people except amputees.
    The stories about Jesus healing may not be true. Again, to review scholarly research about the gospels (Bart Ehrman, etc.), there is reasonable doubt that the gospels are not authentic. They were written by Creeks, not eyewitnesses, who mostly copied Mark. There are more reasons to doubt the gospel stories, but those are some basics.

    Because we have inaccurate accounts, we can only speculate. In my opinion, Jesus did little, or maybe no healing. He's purpose, as the Lord (God), was to discuss His relationship to His chosen people and to tell them about heaven. If God did heal, it would only be temporary. In the context of eternal life, why is healing important? What matters is eternal life.

    I believe Revelations 11 is the true account of Jesus (God). Although it is a short story, there is no reference to healing. The reference is, "Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes from the abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them." With reference to "they," it refers to the two witnesses who are the two entities of God.

    The key for making a leap to Revelation 11 is that God is two entities, both equal in power, glory and holiness. Christians believe in the trinity, which is church propaganda from false stories about Jesus (God).

  11. #11
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    The stories about Jesus healing may not be true. Again, to review scholarly research about the gospels (Bart Ehrman, etc.), there is reasonable doubt that the gospels are not authentic. They were written by Creeks, not eyewitnesses, who mostly copied Mark. There are more reasons to doubt the gospel stories, but those are some basics.

    Because we have inaccurate accounts, we can only speculate. In my opinion, Jesus did little, or maybe no healing. He's purpose, as the Lord (God), was to discuss His relationship to His chosen people and to tell them about heaven. If God did heal, it would only be temporary. In the context of eternal life, why is healing important? What matters is eternal life.

    I believe Revelations 11 is the true account of Jesus (God). Although it is a short story, there is no reference to healing. The reference is, "Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes from the abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them." With reference to "they," it refers to the two witnesses who are the two entities of God.

    The key for making a leap to Revelation 11 is that God is two entities, both equal in power, glory and holiness. Christians believe in the trinity, which is church propaganda from false stories about Jesus (God).
    So... why do you believe some stories and not others?

    Why pick one "truth" out of a book of lies?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    So... why do you believe some stories and not others?

    Why pick one "truth" out of a book of lies?
    The Bible is not a book of lies.

    I cannot defend why I select some stories over others, just as I can't provide empirical proof for the existence of God.

    You are the last person I would expect to believe me. Nevertheless I appreciate your civility and our lively debates.

    Since you reject the entire Bible as lies, we cannot have a discussion. I could provide a reason for my beliefs, but that would be a waste of time.

    Incidentally, your in good company. All others on scam.com are of the same mind. Actually, I don't think there is another person who believes Revelation 11 is the true story of Jesus. In the end, it doesn't matter. We all end up the same.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,872

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    A book of stories, allegory, parables, myths....not lies.

    Is Gullivers Travels, the Illiad, Atlas Shrugged or Harry Potter books of lies?
    From a literary point of view, I agree, but what if Bible is really about God? Even though poorly written with respect to what really happened, the Bible may be humankind's only record of God's visit to planet earth.

  14. #14
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    A book of stories, allegory, parables, myths....not lies.

    Is Gullivers Travels, the Illiad, Atlas Shrugged or Harry Potter books of lies?
    Yep. They state it happened when it didn't.

    There are whole sections of libraries dedicated to holding books of lies. It's called the fiction section.

    Exactly where the Bible belongs.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where groids don't
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?
    Because they aren't in the running??
    Because you just can't hand it to em??
    Signature back in one week

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Why won't God heal amputee's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Revydo View Post
    Because they aren't in the running??
    Because you just can't hand it to em??
    Why God Never Received Tenure At Any University...


    He had only one major publication.

    It was in Hebrew.

    It had no references.

    It wasn't published in a refereed journal.

    Some even doubt he wrote it himself.

    It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since then?

    His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.

    The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his results.

    He never applied to the Ethics Board for permission to use human subjects.

    When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it up by drowning the subjects.

    When subjects didn't behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.

    He rarely came to class, just told students to read the Book.

    Some say he had his son teach the class.

    He expelled his first two students for learning.

    Although there were only ten requirements, most students failed his tests.
    His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountain top.

Similar Threads

  1. Paul: ONLY Candidate Who Can Heal & Unite America
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM
  2. GOP/Bush Depression Not Going To Heal Anytime Soon
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 03:10 AM
  3. Heal Zoo?!?!
    By Pryceless in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. Heal The Money System - Heal Society
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
  5. Why god' wont heal amputees....
    By enlightenment in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •