+ Reply to Thread

anyone heard of this?

I am getting desperate for a job, and sounds like a good deal, but unsure if it is legit. I am pretty sure its a scam... Thanks for any help you can provide

www.fogelhomes.net

Hello

We received your application from *****List.com and after careful consideration of your qualifications and skills we have decided to offer you an Administration Assistant position within our company.
    It is offered on the 2-weeks trial basis. During this time you will be trained while working and getting paid $ 850 p.w.

Position: Administrative Assistant
    Web site: (enable images in order to view the link)
    Position type: Work from Home, full-time
    Hours: 9am to 4pm Mon to Fri
    Salary: $58,250 yearly
    Duties:
    - Online data entry;
    - Writing property descriptions;
    - Handling customer queries via email;
    - Maintaining and updating property listings over the Internet;
    - General administrative tasks.

To move on to the next step please submit your current cell and landline phone numbers - to confirm that numbers from your resume are up to date.

Sincerely,

Fred Bloom
    HR Department

Re: anyone heard of this?

I just got the same response from an application I sent in for a job advertised on *****slist in Atlanta. The only difference was on mine the HR guy spelled his name out as Frederick Bloom. I was suspicious at getting a form letter styled email like this without ever talking to someone, as in a phone interview, at least. And why do they need my phone numbers which were included in the resume I sent? I searched and searched, but couldn't find much on them. Their website looks marginally legit, but could be just a front. The address that the domain name is registered to is bogus.

I replied with an email asking who are you, and why don't you send me your phone number and company info and I will call you after I check you out!

This really looks very questionable. So I think we're both stuck searching still for the perfect job. Good Luck in your search! I hope something really good comes along for you. Something that's really REAL.

That website is missing nearly everything a legit site would have, owner's name, owner's street address, any phone number, any kind of contact email address, privacy policy, terms of use/condition, company street address or any information on what the heck that company actually does.

From the "company" link:
    Founded in 2003, Fogelson Realty – is The Full Service Property House in Europe with over 50 offices in 28 countries.
    Big, fat liars.

From the who-is:
    Updated Date: 08-nov-2010
    Creation Date: 08-nov-2010
    Expiration Date: 08-nov-2011
    Been in "business" an entire 3 weeks. And the scammer behind this scheme only paid for a one year registration, even he knows his scam won't last long and he doesn't want to waste money on a longer registration.

According to the who-is:
    Registrant:
    Name: David Hodgins
    Address: 3493 Romano Street
    City: Chicago
    Province/state: Illinois
    Postal Code: 02043
    According to google map, no such street exists in Chicago and that postal code is not even close to any postal codes in Chicago or anywhere in the state of Illinois.

More from the who-is:
    netname: EXTREME
    descr: Extreme Broadband Sdn. Bhd.,
    descr: Internet Service Provider, Semenyih, Selangor,
    descr: Malaysia
    Hosted in Malaysia.

Duties:
    - Online data entry;
    That part sounds like a lead-in for "cash the fake check" type scam.

Although it could also be the "accept the stolen packages and reship them to the scammer" type scam.

Found this site:
    http://www.newsecbaltics.com/people-...ompany-values/

Which has the exact same:
    Our Mission
    Our Vision
    Understanding
    Integrity and teamwork
    Initiative and results-oriented activities
    Respect and social responsibility

as the Fogelson Realty site here:
    http://www.fogelhomes.net/en/company...any-values.php

Both sites have a similar grey/red color scheme.

I replied with an email asking who are you, and why don't you send me your phone number and company info and I will call you after I check you out!
    If they do reply, please post up the email address and the email itself, doing so will help in determining just which kind of scam this is.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Hello...I just called the leasing agent for the building this company uses as their address. He said about 10 years ago they did rent a space in the building but weren't there very long. He also stated my call was the 2nd call he's received recently regarding the same thing. Sounds like a scam.

I applied for the same Admin Asst. position and it had the exact informaton listed below and received an email with the following reply:

Your job application has been received through the Yahoo! HotJobs. After careful consideration of your skills and qualifications we decided to offer you a position on the 2-weeks trial basis. During this time you will be trained while working and being paid 850.00 per week.

Our Website: (enable images in order to view the link)
    Type: Work at Home, Full Time
    Compensation: $58,250.00 annually
    Hours: 9.00 to 16.00, Monday to Friday
    More information can be found at out web site under careers section.

The next step:
    In order to proceed further please submit your mobile and home (if applicable) phone numbers by replying to this email. We need to confirm that numbers from your resume are up to date.

Regards,

Frederick Bloom
    HR Department

Quote Originally Posted by kerrirenee View Post
    I am getting desperate for a job, and sounds like a good deal, but unsure if it is legit. I am pretty sure its a scam... Thanks for any help you can provide

www.fogelhomes.net

Hello

We received your application from *****List.com and after careful consideration of your qualifications and skills we have decided to offer you an Administration Assistant position within our company.
    It is offered on the 2-weeks trial basis. During this time you will be trained while working and getting paid $ 850 p.w.

Duties:
    - Online data entry;

To move on to the next step please submit your current cell and landline phone numbers - to confirm that numbers from your resume are up to date.

Sincerely,

Fred Bloom
    HR Department

Certainly looks fishy! There are NO online data entry jobs paying that kind of money a year.

Based on the description I have a feeling they are going to be selling you "training materials" which will tell you to place the same kind of ad and the responses you get are going to be the "handling customer queries"

I received the same generic e-mail offering me two weeks of training, need to verify my phone number, etc.

The site the e-mail directed me to (www.fogelhomes.net) I looked the domain owner as well as www.fogelsonrealty.com. They both indicate Chicago address and phone numbers. However, is seems he moved from a street address of 100 S. Wacker to 850 S. Wacker. That's not impossible, just improbable. I haven't verified either address.

I did do a real estate license search for Frederick Bloom in the state of Illinois. His salesperson license was cancelled in 1985 and his broker's license expired in 1992. That doesn't mean this job offer is a scam but it smells phishy to me.
    Last edited by suezuki; 12-07-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Corrected e-mail addresses

I've replied to the "job offer" e-mail as follows:

Dear Mr. Bloom,

Forgive me but this offer seems to be bogus. I've done some research and see that your Illinois real estate license has been cancelled and your broker's license expired in 1992. Your domain name, and variations, are registered to similar addresses in Chicago. Have you moved your office recently?

Would you please provide some background on your company as well as the principals involved? I see you sign your e-mail as the HR Department yet you appear to also be the person in charge.

The phone numbers I've given on my resumé are correct.

After further review of your company I shall accept or decline the opportunity you've offered and notify you immediately.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

I received the same nonsense yesterday. It is awful that people work so hard to waste your time. I hope no one is falling for this craziness.

The red flags are also how "Frederick" has cut and pasted information into the body of the message. I worked in HR. When HR is interested they always supply a phone number for returned communication.

Job Hunters BEWARE. There is also one out there that request you do a pre-screened credit report by simply clicking a link that they have provided. These posts show mainly on *****list.

Good Luck out there. It is a mad house.

My girlfriend took the job, and even sent her banking info.

It was not until the day that she was to start, that they informed her that she would be receiving money to wire transfer to other people.

That was a big red flag. She has since closed her banking account and opened a new one.

Don't fall for this scam.