+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 39

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    We're not going to show up in the siezed site's stats... scam.com will though since the image is hot-linked to a scam.com server... BUT, I see your point. I'm certain scam's server stats record who visits where by way of recording their IP
    ==================
    Back on topic...

    I've been to some of the sites mentioned... let them record me. What's the crime... Oh NO!!! I viewed a government image!!!
    Some domains are already starting to work around the siezure. I found one changed to xxxxxxxx.com.yyyyyyyy.com open for business as if nothing happened.
    Good for them!

    PS.
    I'm certain the major US news outlets are on to this. I did my part in letting them know. I doubt though they'll report on this. If they do it won't be for a few days.
    .
    Following up...

    Post links, in your facebook/twitter, or whatever other social networking site(s) you use, to appropriate information sites to get the word out about this.
    Keeping it here will do nothing.

    The object is to get people pissed off about this...

    .

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    49

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Can we say, "Chavez?":rasta:

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Now I'm all for freedom of speech but what shocks me is how a site selling knock off shoes is shut down but how a site releasing stolen classifed gov documents is free to do anything they want.

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Now I'm all for freedom of speech but what shocks me is how a site selling knock off shoes is shut down but how a site releasing stolen classifed gov documents is free to do anything they want.
    Because wikileaks is not registered in the USA.

    When you type 'scam.com' into the web browser your computer has to translate this 'human-friendly' address into a physical location. It does this by contacting a central server that acts like a yellow pages. It looks up scam.com and finds that it is located at 208.86.2.178. This then allows your computer to contact the scam.com server and ask it what the latest things posted by dchristie and pwrone are.

    Each country has it's own address book. Sites that end with .au need to go through an address book located in Australia, sites with .com through the USA, sites with .ca through Canada etc. HOWEVER, just because the address book is located in one country doesn't mean that the actual, physical server is located in that country. You might look up the address in the Japanese address book, and find that the physical location of the server is in Russia.

    What has happened here is that the physical location of the sites is overseas, but they wanted their address to be in the US address book. The government has now removed them from the address book, but they can't do anything about the site themselves. If you know the IP address of those sites, then you can still connect to them, but you can't look up this address anymore using their name. Most of them will probably just re-register with another DNS, meaning that instead of typing 'cheapripoffshoes.com' you'll type 'cheapripoffshoes.com.cn'.

    Wikileaks, on the other hand, has their name registered overseas, and has their servers located overseas, so there is absolutely -all the US can do about it.

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Because wikileaks is not registered in the USA.

    When you type 'scam.com' into the web browser your computer has to translate this 'human-friendly' address into a physical location. It does this by contacting a central server that acts like a yellow pages. It looks up scam.com and finds that it is located at 208.86.2.178. This then allows your computer to contact the scam.com server and ask it what the latest things posted by dchristie and pwrone are.

    Each country has it's own address book. Sites that end with .au need to go through an address book located in Australia, sites with .com through the USA, sites with .ca through Canada etc. HOWEVER, just because the address book is located in one country doesn't mean that the actual, physical server is located in that country. You might look up the address in the Japanese address book, and find that the physical location of the server is in Russia.

    What has happened here is that the physical location of the sites is overseas, but they wanted their address to be in the US address book. The government has now removed them from the address book, but they can't do anything about the site themselves. If you know the IP address of those sites, then you can still connect to them, but you can't look up this address anymore using their name. Most of them will probably just re-register with another DNS, meaning that instead of typing 'cheapripoffshoes.com' you'll type 'cheapripoffshoes.com.cn'.

    Wikileaks, on the other hand, has their name registered overseas, and has their servers located overseas, so there is absolutely -all the US can do about it.

    I guess that makes sense. It's just odd. I would almost think if some foreign source was realeasing classified stolen documents they would be considered a national threat and have their owners arrested when they come here as well as the gov possibly conducting operations aimed at shutting them down. I believe I saw the creator of wikileaks on The Colbert Report not long ago.

    I'll bet a good chunk o coin the U.S. gov has some decent IT guys working for them. :)

    I guess I just don't know enough about the whole situation to get the big picture.

    It just seems strange that some new website could just post stolen classified docs for all the world to see with such impunity.

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    I guess that makes sense. It's just odd. I would almost think if some foreign source was realeasing classified stolen documents they would be considered a national threat and have their owners arrested when they come here as well as the gov possibly conducting operations aimed at shutting them down. I believe I saw the creator of wikileaks on The Colbert Report not long ago.

    I'll bet a good chunk o coin the U.S. gov has some decent IT guys working for them. :)

    I guess I just don't know enough about the whole situation to get the big picture.

    It just seems strange that some new website could just post stolen classified docs for all the world to see with such impunity.
    Yep. It's one of the beautiful things about the web. No one is able to control it. It's a network of nodes all linked to one another. The US can do whatever they want, but if I want to see wikileaks then it's a connection between Australia and Sweden and no one else.

    Similar to the reason why pirated movies are impossible to stop - because in that case instead of servers talking to one another, it's individual computers. You have millions of computers talking directly to one another over the phone lines, and there is no central server that needs to be involved at all.

    Maybe the whole internet will move to that sort of system eventually. If that happens, there will be almost nothing the authorities can do to control it.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    It's really sad the some people on this forum have a one track mind. I'm glad to see others are capable of having an actual discussion.


    LOL...but not you.



    The title of the thread says it all--are you under the impression that we should be "ing angry" because piracy sites are being shut down?

    Or is there a larger concern here, one that involves the control of information by the Government? Hmmmm....

    Now...take your time. Don't rush it.


    Dolt.


    .
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    LOL...but not you.



    The title of the thread says it all--are you under the impression that we should be "ing angry" because piracy sites are being shut down?

    Or is there a larger concern here, one that involves the control of information by the Government? Hmmmm....

    Now...take your time. Don't rush it.


    Dolt.


    .
    You should be angry about piracy sites being shut down (although only one of these sites was related to piracy).

    There was no court order. In fact, the site didn't even do anything illegal under US law (and it's not even located in the US). As the article pointed out, blocking that site for piracy is like blocking google because you can use google to search for illegal material.

    There is no such thing as due process here. Corporate donors to the two major parties tell them what to do, and the parties do it. Pure and simple.

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    You should be angry about piracy sites being shut down (although only one of these sites was related to piracy).

    There was no court order. In fact, the site didn't even do anything illegal under US law (and it's not even located in the US). As the article pointed out, blocking that site for piracy is like blocking google because you can use google to search for illegal material.

    There is no such thing as due process here. Corporate donors to the two major parties tell them what to do, and the parties do it. Pure and simple.



    Yep, you are correct, of course, and I even mentioned this monstrously illegal 'lack of due process' elsewhere.

    However, you may want to look at the list of sites again, the majority, or all, are involved in counterfeit goods. Yes? I think that IS piracy.




    Still, can we agree that the larger issue looms?




    .
    Last edited by pwrone; 11-28-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    W.aterloo, ON
    Posts
    22

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Good lord folks, this is a copyright infringement matter, not a president's first step toward secret world domination!

    Selling unauthorized reproductions of copyrighted anything has always been against the law. That's what copyrights are for, and it's always been law enforcement's job to combat it.

    I'm just as pissed off as anybody that I have to spend $30 for a whole crappy Metallica CD when I only want the one tune. But that doesn't relate to which party is in power this week or next.

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    The US can do whatever they want, but if I want to see wikileaks then it's a connection between Australia and Sweden and no one else.
    Hey, don't blame us... :cwm2:

    Wikileaks is hosted in Ireland, at 46.51.171.90.
    Last edited by Kelderek; 11-28-2010 at 09:43 PM.

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Hey, don't blame us... :cwm2:

    Wikileaks is hosted in Ireland, at 46.51.171.90.
    They apparently have two IP addresses, one of which comes up as Ireland, and one of which comes up as the USA.

    I'm not an expert on these things, so I'm not sure what that means. I'm pretty sure that they are hosted in Sweden though.

    Actually, just found this which says that they have servers in Sweden and France.

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    They apparently have two IP addresses, one of which comes up as Ireland, and one of which comes up as the USA.

    I'm not an expert on these things, so I'm not sure what that means. I'm pretty sure that they are hosted in Sweden though.

    Actually, just found this which says that they have servers in Sweden and France.
    Yeah, I know they used the Swedish company PRQ before, which was the reason for Assange to visit Sweden at the time he got involved in the rape charges.

    I traced the IP address and it showed Ireland. Doesn't necessarily mean that the servers are located there, just that they use a gateway to the Internet with an Irish IP-address.

    Physical location is one thing, where you get routed onto the Internet is another. I work for a French company. When I connect to the corporate network from my home, I get a French IP-address, which sometimes leads to amusing results (Yahoo shows their site in French, as an example...) When I'm at the office, I get a Swedish IP-address and I feel at home again... :spin2:

  14. #30
    Sharky's Avatar
    Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Carolia
    Posts
    627

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    All things that infringe on Freedoms are horrible.

    Lest we forget that the Internet was first invented for the US Government and by the US Government.

    If you break American Law you should be punished.

    If you break International Law you should be punished.

    The sites where closed down.


    Laws are in place for this and not Orwellian in design.

    But here is a something to think seriously about.

    As far as Infringement issues (laws) there are people out there that make copies of movies, correct?

    This gives the FBI the right to enter your home and seize all copies and fine you $250,000 for each and jail time for each.

    (Shit)

    Can you imagine what would occur if they, the (FBI) used this law to its fullest extent on all.

    This would give people the power to turn in neighbors,(already do) if they disagreed on some trivial matter (or what they feel is a threat), giving the pissed off one a chance to punish another by informing to the FBI about them having a copy of a film. And off to Jail you go.

    Millions of Americans would be put in Jail and lose all they own.

    There wouldn't be enough Jails.

    There is a clamp down coming.

    But more of one they you could even imagine.

    Yes, this does make me a little angry.

    But I knew it was in the making since 1972.

    As far as Wiki-leaks is concerned, I have a real problem with what this Wiki guy has done.

    Personally I feel He hates Americans and wishes our country to lose whatever was left of, as far regard for us by World Nations.

    But again our( State Department and Military) observations in such material was at a Top Security Level and should of been destroyed after the powers that be, read the reports.

    Now they found an escape goat a Private.

    This kind of information would never of been able to be read or accessed by such as he. You need a Top Security of at the least of a Crypto14 Orange an E7 or above in Crypto. Or it could of been retrieved by hackers in China( would use this for their purpose and not reveal it) or even Israel.
    I suspect Israel hackers. They want us to be totally for them and maybe some of our remarks got them pissed off enough to ruin us.

    I do feel as if a Trader is in the midst, But with higher Security clearance then is being let out.

    I do feel as if our (any) remaining friendly Governments are not going to consider America in anything we suggest as something they should consider.(like using their troops/lending money)

    There is now a World that will be looking at us with distain after today.

    We might as well remove our Troops out of all countries and let them duke it out.
    We are in a hugely bad situation as far as how we now appear to all peoples( Ugly Americans) who once thought we actually cared about them.

    This leak is so much bigger then the clamp down on Internet Sites.

    Beside all that going on with closing sites, this Wiki is still online. WHY?

    America lost the Empire for sure.
    All our Secrets are revealed to the Entire World that we are truly not what we seemed to be.

    The Only thing that could be worse is Losing a World War.

    I always considered diplomacey as fighting the Propaganda against us as if it was a War of Truths and half truths.

    But there are no half truths, there are only lies.

    Do any of you have a copy of a Movie?

    Don't answer that.
    Last edited by Sharky; 11-29-2010 at 06:10 AM.

  15. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    If you break American Law you should be punished.

    If you break International Law you should be punished.

    .....

    Beside all that going on with closing sites, this Wiki is still online. WHY?
    Cos the internet isnt in america, and isnt subject to american law.

    More importantly, the hypocrisy about this one man is staggering. If this same info came to the NYT, or the Guardian, they would publish it. Why arent they America haters?

    Oh wait, they ARE the ones publishing it ...

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: This SHOULD make you really fucking angry

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Cos the internet isnt in america, and isnt subject to american law.

    More importantly, the hypocrisy about this one man is staggering. If this same info came to the NYT, or the Guardian, they would publish it. Why arent they America haters?

    Oh wait, they ARE the ones publishing it ...


    Um...don't know much about the Guardian, but the NYT has a long, rich history of trying to the USA. They are the communist wing of our willingly-captive state media.

    From publishing hilariously lies on a daily basis while burying any non-adulatory story about obama and other leftist filth, to the bizarre leftist slant of their columnists, to their eagerness to publish ANYTHING that could endanger our troops, well...


    in a way they can't be blamed for publishing this--I mean, others have the info, and these creatures ARE the top maggots in the biz.

    But there is a reason that CNN and WSJ turned it down.



    .
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck on 'Stupid Fucking Liberal' Mode
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Obama the commie socialist? Fucking dumbasses.
    By willyjoe in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
  3. Stupid Fucking ********* @(*&#$* Censor
    By kazza in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
  4. Full-Blown Fucking Islamic Terrorist
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
  5. Don't fight back or you'll make them angry!
    By cruise95 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •