+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Work At Home Assembly Or Craft Companies

Because work at home Assembly or Craft Companies make their money from selling kits and or other materials and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year off of this scheme, I feel more people should be made aware of this.

Take a look at Angel Pins Creations who was just recently taken to court. This work at home crafting company was making eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year selling kits and materials and also selling some angels. The hand made angels were not what was making the owners of this company wealthy.

The Angel Pin closing and court filing is posted on this forum

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=126032

When looking at the way these companies are set up they are set up to make profit from the sale of kits and materials not from selling the crafts like what they lead you to believe in their advertisement.

They advertise an excellent amount of money can be made by making these crafts and selling them back to the company.

They lead you to believe they will send you accurate instructions and help you to make these crafts. No experience necessary.

These companies have you mailing in sample after sample to be critiqued to their specifications. They have put together a difficult craft to be made and have given inaccurate and poorly made instructions, or a craft so difficult to make few will ever be approved and be able to make money and probably none make the money advertised as excellent.

Whether the company pays none, three people or one hundred people they are misleading everyone involved by saying the handmade craft itself is what this company was set up to do.

If these companies were set up to sell hand made crafts they would only need a certain amount of crafts to be sold. The market for the crafts would fluctuate and there is no way the need to sell kits and materials day in and out would be necessary.

If these companies were really wanting to teach you how to make a craft they would have a craft designed so that accurate instructions would enable the majority to become approved and make the money promised.

Instead they have a very difficult craft, poor instructions and an approval process they can manipulate.

I am not seeing the way all of these work at home crafting companies or assembly companies ever being anymore than a scheme to make money from the selling of kits and materials not the craft itself.

I will give an example of how this would work if you were not planning a scam.

I want to sell hand made crafts. I would have people mail me their hand made crafts and decide if the craft they had made would be something I would want to sell. Then I would tell that person yes make me fifty and make them in a certain time frame and I will sell the craft. You could have many different things you could add. A certain kind of craft, different sizes and so forth. This most likely would never work out though cause retail sales or selling these kind of crafts at craft fairs and such would probably never bring enough profit to make this work. You would just need to make crafts and sell them yourself.

By charging for a kit and other materials, making a difficult designed craft hard to make and having the back and forth manipulated approval process. Misleading information given in advertising, put all of this together and you have yourself a scam.

Work at home crafting or assembly companies are selling kits and other materials to make a profit not the hand made craft.

All of the above is my opinion.

These companies give misleading information in their advertising that lead people to think they will make excellent money, make a craft that needs no experience and more people loose their money and time than people being approved to sell back the crafts to the company.

Also even if the lesser amount of people who buy a kit sell these crafts back to the company they are making far less then the advertisement leads one to believe.

My opinion is the entire set up of these companies is to mislead people and make money by doing this.

I wish more people would speak out about this kind of scam because so many are falling for this and these crooks are getting rich.
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-25-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: corrected typeos

Re: Work At Home Assembly Or Craft Companies

Using your line of logic... college is a scam.

Our graduation rate in college is under 60%, meaning that a lot of people that enroll in college under the pretenses of getting a degree and making more money never make it to that point. Of course, college recruiters never give you this information and instead make it sound like you're likely to finish and be successful, even though statistically speaking that's not necessarily true.

The college makes money off many students who drop classes after it's too late for a refund, or drop the class but only get partial refunds.

It's clear that there are those who do succeed at college, and those that do succeed with work at home craft companies. Just because a lot of people don't doesn't necessarily make them a scam. If it did then a vast majority of common activities among people would be considered scams. How many things do we invest money into over our lifetimes intending to learn something or gain something but never end up doing what we intended?

The work at home craft and assembly companies are set up this way, intentionally to deceive and manipulate so that the majority fail and the owner knows their profit will be from the sale of kits and other materials.

I do not think Universities were intentionally set up so that the majority of students would drop out and loose their money and never receive an education.

I will have to check the statistics on how many students drop out of Universities and if the majority of money the University is paid to keep them running is made from the students that drop out. I really doubt this is the case for all of our Universities.

I took a look at statistics and it of course depends on the particular University as to how many students drop out. Students pay tuition in different ways. You are not going to pay for four years of studies at a Univeristy and drop out and loose all of your money your freshman year. Schools have different payment arrangements and many you can pay by hours, classes, semesters etc.
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-25-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Looks as though there are those who do beleive our Universities are a scam.

Here is an aritcle about this issue.
    Guess this really shoud be a new thread topic.

http://biggovernment.com/dtrowbridge...-universities/

Here is an article that WAHM.com has posted.

Each and every company can have variations in the way they manipulate you to pay them more money to make money.

Are Work From Home Assembly Jobs a SCAM

When you decide to work from home, a world of options opens up. During your search for a job, you're likely to encounter a number of work from home assembly jobs. The advertisements look enticing and fun; you can stay home and make a part time income doing something you love. Especially if you are the arts and crafts type, it can seem like a dream job opportunity for any stay at home mom.
    It may seem feasible, as these companies are asking you to make their products at home, and they will pay you for it. However, how realistic are their hidden expectations? Are work at home assembly jobs legit or just another scam in the world of work from home jobs?
    The Work from Home Assembly Job
    There are many different types of work from home assembly jobs. Most of them are craft related, as opposed to requiring handy work or knowledge of technology. The most popular specialize in beaded jewelry, or other handcrafted jewelry and crafts that require you to paint, cut, sew and hot glue gun products into sell-able items. Wearable beaded earrings, necklaces, crosses and adorable magnetics are among the products you can make from home.
    The finished products are sold on the company website and others are sold in stores. For a stay at home mom, the variety of crafts available make the work at home assembly job even more tempting. Yet, there are a few catches.
    The Truth About Work from Home Assemly Jobs
    With this type of work, you pay a fee to receive a starter kit. It is explained that the fee is necessary to prove you are serious about producing their product and cover costs. The company sends you instructions (which are usually unclear, although they are in step by step format) and some even offer DVDs that show a live demonstration of the products being made (at an additional cost). You will also receive materials and supplies needed to create one or more pieces of the product to be sent in for an inspection they aren't likely to pass. It seems that the company cares about the quality of their products. However, once you do produce a product that passes inspection, you end up shelling out more cash to order more supplies to make more products that need to pass more inspections. This is how work at home assembly companies really earn their dollar: not from the sales of the products being made, but from the people who are making them!
    Sadly, most work from home assembly jobs are scams, giving you guidelines that are impossible to meet.

http://www.wahm.com/articles/are-wor...bs-a-scam.html
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.

My honest opinion? You failed and instead of accepting that you may have had problems with what you did you blame the company.

It's OK, that's what most people do.

But if all these craft companies were a scam then WHY are so many still making money from some of them? Sure... some are scams. But not all of them are. You complain that they are misleading but NEC even asks you to call them before signing up so that you understand what you are getting into before you purchase anything. If you fail to properly research what you are doing then that is your fault.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-140/

If they were all scams, if they are all misleading, then why are SOME people fully competent and capable of handling what they do?

I ordered the Disciples Cross kit and while I read on their site that the nails are easy to bend, once I got the kit I found them extremely difficult to bend into the right shape. Do I blame Disciples Cross? Nope, it's not their fault I can't do it and when 100's, possibly thousands, of others can do it just fine then clearly THEY are not the problem, it was me that was unable to do it.

You simply cannot accept that you are unable to do something and therefore blame the company, which is really just human nature.

Nope Lisa

I saw the scam in these companies before I paid out money for a kit. I just did not really realize how many people they took advantage of.

The people making money are few when compared to how many fail. The people making money are making far less then advertised by the company.

These companies could never stay in business selling novelty five dollar crafts that people buy on a whim.

They make big money off of selling kits and pick who they want as crafters by manipulating the instructions and approval process. Make a craft difficult to make. timely, say no experience necessary and sell a kit for fifty dollars with a dollars worth of materials in it. Frustrate people into quitting.

Try to step back and look at the way all of these companies are set up.

New England Crafters is just selling more kits and paying more people but many more are failing then getting paid. The people getting paid are not getting paid that much and the owners are getting rich.

I gained a lot of insight by buying that kit. I quit because I saw how bad the scam was after seeing how they were doing things. I most likely could have gotten approved. Had to move a bow one sixteenth of an inch. But the way they did things from the time I bought that kit left me not wanting to make that sheep and support their scam.
    Then I quit making the bookmark because I also saw the scam in that company.

All of these companies are a scheme and make their money from selling kits and other materials. They manipulate the rest to their advantage.

Take your time and think this through.

I too was making excuses on why I should make the bookmark and get paid. Even though so many were loosing their money. I did just what the NEC women who are getting paid do. But in the back of my mind I knew what was really going on. I eventually had to quit and say how bad all of this really is on others
    When I recently saw how much Angel Pins was making a year, I then realized how many people are loosing their money and getting scammed by these companies.

It is all set up to make money from selling the kit not the craft.
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Looks as though there are those who do beleive our Universities are a scam.

Here is an aritcle about this issue.
    Guess this really shoud be a new thread topic.

http://biggovernment.com/dtrowbridge...-universities/
    Hello to all,,,,,This is sneha here,,,,,I'm new in this site,,,,,This site is very useful......I think help me any my post........

Tulip,
    Just curious why you went and made a new folder? You are already stating your "opinion" in another crafting scam folder here.
    Last edited by craftingmomathome; 12-01-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craftingmomathome View Post
    Tulip,
    Just curious why you went and made a new folder? You are already stating your "opinion" in another crafting scam folder here.
    I am extremely thankful you are not running this forum.

I personally do not think you could see a scam if it smacked you in the face.

I think this topic should be a sticky.

That's how convinced I am that all work at home craft companies that charge money to make money pay fewer people than succeed and the companies are set up to make money off of selling kits not crafts.

My opinion is the payment to some of the people is just an invite to sell more kits.

A member of this forum pointed this out to me way back when I first started posting on this forum. It has taken a while for me to see these companies are bascially all the same and now it is so clear to me what is taking place by each and everyone of these work at home craft and assembly companies.

If you pay some people for their crafts this will for sure sell many more kits and then you can just tell the majority they are not crafting up to par.
    Sorry just not good enough to sell.

I am extremely thankful you are not running this forum.

I personally do not think you could see a scam if it smacked you in the face.

I think this topic should be a sticky.

That's how convinced I am that all work at home craft companies that charge money to make money pay fewer people than succeed and the companies are set up to make money off of selling kits not crafts.

My opinion is the payment to some of the people is just an invite to sell more kits.

A member of this forum pointed this out to me way back when I first started posting on this forum. It has taken a while for me to see these companies are bascially all the same and now it is so clear to me what is taking place by each and everyone of these work at home craft and assembly companies.

If you pay some people for their crafts this will for sure sell many more kits and then you can just tell the majority they are not crafting up to par.
    Sorry just not good enough to sell.
    OK, and how does any of these comments answer the question on why you started a new thread, when there is already a thread for this. I think it was a simple question, that deserved a simiple answer not a wiseass comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jonessam View Post
    OK, and how does any of these comments answer the question on why you started a new thread, when there is already a thread for this. I think it was a simple question, that deserved a simiple answer not a wiseass comment.
    Are you two trying to derail my thread?

Trolling this forum?

Thank you Jonessam. I was hoping for a honest answer from her but expected the opposite, which was given.

O well.

Quote Originally Posted by craftingmomathome View Post
    Thank you Jonessam. I was hoping for a honest answer from her but expected the opposite, which was given.

O well.
    Yep...I agree !!!

As expected. I guess 1 thread wasn't good enough, we needed two of them going at the same time talking about the same topic.

Tulip,
    How are we trying to derail your thread? We're just curious on why you need two of them going at the same time for the same subject. Again, it was a simple question, that you still didn't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jonessam View Post
    Yep...I agree !!!

As expected. I guess 1 thread wasn't good enough, we needed two of them going at the same time talking about the same topic.

Tulip,
    How are we trying to derail your thread? We're just curious on why you need two of them going at the same time for the same subject. Again, it was a simple question, that you still didn't answer.
    Well gee, I guess you two are being serious. I thought you were indeed just trying to give me grief.

As far as I know I have not started another thread like this. I am not aware of another thread about work at home craft companies and assembly companies in general.

There are threads about individual crafting companies.

Members who post on this forum and post regularly often repeat themselves on different threads.

When someone reads a thread they very well may not have read another thread where something was repeated.

You two are members here and have only posted in crafting threads but many other people read numerous forums, threads and may be interested in the topic of this thread and not one specific crafting or assembly company.

Go take a look at the MLM scam forum.

Many threads about individual MLM companies but also threads about MLM companies in general. Also many of the same members posting and repeating themselves over and over.
    Last edited by Tulip; 12-02-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Well gee, I guess you two are being serious. I thought you were indeed just trying to give me grief.

As far as I know I have not started another thread like this. I am not aware of another thread about work at home craft companies and assembly companies in general.

There are threads about individual crafting companies.

Members who post on this forum and post regularly often repeat themselves on different threads.

When someone reads a thread they very well may not have read another thread where something was repeated.

You two are members here and have only posted in crafting threads but many other people read numerous forums, threads and may be interested in the topic of this thread and not one specific crafting or assembly company.

Go take a look at the MLM scam forum.

Many threads about individual MLM companies but also threads about MLM companies in general. Also many of the same members posting and repeating themselves over and over.
    OK, thanks for answering the question.