+ Reply to Thread

Legitimate Work at Home Jobs?

Are there any out there? Please, I'm desperate.

Re: Legitimate Work at Home Jobs?

thanks! what about this:

thegadgitech.com

has anyone tried it??
    Last edited by katiescorner; 11-29-2010 at 05:53 AM.

I know these guys. They are cool. Great jobs. I worked as a virtual call center agent for 2 years right at home. What a gig!:spin2:

This whole thread smells like a scheme.. and I should probably trust my instincts and just delete it... However in case you really just happened upon that brand new website.. and the search engines simply missed the more established websites:

Here is the simple answer... Go to a well known trusted website with free easy to access lists of all the work at home companies. There are many that have been around forever and are well established. I would suggest starting with ratracerebellion.com

Then if you want information try some websites like workathomespace.com and even wahm.com

im sorry that you thought i was a scammer, katie. maybe i should have been more clear. i actually checked it out and there was one condition to access their lists: to fill out a survey or install frogger to play on your computer. i was an idiot and tried installing frogger.

guess what, i got a load of spyware that almost fried my system. luckily, my husband is a computer tech and fixed it. that's why i haven't been on to reply on my threads. that person below me, i don't know who they are or why they say its a good site but it is NOT.

im actually filling out surverys from your blog list now and have been getting points. thanks a lot for that list and all those resources you post on here. it's not much but if you dedicate yourself you can make some cash. thanks again everyone!

oh.. i found a job babysitting so with that and the surveys im all good to go!

(ps. im only engaged but im about to be married and we've been together for the longest time so i might refer to him as either fiance or husband, lol, depends on my mood and wether or not he took out the trash.) :liefde:

Quote Originally Posted by IvetteZ View Post
    im sorry that you thought i was a scammer, katie. maybe i should have been more clear. i actually checked it out and there was one condition to access their lists: to fill out a survey or install frogger to play on your computer. i was an idiot and tried installing frogger.

guess what, i got a load of spyware that almost fried my system. luckily, my husband is a computer tech and fixed it. that's why i haven't been on to reply on my threads. that person below me, i don't know who they are or why they say its a good site but it is NOT.

im actually filling out surverys from your blog list now and have been getting points. thanks a lot for that list and all those resources you post on here. it's not much but if you dedicate yourself you can make some cash. thanks again everyone!

(ps. im only engaged but im about to be married and we've been together for the longest time so i might refer to him as either fiance or husband, lol, depends on my mood and wether or not he took out the trash.) :liefde:
    Sorry, didn't know about the survey thing. I found the list of jobs without the survey inside a post located at Appreciate the apology but please quit trying to use this as an advertising site..

Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 01-22-2011 at 04:09 PM.

There are numerous opportunites out there but 1 thing has been said that is soooo right. Do your homework and find one that has been in business for a long time.

I run a business from home and I am now starting up a second adventure. I pray you will be able to get into that same position....Good luck!!

Are there any out there? Please, I'm desperate.
    It looks like you have your situation figured out but I wanted to share a few things in case others come across this thread.

First of all there is a difference between work at home jobs and work at home business. With a work at home job you work for a company and are usually paid a set hourly wage, though in some cases this is performance based.

Examples of work at home jobs would be call center operator, medical transcription and tutor.

With a work at home business you earn income from performing a task that you have set a fee for. This could be anything from a face painting business to niche blogging.

So in order to be successful working at home you first have to decide what you want to do and then find legitimate opportunities.

You mentioned surveys, in general surveys along with Get Paid to Read programs have very low payouts. Many people making money from surveys are making the money by referring others to the survey sites, not by taking surveys themselves.

If you are going to work online you may want to consider opportunities that have greater potential such as affiliate marketing or writing.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update Ivette.. much appreciated. Like you, I also did babysitting when I started working at home. I babysat, did surveys, sold on ebay and started my websites. Luckily after a year I was able to drop the babysitting.. (honestly, the parents can be a nightmare so good luck!) and the ebay selling. I still have my websites and do the surveys and it's all worked out great. I hope the same goes for you!

Advertising??? I don't get paid for that list. It happens to be a great list of legit companies that hire for work at home. I worked for four of them over a 2 year period. I was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder 4 years ago and needed a flexible job online. Thought this would help more people in need. Shouldn't you explain that your sig links are affiliate links?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWebDude View Post
    Advertising??? I don't get paid for that list. It happens to be a great list of legit companies that hire for work at home. Shouldn't you explain that your sig links are affiliate links?
    The important part of your post is "sig links", as in the links are IN her sig line. Your link was NOT in your sig line, which is why it was removed.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

May I make a small suggestion?

I've personally tried a bunch of so-called "work from home" programs (scams): paid surveys and the like.

And I have to say, almost all of them were a complete and utter waste of time.

Sure, I made money, but only like $0.05-$1 a pop for like 30 minutes work, so it was just never worth the effort.

The only program I've tried that actually made a decent income was a link was here

I certainly haven't made a fortune, but I find as long as I work 4-5 hours I can usually make $50-$100 per day, which is a nice income.

It's not glamorous work, but as long as it continues to work and make me money, which it does, I'm not complaining!

-Mike
    Last edited by Meri Widow; 04-23-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: affiliate links go in sig line

Good job Meri.. You gotta love the people who spam and don't even bother to read through the whole thread.. :judges:

There are so many ways you can earn money online like freelance writing. You can start at iwriter.com and progress to other paying sites when you have the necessary experience.