+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can someone help me?

I just wanted to create this website
    and I wanted to name it

How can I do that without paying up the wazoo?

I just wnat to redirect it but dont know how.

Thanks
    Heather
    Last edited by scambuster; 06-15-2006 at 05:04 AM.

Re: Can someone help me?

Emily, I would stay away from it. Looks like a scam and a referral program. Save your $$

what are you talking about goof? This is MY website that I built.

I just want to make it a different domain name so it is easier to remember.....LOL.....my site is not a scam silly. I wouldnt have spent a week doing it..LOL :p :D

Whew!! A whole week. That would give me a headache. I'm just not a believer in makin money at home due to past experiences along with thousands of people. But be careful on posting links on here, even if you're not recruiting. You could get banned.

Sorry if I offended you

You didnt offend me. I just need help finding a way to change my web address. Its too long and confusing. I want something that everyone can remember.

Yeah, a week!! I lost my job and cant find one so, gotta do something...LOL
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that you lost your job. I know about corporate america, it does suck. Imagine if we could all work at home, what a blessing that would be. Best of luck to you.

http://www.godaddy.com and get your domain name. You can park your domain name with them until you get hosting.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com visit the forums for interest in finding your own host to put your website on.

Then transfer (download/ftp/etc) your files from your first site ovr to your new site.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyemily
    I just wanted to create this website
    and I wanted to name it

How can I do that without paying up the wazoo?

I just wnat to redirect it but dont know how.

Thanks
    Heather
    Hi Heather,

Once you register your domain, in order for people to start visiting your site on the new domain, you can use domain forwarding or URL redirection. Using the new domain name looks a lot more professional and it's easier for your buyers to remember.

Now, I have had a quick look at your site and you need to check some of your spellings there. People think twice about buying from you online if you have a lot of spelling errors, does not look professional. Where are the prices of the sets you're selling? People want to know how much they are paying for their goods. How much are you charging them for shipping? etc....Also, what is so fantastic about the product you're selling? why should they buy your product instead of Joe Blogg's?

Since you lost your job, I remember reading one of your other threads where you mentioned you used to be a child minder. Can't you babysit a few kids now that you have all this free time. I think you'll make a lot more money a lot quicker than selling this stuff online. First of all, people want tio buy from someone they can trust. So, assuming I don't I don't know you, why would I want to buy products from you online? How do I know my products will arrive?

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but be realistic about what you are trying to achieve to save disappointment.

You have really good ideas though.:)
    Last edited by scambuster; 06-15-2006 at 05:18 AM.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

This works well for us... My wife started a small horse rescue and wanted me to design her web site. For hosting I started out at freewebs.com... there was no charge. After about a month the content of the site grew to exceed the limit for a free site so I subscribed to their premium service @ $9.00 per month. This got me over 200mb of server space and 2.5gb of bandwidth. Later I registered her domain through them for $20.00 per year and 1 email addy for $18.00 per year.

As I mentioned, this works well for us... hope this is a help
    Last edited by PaulM; 06-14-2006 at 05:19 AM.

You can also go to sitepoint.com for help on designing, hosting and promoting your site.

Also check out this thread:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385002

Good luck and have fun with your site.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyemily
    what are you talking about goof? This is MY website that I built.
    I just want to make it a different domain name so it is easier to remember.....LOL.....my site is not a scam silly. I wouldnt have spent a week doing it..LOL :p :D

LOL, nobody hates scammers more than me but I can't see anything wrong with your website.
    Good luck.

Heather,

Just at a glance... your overall design is pretty good. I know of a couple of forums where you can get design tips and really make your site "SHOUT"!!

Both forums are frequented by web site evaluators, designers and graphics creators that will knock yous socks off.

Since I can't post the links here just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the links. :)

Too bad you have all those referral links.
    You are thisclose to getting banned.

After looking you up online, it is obvious you do that sort of thing for a living.
    You cannot recruit here. Leave quietly. (Or correct me if I'm wrong)

You go scambuster. Obviously people don't learn. Time to go back to school :rolleyes:

LadyEmily is a line of cosmetics she is pushing. She is all over the internet pushing her BS.