+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's User Rank

"Power of our own Meditations"

Below was taken from The Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy 1890.“The Holy Spirit is among US”

From the moment the members of a religious gathering said, “The Holy Spirit is among us,” when they claimed theirs the highest authority above all other authorities, when they accepted the results of their own meditation as more worthy than the divine spark that exists in every person (that is, the intellect and conscience), from this time, a great lie originated, a lie which deceives the bodies and souls of many people, which has destroyed millions of human beings, and which continues its terrible work.

In 1682, a Dr. Leyton, a respected citizen of England who wrote a book criticizing a bishop, was put on trial and severely punished.
    First he was harshly beaten, then one ear was cut away. After several days he was beaten again, through the injuries on his back had not healed: then they cut off his second ear, and tore off his nose.
    This was done in the name of Christianity.

In 1636 a citizen of high standing, Samuel Gorton departed England to a land that was said to tolerate freedom of religion . Upon his arrival he wrote in His diary that “he found it to be more rigid in religious matters (“no freedom of religion”). He was put into the stocks and whipped for His belief. Samuel was a well respected individual and an expert in English Law, though he was of a high standing this mattered not.
    While defending a woman for working as his servant (un-married women were not allowed in the colonies) he was found guilty of their laws of inequality of women (Samuel wrote all were equal, slaves too under God) His home was burned down, land taken, whipped publicly, put in the stocks again then banished Rogue Island.(Rhode Island)
    The Authorities (Winthrop) saw that Samuel kept preaching his beliefs. Now, out of their jurisdiction, Winthrop sent 200 troops and captured him. After the whipping (30 lashes) and water boarding, then sent to England in irons as a Heritic. Through the council Earl of Warwick, the King found him not guilty and allowed Gorton to return, this time under the protection of the King. Winthrop could never do harm to Him or his belongings ever again. (They couldn’t stop a man of conviction, later to be first President of the Colonies)

These men of a their particular faith showed the beginning of this letter to be true and is very alive today in our times.
    What is stated is so true in our time and it is not owned by the so-called Christians.

Re: "Power of our own Meditations"

I find very interesting that of all the people who have read this have not made a reply.
    It was written over 100 years ago.
    My guess is it is either seen as a
    truth (by secular, religious ie christian/muslim and jew) and can in no way refute the past and present of our meditations.
    I think this is truth that is an all telling truth.:angel:

so i guess i'll pipe up!? i thouht this was gonna be a discussion of meditation!? not some story that you are trying to use for what purpose i'm not sure!? it's almost like stoners have a right to feel good!? and not be perscuted and made to slave over work and such!? :cwm2: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

These guys didn't become martyers.

What this is all about and you missed the point.
    When one group insists they are right in their minds no matter what the Faith is or belief system. They are willing to supercede humanity towards another for they are right.
    Such as saying GOD BLESS AMERICA, In GOD We Trust or my God is right and yours wrong (beliefs)
    America according to us is the only Nation worthy to receive the Blessings of GOD.
    Pray tell, why would that be?
    Just read the simple text and you will see that belief systems kill millions upon millions.
    As stated by J.Swift "Right might over right wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

When one group insists they are right in their minds no matter what the Faith is or belief system. They are willing to supercede humanity towards another for they are right.
    Such as saying GOD BLESS AMERICA, In GOD We Trust or my God is right and yours wrong (beliefs)
    America according to us is the only Nation worthy to receive the Blessings of GOD.
    Just read the simple text and you will see that belief systems kill millions upon millions.
    thanks for clearing that up!? i had been wondering about that PHRASE also!? your using of it made me think it was your own belief!? see how that works!? and i still think "our meditaions" is a good subject for discussion!? doesn't it mean to dwell ON/in!? what the hell is dwell!? is it short for "do well" !?:cwm2: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 11-22-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

This "Power of our Meditations" came from the Calender of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy.
    It is a daily read (one page a day) which it took 15 years to compile wisdom from the ages past. Not just Biblical, but from across the Globe.
    Tolstoy was a pacifist and gave up all of his wealth against his wife's thoughts on Him giving it all to help others.
    He explored Christianities teachings(at the age of 52) and believed them to be true in the manners man should react to man.
    One of his books "The Kingdom of God is in you" is most excellent.
    Martin Luther King and Gandi read and were influenced by this book.
    If you claim Christianity, then buy this book and read it. It, without a doubt will open your eyes in ways that we who do claim Christ beliefs need to read.
    This teaching expanded my mind and I became a new person in how I was now able to see through the correct mind and eyes.
    I was once one of the most Right Wing Pilgrim Bretheran Conservatives on this Planet. But my eye needed to see and this book was that eye opener.:rasta:

I think your point added to Tolstoy's commentaries is an accurate account of what happens when "false belief" becomes "true belief." It all started when Christian claimed to have divine authority through the Holy Spirit. The gospels were in error. Humans have NO God like authority. Everything in Christianity has been messed since the gospels and Paul declared such.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I think your point added to Tolstoy's commentaries is an accurate account of what happens when "false belief" becomes "true belief." It all started when Christian claimed to have divine authority through the Holy Spirit. The gospels were in error. Humans have NO God like authority. Everything in Christianity has been messed since the gospels and Paul declared such.

The true Gospels (God speak) became the Wormwood spoken about. Which you call all being messed up.

did i miss the origin of the title of this thread!? anyway, arn't we ALWAYS meditating on something!? you know the legal phrase "premeditated" !? so you could say, words of wisdom help us to meditate on the right things if we have ears to hear!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :

The true Gospels (God speak) became the Wormwood spoken about. Which you call all being messed up.
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Explain.

11. 11-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Reason
    gibberish

Meditations are how a particular religion (sect or person) feels on the message they have reasoned to be spoken to them on the meaning of what they feel the Spirit of God has given them as far a truth for them and need that truth to be spread to convince the entire world that God speaks to them and all others (religions and otherwise contrary teachings) are ultimately wrong because they have the divine Light of the Word and none other.

"Power of our meditation"
    This is what gets us in so much HOT Water when one religion confronts another on beliefs.

Read again the beginning of Tolstoy's message.
    You should better understand it and the larger context therein.

Wormwood:

It is said that the water would be turned to Wormwood which is something put into the water that would be un-potable.
    The words (original writings) would become un-potable.
    All of so-called Christianity has become un-potable teachings.
    The council of Niciea turned the truth into world wide Wormwood and we have lost the truth that was changed to keep the chosen from true knowledge and from entering the Kingdom.
    Most if not all forms of Christianity has been given wormwood to drink.
    Christ was the pure Water(teachings) which was turned to wormwood through Pagan practices and worship services with graven images and changing God's holy sabbath.
    What to these Church leaders and Emperior, became the Power of their meditations.
    Last edited by Sharky; 11-27-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Meditations are how a particular religion (sect or person) feels on the message they have reasoned to be spoken to them on the meaning of what they feel the Spirit of God has given them as far a truth for them and need that truth to be spread to convince the entire world that God speaks to them and all others (religions and otherwise contrary teachings) are ultimately wrong because they have the divine Light of the Word and none other.

"Power of our meditation"
    This is what gets us in so much HOT Water when one religion confronts another on beliefs.

Read again the beginning of Tolstoy's message.
    You should better understand it and the larger context therein.

Wormwood:

It is said that the water would be turned to Wormwood which is something put into the water that would be un-potable.
    The words (original writings) would become un-potable.
    All of so-called Christianity has become un-potable teachings.
    The council of Niciea turned the truth into world wide Wormwood and we have lost the truth that was changed to keep the chosen from true knowledge and from entering the Kingdom.
    Most if not all forms of Christianity has been given wormwood to drink.
    Christ was the pure Water(teachings) which was turned to wormwood through Pagan practices and worship services with graven images and changing God's holy sabbath.
    What to these Church leaders and Emperior, became the Power of their meditations.
    I find meditations to be a noble endeavor, but unrelated to any communication with God. There is no kingdom of God in our head and God is not in us. All of that is propaganda from the gospels and Paul.

God is holy and we are not! That's my favorite slogan about humans.

We can be satisfied to achieve some solace or peace from meditations, but beyond that, we achieve very little. Humans make a big mistake in assuming they are superior to infra-human species. All we really have is a big brain with superior functions. We can brag about living longer, but insofar as contributions go, humans destroy more than create.

Concerning wormwood, I believe it was meant as a reference to what really happened about 65 millions years when a huge comet hit earth. That has been documented by scientist. After that, if I recall from archeological data, the dinosaurs, etc. ceased to exist.

I believe Revelation is about the history of all of God's creation, not just homo sapiens. The four beast in the beginning of Revelation represents God's original creation. Much of the destruction mentioned in the first few chapters of Revelation concerns what happened after the fall of paradise. Rather than celebrating the rise of homo sapiens, I believe God regretted what happened. I am not misanthropic, just realistic with respect to God.

We are not the center of God's world, we are just one of His creatures. Probably the most destructive creature on the planet.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-28-2010 at 01:47 PM.

cnance, dont you find it interesting where it says the first adam was a soul and the second was a spirit!? without dismissing it as NT jibberish, what do you think it implies!? :cwm2: :spin2: :

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    cnance, dont you find it interesting where it says the first adam was a soul and the second was a spirit!? without dismissing it as NT jibberish, what do you think it implies!? :cwm2: :spin2: :
    According to Genesis Adam and Eve had eternal life with the Lord God, but they lost it when they turned to Satan (serpent) "for dust you are and to dust you will return" Genesis 3:19. Assuming the gospels to be true, you would have to believe Romans 5:12-21. However, if Jesus was God (two witnesses) and died according to Revelation 11, there would be no reason to either believe Paul or other NT authors proclaiming a guarantee of eternal life for merely "believing it."

If Revelation 11 is the true story of Jesus, then the salvation story is a lie.
    You can't be saved by believing a lie.

Paul's account appears to be what most Christians believe. Whereas Adam's sin means humans lost eternal life, Christ death on the cross means we have eternal life. That may be true if it happened that way. I believe it happened according to Romans 11. Because men brutally murdered Jesus (God), there can be no salvation.

It took 35 years to write the first story about Jesus (Mark) because that's how long it took to come up with a really good cover story for what happened.

As for references to the spirit, that seems to be a popular word for NT authors, particularly the Holy Spirit. How many times have you seen a TV evangelist or preacher say "I feel the Holy Spirit?" We have a new preacher and I noticed recently he has become emboldened by the Holy Spirit. He's even beginning to condemn sinners in the name of "the Holy Spirit."

If you don't like your religion, make it up in the name of the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah Brother.
    Last edited by Cnance; 11-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Hello guys,,,,,,,,sneha here,,,,,,,:I find very interesting that of all the people who have read this have not made a reply.
    It was written over 100 years ago.
    My guess is it is either seen as a
    truth (by secular, religious ie christian/muslim and jew) and can in no way refute the past and present of our meditations.
    I think this is truth that is an all telling truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    According to Genesis Adam and Eve had eternal life with the Lord God, but they lost it when they turned to Satan (serpent) "for dust you are and to dust you will return" Genesis 3:19. Assuming the gospels to be true, you would have to believe Romans 5:12-21. However, if Jesus was God (two witnesses) and died according to Revelation 11, there would be no reason to either believe Paul or other NT authors proclaiming a guarantee of eternal life for merely "believing it."

If Revelation 11 is the true story of Jesus, then the salvation story is a lie.
    You can't be saved by believing a lie.

Paul's account appears to be what most Christians believe. Whereas Adam's sin means humans lost eternal life, Christ death on the cross means we have eternal life. That may be true if it happened that way. I believe it happened according to Romans 11. Because men brutally murdered Jesus (God), there can be no salvation.

It took 35 years to write the first story about Jesus (Mark) because that's how long it took to come up with a really good cover story for what happened.

As for references to the spirit, that seems to be a popular word for NT authors, particularly the Holy Spirit. How many times have you seen a TV evangelist or preacher say "I feel the Holy Spirit?" We have a new preacher and I noticed recently he has become emboldened by the Holy Spirit. He's even beginning to condemn sinners in the name of "the Holy Spirit."

If you don't like your religion, make it up in the name of the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah Brother.
    i was thinking more like a soul is a blank slate while a spirit is an eternal absolute!? and meditations are the souls mental experiences/interactions with spirit!? :freak3: :cwm2: :spin2: :