+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Specialty Merchandise Corporation SMC

Has anyone tried this home base bussiness and if so does it really work? :)

Re: SMC(specialty merchandise corporation)

I would like to know also, if this company is an MLM or pyramid? And if anyone has made good income from it? Please advise :)

Has anyone tried (SMC)

Just really wanted to know if this is a legit business and if money can be made before i invest thank-you . :)

Re: Has anyone tried (SMC)

People please DONT DO IT the only people who make money from theses silly adds are the people who post the add 9 x out of 10 the peson who posted the add is the winner!!! I recently seen a add in my local Employment News stated make $5000.00 for stuffing 1000 envelopes be paid $ 5.00 per envelope. what a crock off sh_T that is. 1st they want YOU TO PAY A FEE OF $40.00 THEY SAY IT IS COMPLEATLY REFUNDABLE AND GUARANTEES. yEAH rIGHT!!!!!! i CALLED THE BBB and the first thing the computer tells you is "BEWARE OF ENVELOPE STUFFERS" tHESE PEOPLE GET YOUR $40.00 AND YOU NEVER SEE THE STUFF YOU ARE TO WORK ON NOR DO YOU EVER SEE A PAY CHECK. SO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it Keep your money in your pocket and Go find a real job. I almost fell for this bull Sh_t!! the companies name is: Weight Loss Pros 211 Hancock Bridge Parkway, Suite #6-122, Cape Coral, Fl 33990. Needles to say that when you call the # who is to tell you that the the # doesn't turn into a 900 #
    From a concerned person out here!!!!!!!!!!!
    THESE ADDS ARE BULL SH_T DON"T DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elmor
    Just really wanted to know if this is a legit business and if money can be made before i invest thank-you . :)
    i meant speciaty merchandising corporation

The cost is $299 Full-Price to get involved with the wholesaling program.

Shipping charges are a bit outrageous!
    Products are often out of stock!
    Products are shoddy and low quality!

Most of the products are extremely hard to sell because of the low quality. I would still choose pass here because this is not a scam. But very few in this type of business ever make it into proifts. Unless you got huge amounts of money to invest and open up a storefront space. Better forget it and Look for something else.

Dumbxperts

Quote Originally Posted by elmor
    It depends on your location. I have been a member for 3 years and I live in small town so it is hard for me to sell. The products do sell for themselves. Home parties or flea markets work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbexperts.com
    The cost is $299 Full-Price to get involved with the wholesaling program.

Shipping charges are a bit outrageous!
    Products are often out of stock!
    Products are shoddy and low quality!

Most of the products are extremely hard to sell because of the low quality. I would still choose pass here because this is not a scam. But very few in this type of business ever make it into proifts. Unless you got huge amounts of money to invest and open up a storefront space. Better forget it and Look for something else.

Dumbxperts
    I personally feel like they have excellant quality merchandise. The details on the eagles and wolves, etc are the best I have ever seen without having to pay Park Avenue prices. Now that they have their new warehouse they are able to keep products in stock.

This is legit! It is a real business and can be profitable, depending on how you present it.

I've been a member of SMC since 2002. They are a legit business and how much money you make depends on you. You can't expect to just get the product and wait for customers to come knocking your door down. You have to get out there and work for it. You can make money with SMC IF you put forth the effort. Research the local market and find out what people like. Find out what local stores are lacking and advertise! I can't stress this enough. But SMC is not a scam. Some of their products are not the best quality, but that's just trial and error. I'm very happy with SMC. If your looking for a get rich quick business, then SMC is NOT the business for you. It's just like any other business. It takes time to build a reputation and client base.

It is not a scam it is just that ebay and other places are saturated with SMC products. So many people are doing SMC that now it is hard to find people to buy anything because they can get it cheaper and maybe even quicker from another vendor on ebay.

But the company itself is legit.

If you are interested in SMC... but not interested in their products... Go to google and type in Wholesale Dropshippers and find a list of Dropshippers there... hell... people even sell the results of these searches right on ebay... There are far more marketable products out there.

I've been doing it for a year now and have made a few hundred dollars here and there. I do not put alot of time into it like I should but I feel if I got more involved with flee markets and home shows I could do alot better. Your not going to sell much on Auction sites. Too saturated plus your starting price for the auction is generally to high to begin with. I have yet to have a problem with out of stock items. SMC has setup an online community where members share ideas and opinions regarding what works and what does not. I just paid my small fee to continue for a 2nd year. If I felt I was getting ripped off I would not continue doing it. Just my opinion.

I've been in it for a year and it is not a scam. It is not a pyramid scheme or MLM. They are a drop ship service. They send you several catalogs and price lists, you take orders, your customer pays retail prices, you order form SMC at wholesale prices. They can either ship it to you to give to your customers or they can ship it directly to your customers but with your return address on the package. You keep the profits. I don't put enough time in to get rich. I do make some extra pocket money here and there. It's not a get rich quick scheme. To make money with SMC you have to work at it.

Sup Elmor, I was with SMC for awhile as well several years ago. It is actually a good company service wise, I don't feel the cost for the membership is worth it however. As ron said, you would have to work at it to make any money. The problem is there are so many people doing it on auction sites, that the profit margins approach the cost of the items you would have to pay, so if something is 30 wholesale, anything online like ebay would be like 31 + shipping for example. Won't strike it it rich. I never tried it anywhere else so I can't advise on that, however, if you were planning on doing it through online auctions, don't bother. You would get your catalog and after 2 seconds of searching find 50 other people selling the exact same item.

Just checked out this company today. There are a few problems listed at the BBB Site . And what I just read about the stuff on E-Bay, I decided against it.