+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Online Scams

Any advice will be appreciated

Hello Everyone

I just want to know about this information
    Please let me know any advice about this.

Batch No: 231-967-17-04
    TEL NO: +44 - 704-010-4063 FAX NO: +44-870-167-4080
    OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY.

Sequel to the evaluation exercise approval has been granted to effect payment of the Business Grant of a lump sum of $xx United States Dollars Only) to you. Our payment procedures are outlined clearly below for the beneficiary to avail him/herself of the payment plan most suitable and convenient for you.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

In choosing your payment plan please note the three available plans:

A). Bank to Bank Transfer- For administrative purposes the agreed terms require that the funds must be disbursed through a British Bank, to take advantage of this plan you will be required to open an Offshore Account online with the designated Bank here in the United Kingdom to enable us deposit your check into the said account for clearing. Thereafter you can transfer your funds personally via Online Banking to any bank of your choice worldwide. A minimum deposit is required to open the said account but you can withdraw your deposit once your account is active.

B). You can also come personally to our office here in the United Kingdom to complete the necessary paperworks sign and pick up your Local check with adequate proof of your identity. It is assumed here that you must have a local Bank account within the United Kingdom to clear the check yourself and this is subject to 18.5% UK VAT. The Bank details must however be submitted to us to enable our Bank liase with your Bank to ensure proper monitoring of the funds

C). You can also request for the Local Check to be converted to an International Bank Certified Cashiers Check and dispatched to you by secured mail. You can pay the cashiers check into your account anywhere worldwide and it will clear in 7 days. However because this option is a deviation from the rule You will be required to bear the cost of the secured Courier and Indemnity Insurance to cover us against any possible losses from theft to fraud due to past experiences.

Kindly avail your self of any of the Payment Plans options A - C which is most convenient and suitable to you and communicate your choice by email to me immediately. Full details of your payment plan will be sent to you and your check will be prepared accordingly for final payment. You are strongly adviced to call me and discuss this plans before choosing to avoid any complications.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jack Silver

Executive Secretary

Rolls Royce Charity Foundation.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ley

Re: Any advice will be appreciated

Hello chums! I was just wondering about The Rolls Royce Charity Foundation Heritage Trust too. I received an e from them and replied, telling them I would be happy to receive the money (just to see what they would say and here's what they sent to me):

Executive Secretary,
    Rolls Royce Charity Foundation Heritage Trust,
    23, Mangotsfield, BRISTOL, BS16 9JE,
    England.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail. Be notified that as the Executive Secretary of the Rolls Royce Charity Foundation, I have been appointed your cash/grant processing/duty officer, and your subvention falls under the payment voucher scheme for the group that will be released from London.

Note that this program was designed In line with the 75 years anniversary of the Rolls Royce foundation in conjunction with the British Council.Hence as a Non-Governmental Organization we are giving out One Hundred Million United States Dollars as specific Donations/Grants to 150 lucky international recipients worldwide in different categories for Business development and Social upliftment of their various communities. Thus you have been selected among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of US$2,000,000 as charity donations/aid from the Rolls Royce Foundation in accordance with the enabling act of Parliament.

Madam, as a prerequisite to the award of the Grant, you are hereby advised to Fill-In and endorsed appropriately the accompanying verification Form.

Once again accept our warmest congratulation.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr.Peter Kline
    Executive Secretary
    Rolls Royce Charity Foundation Heritage Trust
    23, Mangotsfield, BRISTOL, BS16 9JE,
    England.

PS:Note that all awarded grants must be collected on or before November 30th 2004.

Hi i'm new to this site, but I know one thing, these people that came up with this scam is good, real good. I was in the process of setting up an offshore account and all. Well to get to the point, I kept in touch with this guy and well he sounded the part. Well I keep on and keep on until finally I was told there was no other way but to open the account. I even had asked them if they would set up the account for me in good faith.... Of course i've not seen an answer from them. Guys i'm not a newbie by any means just well over whelmed. Heck this sounded so legit that I almost shoveled close to 2 grand out of my pocket for this. Well long story short here is my proof that this is nothing but a scam. The following website has it all on here with the Rolls Royce graphic and all http://www.rolls-royce.com/heritage_email.htm
    Here is what that site says

Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust email warning

10 September 2004

We have been advised that emails are being sent by an organisation named the Rolls-Royce Charity Foundation, advising the recipient that he or she has won a grant.

We would like to advise anyone in receipt of these emails that they are not from Rolls-Royce plc and that there is no such thing as the Rolls-Royce Charity Foundation. Rolls-Royce has brought this to the attention of the police in the UK.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to call Mike McLaughlin, Director of Security or Mick Bown, Security Manager at Rolls-Royce plc on + 44 (0) 1332 245590.

Please everyone, don't get scammed.
    Johnathan
    Last edited by bluelighting; 11-25-2004 at 07:27 PM. Reason: proper spaceing

Hello again,
    If you want to leave me some info I will forward along some of the other emails that I have recived from them. At the very end of this they wanted me to send $500 to them and in all the places in the world AFRICA YEAH right like i'm going to do that. Money just don't grow on tress especially trees over there unless they are doing something illgeal LOL.
    Well all take care,
    Johnathan

Tsunami Charities: real vs scams and more ...

Hello, My name is Annie McGuire and I'm over here from Fraud-Aid.com at Scrub's invitation.

As soon as the tsunami hit we knew the scams would follow, and not just charity scams, either. The tsunami disaster is the equivalent of a swindler's wet dream (pun intended).

On January 5th we replaced our traditional front page with this: TSUNAMI DISASTER-BASED FRAUD ALERTS AND WARNINGS!

Each of the scams we predicted is crawling out of the woodwork and sleazing its way out of the garbage bin. It's quite a list and I strongly suggest you go have a looksee.

Annie

6. 02-10-2005, 02:48 AM

Beware Of Tsunami Scams

Itĺs hard to believe that this is the same world that my father grew up in!

That at a time of war between America and Iraq and a time of such incredible loss after an earthquake and tsunami that claimed more than 200,000 lives, that on and offline scams would start appearing almost instantly, but that seems to be the case.

Todayĺs Scam: ôPhishingö

Pronounced "fishing," is a scam to embezzle valuable information such as credit cards, social security numbers, user names and passwords. Itĺs also known as "brand spoofing," an official-looking email is sent to possible victims pretending to be from their internet service provider, retail store, bank etc.

The ôTsunami Phishing Scamö works like this.

Websites are set up pretending to be official tsunami relief foundation sites they will send email requesting charitable contributions for tsunami victims but in fact you may become the victim, as they steal your financial information and possibly your identity.

There are steps you can take to help protect yourself from these scams.

Remember to give to established charities.
    There are a great number of websites you can visit to study genuine organizations, including:

The Red Cross
    The Better Business Bureau
    Charity Navigator
    Guide Star

Adelia is a Fraud

Adelia International is a Fraudulent company. I even received a contract detaling my job description. Their web site layout looks very professional. I was immediately hired. However, the hiring manager Michael urton,evaded my request to complete our business transactions on the phone.

I was sent a check for 7500 via Express Mail from Sylvester, GA last Friday, with instructions to deposit it into my account, which I did last Friday. However, I became concerned after remembering in the contract I was sent from Adelia "that when a Indenpendent Representive exceeds handling over 3000 per day in transactions a backgroud check would be required.

Well, I was sent a 7500 dollar check and no background check was completed. I should of knew something was wrong immediately.

Someting told me I shoud continue my research about the company. I was up until 2am this morning surfing the web trying to find Adelia in the Netherlands, where the headquarters claimed to be located.

However, I found Scam.com's website during my research early this morning. Lo and behold Adelia International was all over this web site. I emailed the FBI Tips department after finding the info related to the Adelia Scam. I will also be at my bank before it opens to submit all my emails,contract, and even the express envelope from the Phony company. I just contacted CareerBuilder and filed a formal complaint,and demanded the Adelia scammers be blocked from using CareerBuilder's employment site to lure people into financial burden and even prison.

Thank you for Scam.Com, I wish I could of found this site in the past. In, closing, it would be harder to provide for my family from Prison. Next time I think something is fishy about a company I will post a thread,before a good person is reeled into trouble.
    Last edited by LazyE1234; 10-02-2005 at 08:08 AM.

Re: Adelia is a Fraud

The gentleman that contacted me through CareerBuilder name is Michael Burton.

Sungerman.com

Watch out for an email scam from someone supposedly seeing your resume on careerbuilder.com from sungerman.com. Below is a copy of the email I received. If you want to see something really great, check out their web site and look at their Board of director pics. The Chair is a 23 year old looking dude in a cowboy hat. How professional do any of the people look on this site in the pics provided. If this was a legitimate company, I would expect to see people in shirts and ties rather than hats and T-shirts. One guy is has a Vietnamese name and looks at as caucasion and american to me as any other person I know (no lashing at Vietnamese, I have a friend with the last name that this guy has, which is why I make the point).

The email is copied to this post directly below. I know there was a previous post regarding this same email somehow connected to Leujennese Cosmetic scams.

I realize nothing is said about needing your bank account, SSN etc. but they said they would send me an application in the mail and contract to become an agent. Read below . . .

Email Sent: 10/6/2005
    Subject: New job offer for (First & Last Name)

"Hello (First and Last Name). My name is Duc Lai and I work for a company called SunGerman Ltd. I found
    your resume on careerbuilder.com because we are
    searching for reliable professionals across the United
    States who are interested in a potentially lucrative
    partnership with an international firm.

SunGerman Ltd. is a leading software company in Germany
    and we are currently expanding our operations in the
    United States. But because of various banking and
    legal restrictions, we are unable to open commercial
    bank accounts in every state. As such, SunGerman Ltd. is
    recruiting partners to conduct simple banking
    transactions on our behalf.

The process is simple. If you were interested in
    becoming a US partner of SunGerman Ltd., you would sign
    an agreement that would make you an official financial
    representative of our company, able to accept invoice
    payments on our behalf. Instead of asking our
    American clients to conduct complicated international
    payment transactions (which are especially complex for
    German companies), we have them work with our
    partners to submit payments. You would then forward
    the payments to us, a simple transaction for an individual.

SunGerman Ltd. pays its partners a 10% commission on
    every transaction. In addition, we will take care of
    any incremental tax liability you incur. Depending on
    which state you are in, and of course on how good
    business is, your monthly commissions could be as high
    as $4,000 per month.

If you are interested in working with us, or if you
    want more information, you can contact me directly at
    my personal email address: sungermancom@juno.com. I'll need your full name and mailing address so I can send you the contract and other paperwork necessary to get started.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Duc Lai
    sungermancom@juno.com
    www.sungerman.com"

Re: Sungerman.com

Already been spotted - http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6105

I wonder if people realize that this is in all liklyhood a form of money laundering. The fact is, if you become involved in money laundering schemes, knowingly or NOT, you are liable for criminal charges in the United States.

Let me say that again: If you become involved in one of tehse schemes, you risk much more than loosing money. You risk criinal investigation and possible prosecution.

I read recently of one woman taken in by these schemes who was prosecuted. She was, eventually, released and the case was dropped... but it essentially destroyed her. I do not know it for sure, but I honestly would not be surpised if there are some people who have actually been convicted and are in JAIL for this.

Listen people - I say it again and again, but all of these schemes are very simple and idiotic on their face: Companies do not need your bank account in order to make wire transfers of money to anyone. It is much more costly for them to wire money to you, and then to pay you to wire it on to others, than it would be to simply wire it straight to them. Moreover, there is no reason why a company abroad would not be able to open accounts here. They do not need domestic accounts to conduct their affairs.

I wish people would be as critical about these free money schemes as they are when donating money to a cause - it would make things much better for everyone concerned.

Have a blessed day :)

Tom T

Its not that people are not being critical of these schemes. Its more like we grew up believing that most people were decent and it takes something happening for people to open up there eyes. Most people are not critical at first, i was not. Does that make me naive. The blame should never be on the people that were scammed but on the peolpe that are deceitful.

I totally agree with SOLIDATED. I was scamed and just found out today. I,to be honest, trusted that CAREERBUILDER would not let just anyone have my personal information, or tell people that these jobs are legit to only find out later they are not. And this has me really upset. Im a college girl who lives at home and saw this as a way to help my family. I never wanted to be scammed, nor help scam in any way. Now im still with out a job, and in the whole $1000. F**k the foreign who take innocent Americans money.

I am sorry to hear you were taken NeedHelp ... =(

Verifying Charities

Please advise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the best way to verify a legitamit charity organization?

I'm looking for info on "Children with Hairloss" the form they sent in the mail looks normal I guess (but I suspect they may be a scam) ... it feels like the back of the form was overloaded with info and too many phone numbers, addresses, individual state information to make it look legit.

I googles the name and got zip!
    Do you have any tips or advice?

Thank you,

JaneQtDoe

Re: Verifying Charities

They have a website - www.childrenwithhairloss.org - and a pretty impressive list of directors (Miss America, too). They say they're a registered charity - it shouldn't be too hard to verify that or the directors - there's enough info there.
    Last edited by linda49; 11-09-2005 at 02:08 AM. Reason: very bad grammer