+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Re: Legalize Marijuana:

WHY...

Are the top three causes of death not illegal yet people are not as vocal about them as they are about legalizing Marijuana?

BTW... the top three are legal.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    WHY...

Are the top three causes of death not illegal yet people are not as vocal about them as they are about legalizing Marijuana?

I am concerned about a lot of things in my world that causes harm.

I have enjoyed discussing this issue and found what some had to say very telling.

It's been fun hearing why the majority posting want to legalize marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    It sure didn't take you long did it Lisan. You sure do like to twist things around don't you. Why not actually read what is there and not read what you want it to be. I never said that children should have the right to do that. Those are your words not mine. But that is what you do. You try to put a new meaning into everything you post on. Perhaps you need new glasses.
    You said:

Originally Posted by Old Timer

That is what some of you have been saying here. That no one should have the right to tell you that you can't do what you want to with pot. Should a 5 or 10 year old kid have the same rights as you?.
    Then I said:

Where has anyone even implied that children should have the same rights as adults?
    Again... did you actually read what was written? I never said you said that children should have the same rights as adults. I said that you said (and you did say) that some of us have been saying that kids should have the same rights as adults and I'm asking you to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    You said:

Then I said:

Again... did you actually read what was written? I never said you said that children should have the same rights as adults. I said that you said (and you did say) that some of us have been saying that kids should have the same rights as adults and I'm asking you to prove it.
    It seems that you just can't comprehend what is actally written can you. I said " Should a 5 or 10 year old kid have the same rights as you?. "

I simply asked a question and you as always try to turn it into something it was not meant to be.

This is what I said from post # 130

That is what some of you have been saying here. That no one should have the right to tell you that you can't do what you want to with pot. Should a 5 or 10 year old kid have the same rights as you?.

Now see how much you can turn that into something else. You are the one that is saying things that are not posted because you simply read things into it that are not there. Never have I said that anyone or everyone should live as I do or believe as I do. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT IS SAYING THAT. I HAVE A RIGHT TO STATE MY VIEWS
    Last edited by Old Timer; 11-20-2010 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    And you are in a State that has great views.

(please pardon my propensity to twist things around)
    Only difference is that what you just posted is entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    WHY...

This chart should tell you ALL you need to know about Marijuana and why it should be legal.

Those who are against it, I don't blame you, you seem to be part of the older crowd and after speaking with my Mother and friends it seems you were fed a bowl of BS about Pot.... It is not the same caliber as Coke, Meth, heroine, etc... Shit, it isn't even the same caliber as Alcohol.

If they could make 1 drug legal, just one and had to chose the safest? It is not even a discussion about the safest one....
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
    This chart should tell you ALL you need to know about Marijuana and why it should be legal.

Those who are against it, I don't blame you, you seem to be part of the older crowd and after speaking with my Mother and friends it seems you were fed a bowl of BS about Pot.... It is not the same caliber as Coke, Meth, heroine, etc... Shit, it isn't even the same caliber as Alcohol.

If they could make 1 drug legal, just one and had to chose the safest? It is not even a discussion about the safest one....
    I'm not saying I feel marijuana should not be legalized because of any bullshit I have been fed.

I know the effects marijuana causes from personal experience. I am looking at the entire picture of drug enforcement in America.

I realize with all drugs some use and have no problems. Because of this you can start saying people have the right to use a drug in their home and if no harm is coming to anyone else why should they be arrested or pay a price to our government for using it. Why a law and are you making moral judgments by having this drug be illegal or all street drugs be illegal.

You can look at prescription drugs, the abuse. Controlled substance laws , over the counter drugs and debate about all of this.

Then people start throwing out all the things in life that are dangerous for you if used to excess etc. and then we have side effects from drugs which make almost any drug dangerous.

Everything in life is this way. We can always find something to use to debate and argue whether something is right or wrong and it may effect you and your life totally different then someone else.

I get a bit insulted when someone like DP says I am against this because I have been fed a bunch of BS.

I have looked at everything I can think of when trying to decide if marijuana should be legalized. I really look at law enforcements side of this, if legalizing will cause more problems because even after legalizing you are going to be arresting many because of laws that will b made after legalizing it. I also am looking at the harm drugs cause our society as a whole. The problems law enforcement has with trying to control the manufacturing, sales and use of illegal drugs. I think the harm it could cause someone as far as health is the least of the problems I see the drug marijuana causing.

I wonder though with what has happened with tobacco, with tests still being done on marijuana as to it causing cancer and other problems relating to smoking, if you that want this legalized are jumping the gun. Do more testing before you make the decision to legalize this drug.

Nobody is going to know if legalizing marijuana is the best thing to do until it happens and we see the results.

Same thing if we chose to lift all laws against drugs.

The professionals who have all the information needed to make a decision about this debate and do not agree.

I doubt it is all bull shit causing the disagreement. I think there are valid facts and concerns that are keeping this drug illegal.
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-21-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I changed the word access to excess

I still don't think that marijuana should be legalized. I mean, if you want to relax and relieve stress, there are many other ways to do that.

If you smoke, you always face some problems with drug testing which is absolutely awful. But at least now we have some options like buying fake urine or using detox drinks for example which may really be helpful. BTW This is the best detox for drug test, maybe someone will need that.

You always have to remember that smoking marijuana doesn't similar to using CBD oil for example, in order to treat your sickness. I've found a lot of interesting facts at https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/cb...minal-illness/

I believe marijuana legalization is necessary all over the world. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol. Especially now you can buy seeds in any online store, such as https://en.konoplisemena.com for example, and grow in your home marijuana for yourself. The police and the law will not be able to defeat marijuana lovers. It's better to get her out of crime.